LuckyWinter

Do you own a Naked Basic?

Hello there, I am looking for Naked Basic palette owners! Well Well! I've been owning a Naked basic palette for a couple of weeks now, and I had the strange idea to smell it. BAD IDEA! The palette smells like cat pee ! Hahaha its so funny, it seriously smells like cat pee :smileytongue: Anyone agree? If not what do you think it smells like? because OBVIOUSLY it does not smell like roses! :smileyhappy:

upload_1702670180337005574.jpg

itsjaimiehere

Re: Do you own a Naked Basic?

(0) Hearts

That awkward moment when your husband walks in and finds you smelling your eyeshadow palette :/ lol! Whoops :smileyhappy:

Mine has a very faint smell to it, but it is definitely there! I never noticed it while using it though, so I'll hang onto mine.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Good lord it stinks! I just got my UD Naked Basics today and when I open it.....yeah, cat pee. Ugh. I called their customer service and they said that yes they know about it. It may have something to do with the glue or formula but there's nothing wrong with the eyeshadow.

Anyways, I just swatched it and decided I only like 3 of the shadows and really want 2 of them, but with this smell? not worth the $27, it is going back, period.

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

Ahh So I am not the only one? Maybe if I leave it open for a while the smell would go away? The funny thing is that it smells when its closed! O_O

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Now that's weird! Mine doesn't smell when it's closed, just open. But maybe I'm just too conguested to notice (Did I spell that right? Lol i don't even know I'm so out of it)

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Ewww I just smelled mine and it does smell!

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I own one, but it doesn't smell...

arielaaaaaaaa

My palette smells like that, but i don't find it to be a huge deal. And if you really feel bad about returning things have you tried joining a Traveling Sephora Box, You can put them in there and get stuff you actually want. I'm putting mine palette in one cause i don't like the colors. 

lolo01

(0) Hearts

Ran to smell mine after reading this post lol...Nope thankfully mine doesnt smell :smileywink:

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

That is strange!  I've not noticed any type of smell to my palette, and I used it this morning.  I'm with the others.  Return it asap.  There's no need to feel bad or anything.  It's not your fault.  It sounds like a bad palette got through to the store.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

That's so strange! Mine smells fine, wonder what happened to it.

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

Yeah, i've never returned something, and I'm really far from any stores anyway, and I would feel extremely bad to return something also :smileysad:

mafan

(0) Hearts

Sephora has an excellent return policy. You can return it by mail if necessary. Or at a Sephora in JCP store. Don't keep something that expensive simply because you would feel bad about making a return. They want you to be a happy customer. 

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

I totally agree that they want happy customers, but yeah I am 3 hours away from sephora, Im canadian and there is only one sephora in my "state". But yeah, Right now I have 4 things in mind to return but I feel extremely bad about it, I feel like its such a waste, like this planet is already taking so much and that I should totally not return things >.< ! I will forever feel bad about it if I return those things :/

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

If you feel bad, you can do what I do. Instead of "RETURNING" it, I often exchange it, meaning I go in and say what I'm returning is $30, I'll get something else that totals at least $30. It sounds weird but then I at least feel like I'm still getting them money. While yes, I did essentially use what I'm returning, instead of getting the money back, I then use it toward giving them another sale. I don't know, I'm weird! In truth it's nice because it feels like you're almost spending a gift card. It's money you already spent so you don't have to feel bad about using it toward something else. I actually in those moments buy things that I wouldn't have bought straight out just because of price (even though it's still no different, it just feels different because again its money I already spent vs. putting up additional money).

mafan

(0) Hearts

So instead they'll sit with you taking up space and wasting your money?  I can see not making the 3hr trip for one item, but if you have 4 things you'll never use, return them.  I don't know Sephora's return policy, but a lot of places handle things centrally and recycle things.

Obviously it would be best to only buy things you know will work and love, use them up, and recycle or reuse the containers.  But sometimes it just doesn't work out.  This sounds like something that if you're going to be near a store should go back and so you have a decent product.

AmiraHall

(0) Hearts

I just smelled mine...it smells kinda like that...but I wonder if its the palette and not actually the makeup...hmmm Ive had mine for several months not sure if i can return mine

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

It actually smell so overwhelming, like a bad perfume! I can have it at about half a meter away from my face (about 20 inch) and i can smell it. :smileysad:

anaa

(0) Hearts

Hi, I've had one for a while now.  No odor at all from mine.  I would return it, shouldn't smell bad at all.

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I will for sure return it... I wonder why mine smells like cat pee :smileysad: I ordered it online from sephora, I know this might sounds odds but, could it be a fake? 

garnett

(0) Hearts

I doubt it's a fake.  There could actually be an issue with the case or the glues that hold it together.  The great thing about Sephora is you can always return or exchange anything that you are not happy with.  Good luck!  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • anaa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan