DesertRose0706

Favorite Healthy Snack

With summer right around the corner I am doing my best to get into shape and start eating healthier. I am getting bored with ym usual healthy snacks and was wondering what everyone elses favorite healthy snacks are? One if mine is fresh jicama dipped in a greek yogurt dip I get from Trader Joes.

Spyski

Re: Favorite Healthy Snack

OH Where can I find these with no Costco around! I love edamame and sea salt! (btw my edamame plants are about 6 inches now! from the "spring break" thread a couple months ago)

Ha I'm currently noming on some wasabi peas as my "healthy" snack for the day.

lylysa

On the Crunchmaster website there's a store locator, it doesn't list out what products from the brand is sold at grocery/store locations, but it's worth a shot checking out!

Oooo, that's awesome that you're growing your own plants!

ColdVeggiePizza

Frozen grapes!

wingatprsct

I love low moisture part-skim mozarella string cheese or a tablespoon of natural peanut butter for a snack.  Natural peanut butter has less sugar but the healthy fat is satisfying.  Be careful, natural peanut butter will have to be stirred after opening and kept in the refrigerator.  Some new varieties say they are natural peanut butter, but are not if you read the label.  Hummus with whole grain crackers or veggies, low-fat turkey slice and fat free cheese slice rolled ups, and 35 pastachios (I pre-bag them to keep from overeating) all make excellent snacks. 

Sometimes when we think we are hungry, we are really thirsty.  I try to drink something before I snack. I do plan snacks intentionally between meals to keep from overeating.

Good luck!