Natural32

Does ulta give samples in store?

Hey all!!! I was just woundering if i go to an ulta store and ask a sale associate for a sample of a product will they give it to me like at sephora. I have been dying to try some Dermalogica products but want samples first. please help

gogreyhound

Re: Does ulta give samples in store?

(0) Hearts

From my experiencee, Ulta has more of a Kung-Fu Death grip on their samples than Sephora does. I haven't asked for a sample out of a testere, but I get 'deer-in-the-headlights" when I ask if they have any samples to give me at check out.

Natural32

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone!! i think im going to call the store ahead of time due to the mixed responses just to make sure

Missie772

(0) Hearts

My stores don't make samples out of the testers. Sometimes when I ask for samples at the counter, they will throw a foil sample or a perfume vial but they are always surprised when I ask for one...

sdbeautyjunkie1

(0) Hearts

Mine actually doesn't give samples or foils and they look at me like I'm insane whenever I ask for them that is a huge reason I buy from sephora instead. 

annec322

(0) Hearts

Ulta does make samples upon request.  I've gotten them before.  They put them in little plastic cups with snap on lids like you would see in a restaurant.  

kalex

(0) Hearts

I've had samples made for me from Ulta on a few different occasions.   If you want the best skin care help call ahead and find out what days/times their Dermalogica Rep (the one who does the treatments and facials) will be there.  She asked me a few questions about my skin and sent me off with several different products (some deluxe samples and some she made in the little containers) along with a coupon for a treatment.

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

They don't make you up a sample from the tester like at Sephora, which may be good or bad depending on how you feel about a sample from a container that everyone has been putting their fingers into. But if you ask, they often have foils of items in the drawer and they will give you some. Or ask at checkout, they often have samples there.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I'm surprised everyone so far is saying that Ulta doesn't make samples.  Both of my local Ulta locations do.  They often have pre-made packets and deluxe size samples from the brand itself but when they don't they make me up a little container.

Crazy4Sephora1

They don't give samples. I suggest saving and cleaning some of the sample containers from Sephora and using them for samples at Ulta.  I also suggest grabbing a few of the little spatulas from Sephora also for scooping if you need to.  This is pretty sad but with Ulta there is no alternative.

sdbeautyjunkie1

(0) Hearts

Why didn't I ever think of that? I hate that they don't give samples it's ridiculous. 

Goldie12

(0) Hearts

I am not sure.  I have never asked for one but you would think that they would be willing to.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • Missie772
    • Natural32
    • gogreyhound
    • annec322