veronika23

Do you spend your points or keep them?

I'm curious to know if you girls spend your points or keep them. I generally keep them because there's nothing I want. A few years ago they had a nice Nars 500 point perk and a nice Tarte 500 point perk.  To me these were worth spending my points on.  The Tarte one had a deluxe bronzer, full size LipSurgence and 1 or 2 more deluxe items.  Gave me a chance to try out the brand. The last time I spent 100 points was recently.  I got the nail polish.  For me that was also worth it!  It's something you can't get as a deluxe sample with a code and it gives me the chance to try out the new formula X for Sephora.  Plus I didn't have a red.  But usually I don't spend them.

Do you spend your points? What do you spend it on?

veronika23

Re: Do you spend your points or keep them?

yeah I think the same way :smileywink:

AznAngelLiz

I usually spend my points on skincare items since full sized items can be more expensive. I just redeemed 500 points for the Boscia masks kit and that seems worth it to me. Other than that I've been hoarding my points and crossing my fingers Sephora will do a big reward event like they did in August with 5K-10K perks.

ShinyMagpie

Both. I tend to hoard them but will used them if there is a perk I want. Recently they had Clairns Beauty Flash as a 100pt perk and I got a couple of those. There hasn't really been anything else for a while that appeals to me. I think I got a mini rollerball earlier in the year as well that was a 100pt perk. 

spoiledbrat

i save/hoard and then i will part with a few only if it knocks my socks off - am uncomfortable with <1000pts

NotCrocker

It's like you are me. I used to spend points but now it is a rare occurrence. I too picked up with nail polish perk and was happy about that, but the rest of them lately haven't been for me. I am up in the 3ks for points now, waiting to be inspired to spend them.

veronika23

yeah. Like there was a promo code for a KVD thing and that was way better than any point perk.  Bag, small lipstick, deluxe eye liner and sample of foundation.  Surprisingly the bag is super cute!  I'm up over 5K now.  Like I said I don't really spend them :smileywink:

Missie772

I used to save points and barely redeemed my points except for when there was a really awesome 500 point perk.

Then I started the Perk Points Thread and I think over the course of a few months, I spent over 2,500 points. 

And now I am saving it again. It scares me to be so low!!! 

veronika23

I can't wait for those links to be back up.  Maybe I'll get a thing or 2 :smileywink:

ChicDabbler

Haha, same here. I remember back in the days when 500pts seems to be a lot and most I can do. Now I feel uncomfortable with anything less than 1k.... =X

ChicDabbler

I used to spend but now I save. Sometimes I would get a 500pts perk and then right after another great one comes up. This doesn't happen often, but every year, there's at least one great value or events. I remember one year we exchanged 100pts for a full size moisturizer, and this year we had the 100pts for an fancy sephora event. Of course there's also the ginormous pts perk that only happened this year.

Either way, I don't need anything. I'm only using points on what I won't buy (cuz I use so little and so rarely. like primers or high end serums), or for something of super great value.

mberteig

I've used them here and there for 100 point items, but tend to save them.  Like the rest of you, there's not a lot of selections that are interesting to me.

aviscardi

when we were able to use the older perks, I wound up spending a lot of my points. but since that stopped My points are back up to 1200+  There's nothing i like, the perfume minis are a good idea but i don't like dabbers and i don't find them worth the 250 pts. i usually go for a bunch of 100pt perks but even those have been lame lately

qmgirl

I usually save my points until I find something I really want to try. Between August and now I spent over 1200 points on 100 point perks. lol Sometimes i get two of an item if I really like it, like the ud lipstick, marc jacobs highliner and recently the red nail polish (which i gave one as a gift to a friend. :smileyhappy: I don't really do the 500 point perks because there's usually one or two items in the lot that I really want. :smileysad:

veronika23

Oh wow!  Yeah the UD lipstick was a good one but I already had the full size version so I didn't get it. Yeah I guess if they are worth it to you getting a few of the same thing is a good idea =)

aviscardi

I thought the UD lipstick was WAY too small. My friend got that in her ipsy bag. I really wanted another of the MJ liner but that went so fast

ilovetopurplefy

I save my points until I see a perk that I really want and like. The last time I spent my points was the NARS 500 pt perk a few months ago. The time before that was the Tarte 500 pt perk with deluxe size bronzer, mascara, lash primer, powder and full size eyeliner. The time before that was the Tarte 500 pt that had the full size lipsurgence. I haven't seen anything lately that I like so I've been saving up.

veronika23

yeah same here.  Nothing really worth it.  The Bobbi Brown one was really nice but I don't wear brown eyeshadow so I passed.

brittany0859

I usually hoard them and only spend them on 100 point perks occasionally. I usually spend 100 points on primers because I only use them for special occasions or when I need my makeup to last extra long so I don't need a full size. I've never got a 500 point perk before because I feel like none of them are worth 500 points!

SydBristow

I like getting lots of little 100 point perks, when I look at the 500 point perks sometimes I don't need/won't use everything in the set, so for me it's more fun to get a number of single items I'm interested in.

I did, however, get a Tarte Amazonian Treasures collection for 500 points, the exposed blush alone was almost worth it (I use it every day and I can still see the Tarte imprint, it doesn't take much so it will last forever!)  I also got the maracuja oil, cream eye shadow in gold, and a few other things, that kit was so worth 500.   :smileyhappy:

veronika23

Oh I don't remember that kit???  Was it long ago?

jellybean917

[ Edited ]

I spent them a lot on 100 pt perks when the point perk list was working, but I mainly now want to hoard for any amazing perks in the future!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • kirstensf
    • hydee77
    • anaa
    • spoiledbrat
    • aviscardi