DesertRose0706

Favorite Healthy Snack

With summer right around the corner I am doing my best to get into shape and start eating healthier. I am getting bored with ym usual healthy snacks and was wondering what everyone elses favorite healthy snacks are? One if mine is fresh jicama dipped in a greek yogurt dip I get from Trader Joes.

Spyski

Re: Favorite Healthy Snack

OH Where can I find these with no Costco around! I love edamame and sea salt! (btw my edamame plants are about 6 inches now! from the "spring break" thread a couple months ago)

Ha I'm currently noming on some wasabi peas as my "healthy" snack for the day.

lylysa

On the Crunchmaster website there's a store locator, it doesn't list out what products from the brand is sold at grocery/store locations, but it's worth a shot checking out!

Oooo, that's awesome that you're growing your own plants!

ColdVeggiePizza

Frozen grapes!

wingatprsct

I love low moisture part-skim mozarella string cheese or a tablespoon of natural peanut butter for a snack.  Natural peanut butter has less sugar but the healthy fat is satisfying.  Be careful, natural peanut butter will have to be stirred after opening and kept in the refrigerator.  Some new varieties say they are natural peanut butter, but are not if you read the label.  Hummus with whole grain crackers or veggies, low-fat turkey slice and fat free cheese slice rolled ups, and 35 pastachios (I pre-bag them to keep from overeating) all make excellent snacks. 

Sometimes when we think we are hungry, we are really thirsty.  I try to drink something before I snack. I do plan snacks intentionally between meals to keep from overeating.

Good luck!

DesertRose0706

Thank you for sharing your favorite snacks!  I got some great ideas for things to pick up next time i go grocery shopping!

starletta8

I also recently subscribed to NatureBox (Google since it's an external link).  They send healthy/natural snacks each month.  I got my first box- wow, everything is healthier and yummy! I was munching on the lemon meringue wafers at work today.

melissabt

Hi DesertRose0706,

One of my favorite snacks is edamame! It fills you up and they're so addicting. I also really like drinking kombucha (no brand in particular). I try to lay off carbs, white breads, pastas etc and sugar!. Pop chips are good snack too. Not a lot of calories per serving (just have to watch the salt).

<3 Melissa
lylysa

Melissa, you'd love the popped edamame chips from Costco!

feline5190

Plain non-fat yogurt with grapes and homemade granola that I make (has no added sugar or processed ingredients) is surprisingly tasty and very healthy.  Also, oatmeal is a great breakfast or snack- I use plain oats, add milk, a pinch of brown sugar, microwave, and then add some raisins or blueberries.  Definitely not as sweet as the prepackaged variety, but still tastes great and gives me a lot of energy.  

starletta8

I'm currently trying to convince myself that Perrier is both a snack and healthy...

starletta8

After finding out just how dehydrated my skin was a couple of weeks ago during a mini-facial, I have made a consistent effort to decrease my caffeine intake (aside from my morning latte) and increase my water consumption.  Well, my skin's happier- and I'm getting there on sparkling water as a whole (instead of tea/soda/juice).

yellorose

Have you tried spiking your water with Emergen-C? Depending on the water and powder ratio, it doesn't sweeten your water much but can infuse it with a fruity essence and provide you with Vitamin C, great for skin health and immunity, also lots of B vitamins for energy. My favorite is Pink Lemonade, but I use more water so even though it's not sweet, it tastes like lemon water.

crayzeeRN

Sorry, going to have to duck in on this conversation really fast.

Emergen-C is ok on an occasional basis, like if you feel a cold coming on. Daily or frequent use of Emergen-C however, can be dangerous. The recomended daily intake of Vitamin C is about 100mg; Emergen-C has 1000mg per dose. On the mild side, it could cause nausea/diarrhea, on the severe side, it could give you kidney stones. It also has effect on how your blood clots. Please use carefully!

krunce

Cheetohs...

I know. I have a problem :s

onomotopoeia9

haha

once we're at it, I'll have to say peanut butter m&ms

melissabt

Seriously:smileysad: I love the flaming hot ones!

<3 Melissa
dianabt

@Krunce LOL but they are SO good! :smileyhappy:

I think my favorite healthy snack is SOMEwhat healthy but not quite...

walnut halves with semi sweet dark chocolate  morsels! The protein fills me up and the chocolate sweet taste makes me happy. 

I also discovered how much I love those edamame boxes from Trader Joes as well as their baby carrots with the garlic hummus. YUMMY! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
krunce

Wow that sounds much healthier, haha.

Sometimes, I eat the Trader Joe's Fancy Raw Mixed Nuts but I wish they had more salt lol... goodness. I still have a problem.

My only saving grace is I don't have a car so I walk a couple of hours a day. That's my healthy snack :smileyhappy:

janinebt

I've been on quite the health kick recently. As a vegetarian you'd think it's easier to have a healthy lifestyle but it's very easy to get careless. I know far too many vegetarians that eat tons of carbs (fries, bread, chips, pasta, etc) just because it's a quick way to get full.

I'm aiming to keep anything fried or white out of my daily meals. So far so good!

My favorite snacks are: snap peas, kale salad (or chips), sliced apples, strawberry-almond milk-banana smoothies, and veggie buffalo nuggets. Bananas are good if you need something a bit more filling, I usually like to have one paired with a luna bar for breakfast.

Now I'm hungry.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
connieconcon

I like boiled and lightly salted edamame like you get at Japanese resteraunts.  Trader Joe's has some in the frozen section that you just have to reheat.  It's got tons of protein and fiber, so a handful of pods is enough to satisfy my cravings.

crayzeeRN

Sweet peppers and ranch! Not sure if the ranch counts...

I also eat tons of fruit, nuts, Kind bars and Kashi bars.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 117 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • connieconcon
    • lovinglondon
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave