DesertRose0706

Favorite Healthy Snack

With summer right around the corner I am doing my best to get into shape and start eating healthier. I am getting bored with ym usual healthy snacks and was wondering what everyone elses favorite healthy snacks are? One if mine is fresh jicama dipped in a greek yogurt dip I get from Trader Joes.

BuxomBabe80

Re: Favorite Healthy Snack

(0) Hearts

Watermelon is my weakness! I could eat it every day. I also eat a ton of navel oranges. During the summer I eat a lot of fresh cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. I also love carrots dipped in hummus. I love almonds too. Those chocolate covered banana slices someone else mentioned are really tasty. And I love grilling pineapple, zucchini and squash during the summer. 

miabt

(0) Hearts

Mmmm, I love fresh jicama!  I actually have 2 that I need to cut... thanks for the reminder :smileywink:  My fav healthy snack is kale chips.  I love to snack, its totally my weakness.  But I started making kale chips for me & my girls, and they gobble it up!  A little sea salt & brewers yeast, and they're good to go!  I personally like to put a little chili powder on it for some kick :smileywink:  So delish!

xo, Mia

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

In-season fresh fruit. I could eat fruit forever. Especially this time of year, when the cherries and berries are coming into season in my part of the country. :smileyhappy:

irenet

(0) Hearts

For me at this time of year it's freshly cut pineapple not the can kind. Also, mandarin oranges and Naked smoothies. 

malday

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Raw almonds are my favorite snack, I can't stand the salted ones. Also apples dipped in plain greek yogurt (the **bleep**e brand is the best) or a bagel thin with some low sugar peanut butter and sliced bananas on top.

edit: wow they bleeped the yogurt brand haha what. It's F@ge ...

LouLouR

(0) Hearts

handful of almonds and mixed nuts, unsalted with dried apricots.

lovinglondon

(0) Hearts

Yay for the search function! I’m really trying to live a healthier lifestyle, so I’m glad I did a quick search and found this. I love some of the suggestions in here.

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

I can't say I eat these all the time, but pumpkin seeds are super good for you...zinc, healthy fats, and magnesium (most people are magnesium deficient). I learned this when I was fighting a cold, really helps.

Since pine nuts are so expensive (don't get me wrong, they're also super healthy), I love making pesto w/ pumpkin seeds instead...hmmm fresh basil.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I remembered this thread yesterday at Target when I spotted a big ole can of Planters Pumpkin Spice Almonds. I had to tell my fellow healthy snacker/almond lovers to go buy a can!

yellorose

I love Mary's Gone Crackers, which are available at Costco right now for a really good price! It's got all these seeds to give you omega 3's, plus a satisfying crunch and is organic & gluten free. I love hummus with veggies too but I'm too lazy to make it and really like Trader Joe's brand Mediterranean style hummus because it has a layer of olive oil, herbs, and pine nuts on top, tastes and looks more like homemade-yum-o! My weird one is canned baby corn with evoo/balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and granulated garlic powder. Can you tell I love savory snacks most?

pinklissamel

I was just introduced to couscous and that is my new favorite dish, I mix it with some rinsed kidney beans and chick peas and some sofrito sauce for a bit of flavor and yum high protein low calorie dish I can snack on and not feel guilty !!!

onomotopoeia9

hummus with veggies :smileyhappy:

melissabt

@Lylysa. Cool! I have to check those out:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
lylysa

This thread makes me want to hit up Costco this week and get a bag, it's a nice sized bag too, it's not 1/2 air like most big chip bags.

lolo01

Have you tried the banana dippers from Costco? Its frozen banana slices dipped in dark chocolate they are 100 calorie pack and fill you up! If you like bananas try these :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Speaking of Costco! They have popped edamame chips with sea salt! Soooo good!

lovinglondon

(0) Hearts

I need this in my life. I'm going to check this out this weekend. 

yellorose

You have to try Mary's Gone crackers from Costco. Or frozen edamame boiled with salt. It's super easy.

onomotopoeia9

sounds cool! never heard or those before

lylysa

swfupload_7827134045186119558.jpg

They're from Crunchmaster and they're gluten free too!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 117 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • connieconcon
    • lovinglondon
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave