DesertRose0706

Favorite Skin Care Products for Eyes!

[ Edited ]

I have been on the hunt for awesome skin care products for the eye area, specifically a cream or treatment that I could at night to help minimize and prevent fine lines.  I have tried several different eye products and so far the only product I really like is Origins Ginzing eye cream, but only for use in the morning to reduce dark circles and puffyness.

Since i'm not having much luck myslelf, I would love to know what everyone's favorite eye products are, no matter what you use it for! I got fantastic suggestions from a skin care post a week or two ago and I am hoping to get some awesome eye product ideas too!

viviene23

Re: Favorite Skin Care Products for Eyes!

(0) Hearts

Try Estee Lauder Advance night repair serum or cream, it is available in some sephora locations. I'm using it to prevent fine lines and I love the super hydrating formula. I don't have lines yet thank goodness so I really don't know how it works as minimizing. I use it at night and a brightening eye treatment for daytime.

DesertRose0706

thank you all for the suggestions!  i definetely got some good ideas on products to try!

beautylovingirl

Mine's not from Sephora I use Vivite Revitalizing eye cream.:smileyhappy:

lylysa

To find a good eye cream is to pick formulas that have ingredients that best suit your needs and wants. To help minimize and prevent means you're not necessarily needing to jump straight into heavy hitting eye creams and treatments that are designed to actively combat and reverse the issues you're already facing, but you're more so looking to ward off and preserve what you currently have.

Origins' Eye Doctor is a good basic eye cream that targets multiple issues in a simple formula with green tea as an anti-oxidant (oxidation and free radical damage from the environment and stressors can break down collagen, cause discoloration, and degrade skin), cucumber to soothe and depuff, rosemary to keep skin properly moisturized (well moisturized skin is less likely to emphasize lines), and ginseng to stimulate and revive.

The suggestion posted in other comments about Origins' Plantscription is a bit more intensive than Eye Doctor, but still gentle with its botanical base. Similar to Boscia's Amino Eye Treatment (mentioned by Beautytester), the effectiveness is derived from plants and botanicals to help strengthen skin, helping to rebuild and increase elasticity and firmness in skin that may be breaking down and starting to show signs of aging like lines. Both Plantscription and Amino are great to use as an "insurance" policy to the under eye area without going overboard, because lets face it, if you're not suffering from intense wrinkles, loss of elasticity, deep lines, extreme puffiness, and more, you're not going to see much of a result from products geared toward those issues, so instead, start slow and steady with products that are preventative and mild treating. :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

i really love the Origins Plantscription eye treatment

clarks18

I have three eye products that I swear by.

Algenist Firming and Lifting Eye Gel:  This stuff is seriously youth in a bottle.  I just turned 25 and noticed a few little lines near my eyes that started to really bother me.  I've been using this stuff now for 2 weeks.  Those lines are barely visable now.  I use this at night under my night moisturizer.  I'll even layer it under my night eye cream.  The bottle says to use it twice a day but I just like using it at night.  It's very expensive and I want it to last.

Clinique All About Eyes cream:  I've used this for years.  It's very moisturizing and helps my eyes feel less puffy.  I use this at night mainly.  Or during the day if my skin feels too dry.

Oil of Olay Anti Aging Rollerball:  Again I've been using this for years and I love it.  I use this in the morning.  It really helps cut down on puffiness and makes my eyes feel and look well rested.  It's pretty moisturizing for a gel type product.  It lasts a really long time.  It doesn't have a weird scent either, it actually doesn't really smell at all.  It dries quickly too so you can layer it well under makeup.  No residue either. 

I hope you find something that works well for you.

michmo

I am really enjoying First Aid Beauty's 5 in 1 Eye Cream.  

jellybean917

I also use the Origins Ginzing eye cream. For the most part, I like it. It absorbs well and slightly diminishes my dark circles. I'm still on the lookout for a HG eye cream, too.

My concerns are dark circles and preventative anti-aging.

In addition to Origins Ginzing, I've tried:

Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream - nothing special. creamy, absorbs pretty well, does nothing for dark circles

Caudalie Vinexpert Eye and Lip Serum - bought super cheap at a Nordstrom Rack. smells weird. absorbs well, but feels sticky at first.

Perricone MD Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum - bought small size on Amazon to try out. I prefer this over Caudalie's eye serum. Absorbs well and feels nice on the skin, plus I can use it safely on the lids.

Clarins Super-Restorative Eye Cream - very rich cream, but it absorbs well and makes my skin feel hydrated. Considering purchasing, although I don't see a difference, I just like the way it feels.

Lancome Genefique Eye Cream - okay. Leaves the area around my eyes a little shiny, so I only use it at night. no visible results.

Korres Quercetin & Oak Eye Cream - smells bad, but one of my favorites. Actually seems to help a bit with dark circles.

Dior Hydra-life Pro-Youth Sorbet Eye Creme - similar to Genefique, but a little more gel-like. no visible results.

L'Occitane Ultra Rich Eye Balm - insanely rich, felt similar to the Clarins one at first, but then it started balling up when I applied it, if that makes sense. don't bother.

These were all either deluxe samples/travel sizes or full-size products, so as to give the product a fair chance. I hope my experiences help someone!

ChicDabbler

Hmmm, I do have a bit of fine line, but the only thing that helps is sleep and I'm not at the anti-aging stage yet so it's more prevention. I like pretty much most eye cream. Right now I'm using Shiseido White luscent, which is water based cream and sinks in very well without leaving residue.

Most of the time I use gel cream like Boscia Amino Enlivening, Dior hydralife, Amore Pacific Rejuvenating or Fresh Lotus.

In the winter I use something heavier like Origins Plantscription or, if I'm desperate, one of the facial oils like argan oil.

(yeah I've tried a ton, lol. Most of them are samples, promos, or mini that comes in a kit. I would never be able to finish the full size of so many)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • viviene23
    • clarks18