GothGirl00

Don't you just hate cramps? :(

So.. Yeah I'm dying here. I thought I was going to have a peaceful sleep but Noooo,( I always get those horrible ones that last for hours )  the torture just had to be when I was going to sleep -- and more! -- tomorrow's Christmas! :smileymad: ( mad at Mother Nature )  So, what do you guys normally do?

warriorwitch

Re: Don't you just hate cramps? :(

You might want to consider some alternative menstrual solutions. I used to get debilitating cramps every period, but once I switched from tampons to using a cup the cramping stopped. Its amazing how incredibly damaging mass produced tampons and pads can be for your body (and the environment). Its going to seem gross if your new to the concept (it took me more than a year to make the decision) but its really not. Even if you don't want to switch its worth educating yourself about. The blog at Lunapads is a great place to start.

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I've heard of that but haven't tried it, I'm glad you brought it up as an option, good call. :smileyhappy:

ladymeag

Yes, yes, and yes. I'm very fond of my DivaCup and cloth pads (if you're a back-up method kind of person, which I am) are way better for you. I use Rockin Green Femme Rock detergent and it's amazing stuff. (You can also make your own - but try to avoid anything that will leave a scent behind.) 

Once I got used to the cup, I didn't get nearly as much blood on my hands as I did with tampons. It's also way more leak-resistant and lasts longer - even the superest of supers would only last me about an hour, the cup lets me go longer. 

warriorwitch

Same here! But I love the MeLuna (its a German brand) way better than the Diva Cup. :smileyvery-happy: They have way more options for size, stem type and even color! I kick myself so bad for waiting so long to make the switch. They really should tell girls about the different options during school rather than letting them think there are no options.

kalex

Kudos to you for figuring out what was causing yours!  I don't get them every month - just once in awhile.  As far as I can tell I don't do anything differently.  Wish I could figure it out!

makeupmaven

Extra-Strength Midol definitely helps. Taking Bayberry can also help w/ heavy bleeding/ cramps (needs to be taken regularly/ effects aren't immediate).

Exercise can also help!

IttyxBittyxMe

Birth control pills are my God send. Because you see, my cramps are those oh so lovely in my stomach, back, and legs on the bathroom floor throwing up for hours cramps that have me bleeding through super strength everything for the first two days. :smileyvery-happy: I have to take about 6 ibuprofen at a time three or four times a day to subdue them. Then I started my birth control pills and I get a light period every three months for a few days. It's great.

annekevdb

Midol and a heating pad always help. In some ways the start of the period is a relief because I seem to have a day or two of crazy crying jags beforehand and I am always glad to see them go. 

ilovetopurplefy

[ Edited ]

Drinking hot chocolate or tea will help your period flow faster and they'll help Midol, Motrin, Tylenol, ibuprofen, caffeine or whatever you take for your cramps kick in faster and last longer. Also get a hot water bottle for your lower abdomen. It helps. Mine get really bad to the point that I can't even get out of bed and I get morning sickness and hot flashes. I take 2 Tylenol and 2 ibuprofen together with food and tea and it kills the pain for 9 hours.

GothGirl00

Thank you girls!!!! I'll take your advice and hope to feel better :smileyhappy:. Have an awesome Christmas :3 

lilyyy

Get ready to hate on me. I do not get cramps, EVER! I have been on the shot and now the birth control implant and I am period- and cramps-free!

killahbabe

I don't get cramps either (anymore) since being on depo. So I too am cramp and period free. Best decision I could've made for myself since I had awful cramps and pills made me sick.

GothGirl00

Wow, no I don't hate you xD one of my friends from elementary ( we still chat up sometimes ) doesnt get cramps either. 

kalex

Tylenol, Advil, or Excedrin Menstrual always work for me.  A hot bath with sea salts is glorious help as well.

When I get cramps I always get them in the form of lower back pain that comes and goes.  Does that happen to anyone else?

jxw200

my lower back totally hurts right now! how weird, this hasn't happened to me before!

itsjaimiehere

I absolutely love the Thermacare Heat Wraps... They have ones specifically for cramps. They work EXTREMELY well and you can use them on the go, you don't have to be plugged into the wall.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

taylorkiryluik

Yes! They're my go to and when I'm out its like the end of the world. I'm from Canada and used to be able to find them, but they seem to not stock where I'm from anymore. my parents are from the states and whenever I'm down to visit I make sure to seriously restock!

lylysa

Those things are AMAZZZZINNNNNG!!!!!

janinebt

Agreed! I generally will get the lower back ones because they're a bit longer, to cover a bit more area.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
itsjaimiehere

They sure are... Saved me on several occasions!

marydiva

Ugh, so sorry girl. My doctor told me to take 9 Advil a day. 3 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon, 3 before bed. It really helped. Have you tried a heating pad? I had to go to the school nurse once and she had this glorious heating pad. It felt so nice and made the cramps subside. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 48 replies
  • 98 hearts
  • 32 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • killahbabe
    • spoiledbrat
    • theramenlover