tracygirl64

Does it bother you?.....

When you write out a really long and lengthy answer/recommendation/response to someone's question and you don't get at least a "thank you" or heart (just letting you know that they even read it)?  I don't know why, but it really bothers me...lol.

BrennaBombshell

Re: Does it bother you?.....

I just started, but I figured at least giving a heart to someone if I don't have anything useful to reply with would be fair enough. But I have to say I do get a warm fuzzy when I receive hearts! ^_^

kittichick

I admit that it does sometimes. But I forget about it pretty quickly. There are a lot of good points in here, though about new people not knowing about hearts, threads getting buried, etc. Good reminders. :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

Sometimes it bothers me, but I usually just forget about it... but I totally get what you're saying, that's why I heart everyone that responds to my threads

kalex

I can see where you're coming from.  If you don't receive any acknowledgment you sort of start to feel like the crazy lady on the subway muttering to herself.

When I start a new thread I typically heart everyone who takes the time to respond and the same goes for anyone who responds to a comment of mine as well.

bad823

I'm relatively new here, I usually end my questions with "thanks or thanks in advance" I'm still figuring out how this forum works & am very appreciative when I get a reply to my question.

YouAreAlways

I do try to always say something back. IF I see it..I find threads get lost often around here. 

leolion

No, because I figure they either didn't like or care about my advice (I know not everyone does) or they just didn't have time etc.  I usually try to heart responses that people give me, but I don't think everyone does that.  For every person that doesn't respond, there are a lot of awesome and  kind responses, some when you least expect it.  Just like in the world, there are people that above and beyond surprise you with kindness and attention, and others that are just kind of there or are too busy to care.  Don't take it personally, and don't let it stop you from contributing.  If everyone did that, we wouldn't have a board.

killahbabe

I try to make sure that I respond to those who respond to me, but sometimes it's honestly hard to keep up. I try to give hearts out like candy because I know that, for some people, it really makes them happy. I actually just found a few posts today from people that have responded to me that I had missed and then added hearts accordingly. haha.

katie1724

I do, too -- I just looked at my BT stats and I've given out like 6,000 hearts -- I often heart entire threads as I read through them. :smileyhappy:

bombshell30

I do that too Katie!! :smileyhappy:

vanillammm

i feel the same way! why withhold hearts?!

Everyone loves hearts and they don't cost me a thing to give out....

bombshell30

I too give a heart to practically everything! Why not? That's why we have them-- to share the love and happiness! :smileyhappy:

killahbabe

Exactly! HEARTS FOR EVERYONE! :heart:

bombshell30

Don't let it hurt your feelings! I agree with the above. A lot of the time things get lost in the shuffle! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Nope. Some people don't know about hearts, I've gotten WAY more hearts from chatting than from helping, but whatever you wrote will stay here so someone will see it at some point. I don't know if original posters see my response, but sometimes posts I wrote months/year ago will surface when someone randomly discovers it and find it helpful enough to comment.

edit/ps: I've gotten a PM where a lady discovered a post I wrote half a year before and wanted to know more. While I'm too lazy to use the search function, apparently sometimes people actually do, lol, so unless the post was on a controversial thread about to be deleted, someone will see it.

tracygirl64

Oh wow, I see. Well, I am still new to BT, so I didn't realize some of this. Thanks, it makes me not feel so unappreciated with all my time spent answering some peoples' questions! :smileyhappy: :heart:

tracygirl64

And, I'm not saying I want someone to heart or say "thank you" to every single one of my comments or posts. I'm referring to the ones where I spent A LOT of my time writing it out.

MysticalAngel

It used to, but now it doesn't. I just heart those people more.

Those type of people need more hearts in their lives. One day it might occur to them to heart back or a simple thank you! :smileywink: :smileytongue:

jenjendoitagain

I think sometimes, people may not know.

I actually posted a thing in BeautyTalk support yesterday regarding notifications about threads I follow and also wishing there was a different list like in the "My Activity", to have something like "Replies". Something where if you posted a thread and/or commented on a thread and someone replied, that you would get a notification.

What I posted:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/BeautyTalk-Support/Following-Subscribing-to-a-Thread-amp-Email-Notif...

I know, for me personally, I still haven't quite learned all the in & outs of BT. 

So, I wouldn't take it personally because I do think that sometimes people may not go back and view every little thing they write about and know if someone replies. Or, life may get in the way and their busy and haven't made it back to that particular thing yet.

tracygirl64

That is a great idea, jenjen! I'm sure a lot of it is that, to be honest.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 160 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • killahbabe
    • jojobe
    • tracygirl64