GothGirl00

Ever thought of dyeing your hair red,blue,white,pink,purple,etc? How about a tattoo ?

Just wondering.... And if you know, how old do you have to be to get a piercing without your parents permission? 18?

camiah

Re: Ever thought of dyeing your hair red,blue,white,pink,purple,etc? How about a tattoo ?

(0) Hearts

I have 3 tattoos, one rose on my back, another on the inside of my calf, and stars on my feet. I only got one of these before this year (I'm 34).  I also have both tragus  pierced, and both rooks (the ridge on the inside of the ear). I agree with everyone else. Wait on tattoos or piercings, the longer the better. think about it a bit. I'm not saying don't do it, but keep in mind that your tastes will change. Don't get a flash tattoo, get something more interesting. I don't think tattoos need to be meaningful or anything (the sole meaning behind my tattoos was"I want this tattoo"). Take your time, find a good artist whose work you like. Do a consultation before you get it, or make sure they draw it on your skin first if it is something simple (like my stars) to make sure you are comfortable with their artistic ability. Only go to places that are licensed and clean.  As others have said, you get what you pay for. If you want something complicated or with a lot of shading/design work, be prepared to spend both money and time. Don't let someone practice on you, go to an established artist.  Finally, know what you want. Be very clear, very specific, and if you don't like what the artist has drawn up beforehand (consultation is importantt!), don't do it. This is your body.  

Also, so, cost includes tip. Don't be stingy.

MissB417

Re: Ever thought of dyeing your hair red,blue,white,pink,purple,etc? How about a tattoo ?

(0) Hearts

My hair has been Purple, GREY(on purpose), Blue, Platinum blond(by accident) and firetruck red streaked. 

Oh and I have an eye tattoed on my shoulder and a friends practice tattoo of my astro sign on my ankle.

NO REGRETS, lol

shortstuff07

My hair generally has some sort of pink/purple combo in it, right now it's lilac lowlights in super platinum blonde hair.  Some of the pink didn't lift out, but it looks nice with the lilac.  I did mint green very briefly, and we've tried to get silver to no avail.  Every where I've gone is 18 to get a piercing without parental consent.  I also have 6 tattoos, an industrial, tragus, traditional cartilage, nose and 6 standard lobe piercings.  936422_10151589375868991_1467275270_n.jpg739871_10151307494513991_1816832627_o-2.jpg

995977_10151737265158991_495981359_n.jpg901522_10151502544168991_153506698_o.jpg

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I absolutely love the colored highlights in your hair, looks stunning on you!

IttyxBittyxMe

[ Edited ]

I have worn purple hair on multiple occassions for cosplay for conventions, as well as the week before conventions 'cause my hair is either in Bantu knots or twists so the wig fits ok. I do want purple hair for real, but I'm waiting until my natural hair falls at least to my ears. 

The  kids at my job have called me a princess or an angel, i've also been called a bubble guppy. My co works just got use to it because it's made multiple week long appearances, but they like it. Outside my jobs kids still love it, but adults are either like WTH or 'I love your hair!'. 

image.jpgimage.jpg

charpic

(0) Hearts

I swear to god I've seen you before- have you ever gone to AX?  That aside, my friend also frequently wears wigs in her cosplays.  I think there's more freedom to wearing a wig though.  There's a lot of choices and little to no commitment.  upload_176552054089986572.jpg

upload_1885100300853001424.jpg

~pictures belong to http://worldcosplay.net/member/zealxv/photos

gotta cred the cosplayers >.>

JustACostume

(0) Hearts

Awesome cosplay! I am currently working on Marshall Lee and Jack Frost for Zenkai con and plan to use my actual hair for Jack so that will be fun.

MissB417

(0) Hearts

ahh that shade of purple, love it!

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

I do to, it's so fun! If/when I dye my own hair want it to be a much darker purple though. 

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

Ahhhh, Rarity!!! I want to be Rainbow Dash someday *0*

neko333

The only cosplay option I've ever really considered was a female Ichigo Kurosaki. I'm a natural strawberry blonde and have really short hair so I could skip the wig. I could also go as Kyoko from Skip Beat but I think she technically has brown hair. I still think it's my color though. upload_5202373321831963615.jpg

upload_3407057374521378293.jpg

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

If that's her on the top...Ya they look about the same color, so why not?

