tracygirl64

Does it bother you?.....

When you write out a really long and lengthy answer/recommendation/response to someone's question and you don't get at least a "thank you" or heart (just letting you know that they even read it)?  I don't know why, but it really bothers me...lol.

beautylovingirl

Re: Does it bother you?.....

It doesn't bother me at all, the point of being on here is to help not to see how many "thank you's"  you get. The joy of helping to me is just knowing that someone has gotten knowledge out of my answer and can grow from that. I understand your point everyone has their own opinions on everything.

bfuller

Not to mention how threads get buried and you sometimes give up on clicking 'show more'.

That happens to me when I realize I might not have followed that thread at first... then trying to remember which thread it was.

tracygirl64

[ Edited ]

No, what I mean by it is, I don't know if they have ever even seen my response, or if anyone (for that matter) has seen my really long, time-taking response. Then, it feels like time just wasted. I respond because I want to help, but I also don't want to waste my time if no one actually reads it and it didn't help in some way. I hope this is making sense. :-/

jenpred

Sometimes it bothers me, depending on what the topic is. Most of the time, I feel bad if someone responds to one of my threads/comments, and I see it days later and I feel silly responding since everyone else has moved on, if that makes sense. However, I always make sure to heart people's responses!

BlushHoarder

Yes, it bothers me... but I am very very sensitive. In reality, I know it's not personal.

skimaniac

It would bother me too! Common courtesy dictates an acknowledgement of your efforts to be helpful to a fellow human being.

kenny

Not too much. Often times, new people come on here, then never come on again, or they just don't really understand the whole forum yet. I'm sure most people appreciate your answers, but just don't realize to add a thank you or give you a heart

jojobe

That is what the hearts are for! Sometimes they don't work and it can be very frustrating. Some are just plain rude.  Don't take it personally as it is probably not. 

DesertRose0706

It did when i first starting posting on BT, but it doesnt now.  Its important to remember not everyone knows about the hearts, or even knows how to tell if someone has responded to their post (it took me a good while to figure this one out).  I try to make a point to heart or respond to everyone who leaves a comment for me, but sometimes I even forget to do that, because I get so involved in whatever topic we are discussing.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 160 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • killahbabe
    • jojobe
    • tracygirl64