Don't you just hate cramps? :(

So.. Yeah I'm dying here. I thought I was going to have a peaceful sleep but Noooo,( I always get those horrible ones that last for hours )  the torture just had to be when I was going to sleep -- and more! -- tomorrow's Christmas! :smileymad: ( mad at Mother Nature )  So, what do you guys normally do?

Re: Don't you just hate cramps? :(

(0) Hearts

Chocolate!!!!

Or chocolate covered advil, midol, aleve etc

(0) Hearts

Midol COMPLETE is awesome!!! Also a heating pad will be your very best friend until the day you hit menopause!!! I have one for the front and one for the back. I also try to take something like dream water or z quil so I can sleep through the pain. I'm sorry sweetheart! I know it is awful!

I have recurring endometriosis that made my cramps feel like I'm being torn from the inside-out.  It got to be so bad that it would disrupt my ability to work and I was once hospitalized for the pain.  Now I'm on birth control pills that limit my period to once every 3 months.  It has been a God send!  The alternative was surgery or a hysterectomy.  Before the endo - like others have said - exercise, midol, and heat pads helped.  I always joke with my guy friends that they could NEVER handle menstrual cramps...could you just imagine??

Endometriosis is the WORST. I too have it, I missed a year of school because of it and can not keep a job. One thing that does help is this stuff called fertility tea.  But be careful when you take it :smileywink:

GothGirl00 I hope your cramps let up in time for Christmas! I had really bad cramps on Thanksgiving this year and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially not during the holidays.

(0) Hearts

I hope you weren't feeling really sick for Christmas. I hope it was a cheery day with lots of love around you and maybe you got all swept up in it and mother nature decided to cut you some slack. What did you end up doing? I hope you had fun. :smileysad:

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

** This Is In Response To The Lucky Ladies Who Said They Don't Get Cramps.**

Believe it or not, I'm happy for you gals, truly.

I hate you, but I'm happy for you.

NO, honestly and truly, I don't hate you at all, just couldn't help saying that, sarcasm and I are close friends.

I dated a guy who used to say, "Sarcasm is a tool for the weak!"

Really? Really? That's where you wanna go?

My response, "Well, obnoxiousness is a tool of the obnoxious!!!"

It's just what came to mind, wish I could've come up with something better, but, it worked in a pinch.

Needless to say I followed that up with, "You know something though? I really, really do love you." "Oh no, wait, I was just being Weak and SARCASTIC!!!!"

Check Please! :smileytongue:

I think **spoiledbrat** will appreciate this, hope she finds her way here, she'd be proud.

[ Edited ]

My heating pad has been my faithful friend for ages. 

Although it's been replaced numerous times, I burn those things out, my cramps are so bad. I'm sensitive though and one of those heating pads burned me so badly :smileysurprised:  I, of course, was not at fault, it was entirely the heating pad!

Wish I saw this sooner, I would say you could get those ThermaCare patches that you'd use of a different body part and slap that bad boy on when you're on the go, one on the front & one on the back. Have to make sure it doesn't bother your skin though. You might try putting it on your 'danties' if you don't want it directly on your skin. May be a little late for this month, maybe next year.:smileyhappy:

oh gosh, Im sorry for your pain ladies!! Ive had my period for almost a year and I never had any cramps or pain, except for the annoying huge amounts of blood.

I take ibuprofen ~a week before and throughout my period to make if be lighter and hurt less. I also find hot bathes and stretching helps. Birth control is also awesome at making it hurt less and lighter.

oh man, i've had them since MONDAY! i just switched BC pills and this time around my period is so full on :smileysad: I was on a BC before that made them pretty much nonexistent (so obv no cramps) for like the last 6 years so I was so not ready for this!! I've been drinking tea and using a heating pad :smileyhappy:

yeah i was dying for about a week until it FINALLY STOPPED 12- 23 thank god. and so i celebrated with cookies ice cream an pizza and a whole lot of junk food which made me sick. speaking of ice-cream! gasp! i have some left.  :smileyhappy:)

(0) Hearts

My kind of girl!!

Currently it's Turkey Hill Vanilla Bean for me. What's your poison?

Exercise has always helped me, and I take four Motrin (each being 200mg, which is equivalent to prescription 800mg Ibuprofen). Aleve also helps (you're only supposed to take two a day, I think, but I definitely take more than that). Drug-wise, these are the only ones that have helped me. (They do nothing for headaches for me (only Excedrin does!), but for cramps, they seem to work wonders.) I hope you feel better soon!

I hate cramps so much....who doesn't though? Haha. If I'm really not feeling well I'll do some yoga (exercise does help a ton, but getting the strength to do is hard), take a warm bubble bath, and slap on a heat patch.

Cozy socks and flannel PJs are heaven sent for situations like this.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

My choice is my peachy-pink 'Nars Orgasm' colored Satin PJ's.

That's about the only "O" that's happening right about then!!

Doh!!!!! :smileysurprised:

No,she didn't!!

Yes. She. Did!!!

Or she didn't, depending on how you look at it.

Sorry, obvious over-share. Maybe should've put that in a spoiler. :smileytongue:

Oh boy, I hate cramps! Ever since my first period, I've gotten cramps. It's progressively gotten worse and for me, the first five or so days are always cramp-filled. Mine usually last for the whole day so it's really bad. I've actually been bed-ridden a few times because of it. 

What I do is a) make ginger tea and b) use hot water bottles. 

upload_1457204706598704184.jpg

The ginger tea warms my tummy up almost immediately after I drink it and by ginger tea, I mean I cut up fresh ginger and I boil it in some water in a pot and after I strain out the ginger, I add honey to cut down on the spiciness of it! It doesn't taste great but it does the trick. As for the hot water bottle, it also serves to warm my abdomen up and it makes the cramps less painful. Other than that...I take ibuprofen. 

Also, I'm not sure if you've gone to the doctor about the cramps (or if it happens often for you) but I'm anemic and I lack iron in my body. Especially during my period, I will make sure to take my iron pills because you're losing more blood and more iron, making you feel tired, etc. 

Hope you feel better soon! Happy Holidays :smileyhappy:

[ Edited ]

You're reading a page from my diary!

When I was in High School my period was horrific like yours, except I would get sick to my stomach and other things 2. hint-hint I'd be in bed for days, it was awful. I have a huge issue with Anemia as well, unfortunately, I can't take any kind of Iron pills, they make me so sick. There is a well known side-effect when taking Iron pills, my problem is just the opposite of that, even if the iron is in micro-doses.

I have to go and get IV Iron Infusions, luckily, the place I go to is quite nice, nice comfy recliners, pillows, blankets, kind nurses and if you're really lucky, you can score a TV. The hard part is that people also go there for Transfusions and Chemo and things, you feel like a bit of a weenie compared to that! But it is what it is. It's a valid problem that needs to be addressed. Don't know how old you are or if you're on the pill or not, sometimes that helps. Sometimes men have it so easy! I still prefer being a girl.

I had one at 11 am last week.  I went to the emergencies bc the pain wouldn't go away & it was for 6 hours of torture !  The doc told me I was very dehydrated lol

(0) Hearts

UGH!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • upload_1457204706598704184.jpg