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

I loved being Rarity, I did it for Otakon and Anime USA. I get to wear a pink wig next year as my boyfriend agreed to do a Marshall Lee and Princess Bubblegum cosplay. I want him to do rule 63 Applejack and I do Rarity again as well. 

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

Lucky! I had a ex (we were together before the convention) who wanted to go..He was going to go as Kaito and I was going to go as Miku. But it never panned out. We broke up...I gave him his half of the money back...I still went to the Kumoricon 2012, I had a blast!

syritt

(0) Hearts

I've dyed my hair literally every color of the rainbow and then some. When you're a natural redhead, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. ^_^ It can be a lot of fun, but you need to be prepared for the attention. People will notice more or less depending on where you live (some towns are more conservative than others, but I've gotten some interesting reactions even here in Seattle once or twice). There's always going to be people that love "alternative" styles, and people that will judge you for it. There are also some really great and inexpensive wigs that can give you that fix temporarily.

I have a ton of tattoos, none of them visible when wearing shorts and a t-shirt. (Back of head, shoulders, full sides, full upper back, hips.) I love them and am so very glad that I chose to get them, but I'm just as glad that I can hide them easily. That being said, tattoos are not something to do on a whim. Laser is a terrible thing, and cover-ups tend to hurt way more than the first tattoo. They're also something you want to spend money on. Free or cheap tattoos often come with the catch of not being safely done, don't heal right or last as long as they should without getting patchy, and/or looking like they were done by someone's toddler. So if you're going to get one, research your artist, know you'll still love with your art in 5-10 years(getting it or something similar in henna first helps to tell if you want it on your body for a long time), and save up to have it done right. It's going to be on you for 50+ years - if you pay several grand for a car that lasts generally for less than 10 years, a few hundred isn't too much to pay for something that lasts several times that and is literally a part of your body. Just saying. ^_^

As for piercings, I think it's 18. Even if it isn't, reputable piercing places won't let you in until you are. Don't get things done at the mall - find a good piercer with a portfolio and good recommendations (and uses a needle, not a gun- it's less painful and more sanitary). Even if it's just your ears. This will give you the best chance of a clean heal with no infections as long as you follow the directions they give you.

ShinyMagpie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've done the turquoise/blue/green color and pink (separately) in the past. The pink was my whole head and the turquoise was all the underneath at the back. It was a lot of fun. I'm in my forties but look more early thirties.

Don't know about the parent's permission thing. My parents were pretty chill about that kind of stuff. I remember doing a second ear piercing myself at some point in early high school and they didn't even notice. Their attitude was always 'it's your body you have to live with it'. I remember my mum taking me to have my ears pierced the first time at a really young age. Some cultures pierce their daughters ears when they're babies. 

mrsstory

MikuNerd65 -- My daughter's desktop has Black Rock Shooter and Miku.  :-)  She was Black Rock Shooter for Halloween (she just turned 11).  No one knew who she was.  Someone guessed that she was female Captain America.  *shaking head* 

When I first saw a post by you, I called her over and showed her.  She got pretty happy seeing your avatar & name! 

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

Omgish, I feel so happy, you made my day. I'm glad I made your daughter happy :smileyhappy: And I know who she was ;p how can that be confused as Captain America?...Tsk, tsk, Silly them. I was going to be my username on Halloween, but I didn't know if I would work that day...So the week before, I went to a bar, had dinner and sang karaoke. Everyone LOVED my wig, even one was shocked that she couldn't believe the ponytails was a clip-on (showed her how it worked.) I could've won the contest...but it didn't work out, oh well...it was fun. 

This was my Costume A Miku Nerd. Very original in my books :smileywink: 

o62ifrEdJ.jpg

GothGirl00

Ooo'.  A Miku Hatsune lover here :smileyhappy: image.jpg

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

-blush, blush- Awwwww you guys. Your are so nice!

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

@MikuNerd65 - Son of a gun, wonder if anyone else thought those pics were of you. Your icon resembles that girl that I'm now so envious of. Kinda hard to tell with small icon pic. You look just as adorable as she does, I love the wig you're wearing, I'm not familiar w/ that brand, is it nice feeling and stylable (Call Websters Dictionary, New Word Alert...I think stylable should be a word) I've often wondered if a full wig makes you feel hot and/or sweaty, does it? Dolly Parton is never wigless, so it can't be that bad, right? :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 112 replies
  • 130 hearts
  • 62 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • killahbabe
    • shyvicki
    • emmaclaire
    • pearlgirl7