Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Favorite Robin Williams Movie?

Robin Williams was one of my favorite actors, and I'm sad to hear of his passing.  What is your favorite Robin Williams movie?  I'm going to have to think of what mine is, there are just so many good ones.  

Re: Favorite Robin Williams Movie?

@heatherbee 

What dreams May Come, hands down my favorite.

Thanks for your suggestions. I love him

Anonymous Insider

I liked The Birdcage.

Williams also was fantastic in World's Greatest Dad and The Big Wedding. He was such a wonderfully talented actor and a humanitarian. I think his death is impacting people so much around my age because we grew up watching his movies. And even people older than we are who watched Mork and Mindy and other earlier pieces of his work. He made us laugh until our sides hurt. And he made us cry with his serious performances. His charity work made us proud. 

This Maya Angelou quote is quite apropos: “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 

The scene in Good Will Hunting (my personal favorite of his) where he tells Will that the abuse he endured wasn't his fault makes me cry every time I watch it.  They both knocked it out of the park.

I had been quoting Mrs. Doubtfire endlessly with one of my coworkers, thought not so much lately.  What a tragedy.

Little known fact: I was actually in Good Will Hunting. For a nanosecond. There's a scene where Matt Damon is sitting along the Charles River thinking and there are two eights (long crew boats) in the background. I'm in four seat in one of them.

They hired boats and got volunteers from a couple of rowing clubs on the river and we rowed back and forth on that stretch for hours. For literally a fraction of a second on film. Now you know why movie tickets are so expensive. 😄

BTW, no actors were there. I guess they put in Matt later.

I really liked Dead Poet's Society, Good Will Hunting, and of course, Aladdin. Any kid who grew up in the 90's wouldn't be able to forget Genie's voice. 😞

That's exciting you were in Good Will Hunting, jozkid! It is one of my favorite movies! Heart

<3, Randee

Thanks Randee! My little brush with fame! 😄

Anonymous Insider

Such a loss to the entertainment industry 😞  I grew up on Robin Williams movies.  A few of my favs are Jumanji, Hook (RU-FI-OOOHHHHH), Mrs Doubtfire, Aladdin, Night at the Museum, Patch Adams, What Dreams May Come... the list goes on & on!  The cool thing, we've been watching a lot of movies over the Summer & my girls have seen so many of his classic movies 🙂

xo, Mia

I rewatched What Dreams May Come last weekend. I think I cried through half of it. The last time I saw it was before I had my kids. Watching it now that I'm a mom of two made it even more heartbreaking. But he really was such a talented man. 😞

I grew up watching Mrs. Doubtfire and Aladdin all the time, so those are my faves. It makes me think of my childhood and how his characters always put a smile on my face. But, he was such a great actor, and had so many other great performances (besides comedy). I am so very sad, I've been thinking about him everyday since the news of his passing. He touched so many peoples' lives and brought so much joy to those around him. It makes me so sad that he was struggling so much inside. R.I.P. Mr. Williams, thanks so much for your contributions and the wonderful memories! :'( Heart

Patch Adams, Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire, One Hour Photo and Good Will Hunting. So many great ones! He will be missed. Heart

<3, Randee

He was so creepy in One Hour Photo! I remember watching that and being impressed by his range. 

I just watched The Birdcage last night with my boyfriend.

I'm a big fan of One Hour Photo, the movie itself isn't even so spectacular or outstanding, but I remember being very intrigued when it came out and when I finally rented it on video I was not disappointed. His role and character really stands out to me, even in his more serious bodies of work, I'll always hold a dear spot in my heart for this.

Hook is obviously another good one. I remember my mom introducing this movie to me as a kid and I still have it on VHS. There are so many colorful characters and the star power in that movie can't be denied (Dustin Hoffman, Maggie Smith, Julia Roberts). 

Us too! LOVE The Birdcage! ❤️

Dead Poets Society is one of my favorite movies of all time but there's no way I could've handled watching it last night. I would have bawled through the whole thing. 

These pictures broke my heart all over again today. 

rw1

rw2

rw3

PS - Thanks for all the info about the LM setting powder in the other thread. I feel much better about using it now 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

I loved his standup a lot more than the movies, loved loved House of D.

So awfully sad. 😞

I've often recommended Philosophy's Oxygen Peel and described and happily called it the

"Mrs Doubtfire mask"......used to make me smile every time I used it.........

Loved him in so many things...."What Dreams May Come" was truly awesome and I was planning on buying it, haven't seen it in a long while and thought it might be good for me and my family to see again. Just watched "Jack" again 2 weeks ago. There is so much magic and beauty he's left us with - of course, Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, Bicentennial, Mrs Doubtfire and the amazing Awakenings, just to name a few of the endless list of faves.

I keep praying that God brought him to the Heaven of his dreams.

You're still here! Yay! Hadn't seen any posts from you in a while.

I loved the movie Jack! I have watched it so many times! It always makes me smile. 🙂

<3, Randee
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 64 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos3
  • rw1
  • rw2
  • rw3
testing