IttyxBittyxMe

Do you keep your product boxes?

Does anyone else keep some of their product boxes? 

I know sometimes if I'm a bit iffy on the product or it comes in a set I'll keep the box just incase I feel the need to return it.

That and if the box is really pretty I want to decorate my vanity with it when I get my own room. 

fhgarman

Re: Do you keep your product boxes?

(0) Hearts

I started saving my product boxes for the past few months. The amount of them is sort of alarming! I had to return something this past summer without the packaging or the receipt and it was kind of a hassle (I wasn't super happy about having my driver's licensed recorded). So I've been saving all the packaging as well as all my Sephora receipts in an envelope. I'm also really hoping to find an beauty organizing/tracking app that will allow me to scan product barcodes and import the info automatically. If I can find that, then I'll start recycling the boxes of everything I know I'm going to keep for sure.

orkira

(0) Hearts

I keep my boxes in a bag in my bedroom closet until I know the product is going to work with my crazy sensitive skin & picky eyes then the box goes into recycling or trash.  :smileyhappy:

hipquest

(0) Hearts

I keep some of the nice, heavy duty ones for wrapping gifts throughout the year. I also use most GWP bags I get as "wrapping" throughout the year-add a ribbon and a card, very cute.

If it hasn't been used by Christmas it goes into recycling or, if really nice, to the women's shelter filled with samples. Most are put into my recycling bin as soon as I open the product-I rarely buy a product without sampling 1st.

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I don't keep them.  I don't keep boxes for anything. As soon as I open something the box goes into the recycle bin. I'm a pretty avid declutter and just do not want boxes hanging around. I have never needed the boxes - stores will take returns w/o the box. I have a few days before the trash goes down is some box emergency arises and I have to have it (which has never happened).

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I always take the products out of the boxes and use them as normal, but I've been keeping boxes in a drawer next to my makeup collection lately, and I really don't know why. They're just pretty to look at, and make me happy!

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Yikes am I the only one who doesn't? I am obsessed with my makeup organization and like things to have their place. I find most packages are too bulky and I just love opening up new makeup and putting it in their new home.

With that said, I have kept certain packaging. I currently have the box my Sephora Favorites Lash Stash came in, because it's pink and I think it would be great to use as storage. I also have a box of a new foundation set I bought, because I wanted to make sure it worked and that I didn't need to return it. Other than that, I love the way packaging looks, but I just can't hang on to them for long without feeling like my makeup organization is cluttered

mommyto4

Nope!  I throw the boxes out as soon as I am done unwrapping the item :smileyhappy:

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Absolutely. I keep it until I'm sure I like it or longer. Every once in a while i go through the Box Pile and toss the ones I know I like. I have a big pile of product boxes on the table where I do my make-up. (I should probably move them. They take up too much room.)

MissB417

(0) Hearts

I keep all of my packaging, 30 days in my home and then I move it to my storage unit-which is huge :-)

I still have the box from my Playstation ONE. lol

marydiva

If it's a repeat of a product I already have, I toss the box because I know I love it! After the first use of a product, I toss the box, because I belive it's wrong to return used products (UNLESS there's an allergic reaction or the product was malfunctional.) 

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

It depends. There are some products I prefer to store away from light so I will return them to their box. I return my foundation to it's box. I will also store something in it's box if it's in a round container  that I may need to stack such as round containers & compacts of powder or concealer or color corrector compacts. If it's some thing I've never used before I will keep the box until I'm sure I like the product & don't need to return. I will also keep the large boxes from a set to store items in. I do have one Anastasia palette that I keep in the box as the color names are nowhere on the palette itself.  Otherwise, I recycle the paperboard from the majority of beauty items.

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

If I buy something that I'm not sure I like yet, I keep the packaging until I know whether or not I want to keep the product. Occasionally I'll end up with something that comes in a collectible tin or container, and I keep those for storing small things like jewelry.

KayyLynn

(0) Hearts

I used to keep every single box but now I keep them for a length of time and then clear them out after I am sure I like and plan to keep the product. For some reason I save all my MAC boxes though?? Not really sure why though. I like to keep the boxes also because I sometimes sell things online and like to send it in the box if possible.

shyvicki

I keep the box unless I know for sure I like the product and won't return it. In the past I wouldn't and by the time I realized I didn't like the product, I was stuck with it due to no box.

reflectsgold

(0) Hearts

same here!!

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I keep the item in its box, until it's needed. If I'm not sure, the box stays put, for returning purposes. Currently, I do have some boxes for products I use, sometimes the information is needed :smileywink:  For example, months ago when I got a Korres set, the big box it came in went straight into recycling..but the Sephora sunkit's bag I saved and am using to store samples in, since it's see-though..while it's plastic holder for products went bye bye.

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

The only way I keep them is if I'm afraid I may need to return it.  I recently purchased the Dr. Brandt Glow set & I've been holding onto the box just to make sure I didn't have any issues with the retinol.

Nicrohr

I keep them until I know I like something - i just have a big shopping bag they go into in the closet, in case I need to return.

Other than that, sometimes I keep a really nice gift box to keep misc items in.

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I don't. When I get a new product, I'm so excited that I rip the box off and find a new place for it. I really should start keeping them though! I just turn into a little kid at Christmas when my Sephora box arrives lol :smileyhappy:

txmommyofboys

(0) Hearts

I always keep it until I know that I like, but to date I have only ever returned one product, lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • shyvicki
    • reflectsgold
    • marydiva
    • ChicDabbler
    • solveig
    • hipquest