AmyC

Favorite bands, artists, tours you are looking forward to?

So besides spending quite a bit of money on skincare/makeup, I am quite the "fan girl". I am a huge fan of Justin Timberlake (patiently waiting for his solo tour) Backstreet Boys (they are reuniting as 5 for their 20th anniversary ), Christina Aguilera and Taylor Swift (seeing her in a few days!) Wish Danity Kane would come back... I am a very dedicated loyal fan who will do VIP and such.

What artists tours are you looking forward to? Musical tastes?

lovelyred139

Re: Favorite bands, artists, tours you are looking forward to?

I'm a huge Bon Jovi fan and have been to a couple of their concerts.  They're hitting my area in the summer, but I can't attend stadium concerts -- the lights set off my epilepsy -- so I'm waiting for them to double back around in the winter for an indoor show like they usually do.  I wasn't feeling terribly urgent about it until Richie Sambora bailed.  Now I'm worried that it may be my last chance to see them live if they don't find a way to make everyone happy.  They put on a fantastic show; I'm sure it'll be a great tour with or without Richie.

I'm a huge rock fan, but I'm also keeping an eye on the tour dates for some Irish folk rock groups I like (Flogging Molly being one of them).  The trouble with those tours is that they tend to do smaller venues, so getting tickets is much more difficult.

DaisieWilde

[ Edited ]

I was hoping to spring for Mumford and Sons tickets, and was even selected for the pre-sale lottery, but I can't justify the $130 pricetag (for two tix) with a road trip coming up this summer for two weeks.  Heading up to a music festival near Portland, which isn't conducive to my musical tastes as much as it is my better half.  He's pretty excited, but I'm more looking forward to the road trip up through northern Cali, and then returing through Idaho and Utah on our way back south.  Get to see a lot of new country for me!

I'm a huge bluegrass fan as well... Telluride Bluegrass Festival!!!

helpful

I'm mostly a country girl when it comes to concerts but listen to almost everything! The last couple of months I've seen Martina McBride & George Strait, Thompson Square, Jake Owen & Jason Aldean. I'm going to the Watershed Festival in Washington in August & Taylor Swift in September. And who knows what else in between! :smileyhappy:

girliegirl895

I'm going to Imagine Dragons concert in June :smileyvery-happy: So excited! 

I am SOOO bummed I missed out on Sara Bareilles summer solo tour :'( They sold out so fast! oh well.... 

AmyC

I love Sara! Was a HUGE fan of the Sing Off because of my Choral background.

DaisieWilde

I was SO BUMMED to learn that it was canceled...that was the only show I felt was worth watching on regular primtime TV and made time for it every week!!!

AmyC

(0) Hearts

*claps very loudly * So true!

dianabt

(0) Hearts

How fun! I was just having a fit with ticketmaster's website..

Mumford & sons is doing 3 shows at the Berkeley Theater here in CA. all tickets were general admission for $50 and ALL THREE SHOWS SOLD OUT in 15 minutes. I find that impossible as I had 3 internet browsers, my phone app AND a phone call on the line to buy and I got nothing. NOTHING. yes you can tell I'm still upset lol, tickets are now $140 each if you buy them from resellers and scalpers on stubhub. :smileysad:

Plus side, I got tickets to see Maroon 5 in October and if the rumor is true that Paul McCartney WILL be at Outside Lands (aka 5 blocks from my house) then I'll have to be there and pick up tickets. Too bad it's about $275+ for all 3 days. I went one year and had a great time but wow it's expensive! 

I also missed out on tickets for Justin Timberlake and Jay Z simply because the prices were insane and I couldn't justify it! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
girliegirl895

YESSSSS! ughhhhh I literally (okay not really) cry myself to sleep because the Sing-Off was cancelled! :smileysad: </3 I even signed a petition for NBC to keep it! I've been in choir for 6 years, so of course I love acapella music as well! 

I went 3 years ago to one of Sara's concerts with my best friend. She drank wine on stage and was just amazing!!!!!! She's 798696933333x better live! If you can believ that.. because her songs on her records are already amazing! 

:smileyhappy:

consolvo

[ Edited ]

Within the next month I'll be seeing both Bob Dylan and Diana Krall live. I'm a big fan of theirs and very excited!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • girliegirl895
    • dianabt
    • consolvo
    • lovelyred139
    • helpful