beautylovingirl

Duplicate Topics

Hey girls,

Is it just me or are a lot of the new topics being started the same ones that have already been done but just worded differently?

beautylovingirl

Re: Duplicate Topics

Ditto!

drrragon

i'm still waiting for sephoramusthave to save us by starting up some exciting new topic..... :smileyvery-happy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Literally I didn't mean "going down" like gone forever I didn't think anyone would actually take it like that. I just meant with the topics being the same all the time it's boring and no one wants to log on as much.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I knew you didn't mean it literally :smileyhappy: I meant that I wouldn't worry about it going down in the figurative sense, either -- that membership probably won't decline because it hasn't seemed to, and people keep logging in despite others continually asking the same questions (as has always been the case).

beautylovingirl

I see it definitely from both sides of course, and it's not like there is a long stretch of time in between these duplicate threads you see one and two weeks later it's the same thing by another person only worded different. Some of the ones that I notice doing it aren't so new anymore and BT is going to go down real fast because there's not going to be anyone on here with the same questions over and over...

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I wouldn't worry too much. I've been around from the beginning (3 years or so) and this kind of posting has always happened. It can be really frustrating when you feel like you're answering the same questions over and over, but I don't think BT is going to go down because of it.

kimmi1115

With so many topics and users, it is going to happen.  Sometimes it can be hard to find an older thread, such as an off topic thread, in order to revive it.  I've had that problem, and I created a newer version of the topic.  

However, what I find to be slightly annoying, is when a user creates a thread for a question.  Hours later, the user will create the same exact thread again.  I know the user is searching for an answer, but you have to wait for the users with the possible answers to log on and see the question.

beautylovingirl

Boo Hoooooo I don't want you shunned neither drrragon  cuz yur my friend!

miabt

Hi everyone!  I know it can be a bit frustrating when a question is repeated (believe me, we understand) & its something our seasoned members have seen many times, but keep in mind that everyone has to start somewhere :smileyhappy:  Give it your best, simple answer & they'll get the hang of BT in time.  You all rock for helping each other out in times of makeup need!  

xo, Mia

drrragon

lol I guess I won't cut and paste then

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@drrragon- Now you know since being a Hall of Famer you would be shunned for that...I know that new people don't know but every topic I come across it's the exact same thing I answered last week. Honesty is just me....

drrragon

boohoo, i don't wanna be shunned .... 

starletta8

I've had this thought for awhile: We need pinned/sticky threads.  I'm guessing it's not in this version of the software, but it's something for the mods to think about for the future.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

do you think it'd be rude to just cut and paste our replies?

MoreGun89

I don't think so, if people are too lazy to look for the previous reply, at least you're putting forth some form of effort.

quenbee

Yeah, i have noticed that too.  

beautylovingirl

@drrragon- I'm liking the ideal of the blinking red border to mix things up a little. So repeat city gets pretty boring though. I like ZING when I come to the Beauty Talk Door.

beautylovingirl

I guess so but it doesn't leave much to go on with all the topics being done 2 or 3 times a month. It would be nice to have new ones going on. C'mon sephoramusthave  throw a new topic up on the board:smileyhappy:

drrragon

yeah sephoramusthave!  do it!  do it! LOL!

drrragon

Yeah, I don't think they could make the big "search" bar at the top of the page any bigger, but maybe they could put a large blinking red border around it?

Or we could just accept the inevitable and expect a LOT of repeats.....

But yeah, it's not just you :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • drrragon
    • beautylovingirl