veronika23

Do you spend your points or keep them?

I'm curious to know if you girls spend your points or keep them. I generally keep them because there's nothing I want. A few years ago they had a nice Nars 500 point perk and a nice Tarte 500 point perk.  To me these were worth spending my points on.  The Tarte one had a deluxe bronzer, full size LipSurgence and 1 or 2 more deluxe items.  Gave me a chance to try out the brand. The last time I spent 100 points was recently.  I got the nail polish.  For me that was also worth it!  It's something you can't get as a deluxe sample with a code and it gives me the chance to try out the new formula X for Sephora.  Plus I didn't have a red.  But usually I don't spend them.

Do you spend your points? What do you spend it on?

FireSpinner

Re: Do you spend your points or keep them?

I'm saving mine. they don't expire, so why not? :smileyhappy:

PoesRevy

I sometimes pick up point items I think a friend would like, other times for something I may want to try out. It truly depends on what is offered.

Cyll

Does anyone else think the perks in store are crappy compared to the perks online?

I always get asked in store to trade my points in and then they show me the crappiest of crap perks.

veronika23

I'm not in store all that much but it's usually the same perks...

mpolansky

I hoard my points until there is a reward that I have to get RIGHT that second. If I don't feel an urge to place an order or go to a store right away to get it, it means I don't want it bad enough. Sounds silly but if it's one I know I will regret if I don't get it, I make sure I order it right away.

veronika23

Doesn't sound silly.  If I want one too I'll make sure to get it right away!

kirstensf

I can never keep points in my Beauty Bank- something inevitably comes around that tempts me to spend them!  My most recent perk was the little 100 pt Dior Lip Maximizer- love!

sunshine38

In the past, I have spent them quickly, but now I'm saving them because, you're right, the perks don't seem to be as good as they used to be.  :-(

hydee77

I have been hoarding my points lately mostly because there is nothing that I want.  I too got the Nars and the Tarte perks way back when.  Every once in awhile if there is something I want to try out in the 100 point perks, I will get it.  But the 500 point perks have just been kinda "meh" lately.

anaa

They are just like money to me; as soon as I get 'em I spend 'em.  Like others have mentioned I really haven't seen a 500 pt perk that interested me that much, so I usually use them on 100 pt items.

spacesuit

I tend to hoard my points in case something incredible comes along, I think the last time I redeemed a point perk was the mini UD lipstick. I currently have just over 800 and am holding out for a really nice 500 point perk.

jellybean917

The only time I've spent 500 pts was on the Bumble & bumble event in August. THAT was worth it. I got the stuff included in the B&b Thickening 500 pt perk plus so much more (and my friend got all of the freebies as well). Points well spent!

veronika23

Cool.  Was that only at certain locations?

jellybean917

Yes, I think a select few cities. I heard about it on BT. I'm very lucky to be close enough to Boston for the voyage to be worth it!

veronika23

Oh ok.  I don't think my city got it.  We don't get much events but sure hope it will change soon :smileywink:

lilyyy

After the 5,000 and 10,000 perks came out, I kicked myself for ever spending. Now I'm hoarding and waiting.

veronika23

hahaha yeah.  Another reason why I'm keeping them :smileywink:

BeautyJunkie325

I save them until I see something I really want to try.  I just got the Marc Jacobs mascara.  

dolceloure

I've never been much of a point-hoarder til now. I've only gone for a couple of 500 point perks -- a Tarte set and an Ole Henriksen set, and then most of the time will go for 100 point perks I really like. (usually perfume minis, but now they've bumped them up to 250! :smileysad: )

I haven't redeemed my points in a while though as I haven't seen anything I've really wanted.

spedteacher74

I used to spend them too, but also am now saving.  I spent them on the hair shine perk.  I really liked that one.  A lot of the 100 perks I don't spen on unless I think its truly special.  I can go to my sephora and get a sample pot of something if i want to try something new.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • kirstensf
    • hydee77
    • anaa
    • spoiledbrat
    • aviscardi