LCResz

Do you ever hold out on ordering something if you don't like the free samples?

I really want to order some things based on the awesome recommendations I received here, but I don't like any of the free samples! I think I'll wait until the samples change... does that make me too picky?

anaa

Re: Do you ever hold out on ordering something if you don't like the free samples?

(0) Hearts

I wait until I like the samples all the time.  I also will make multiple orders for additional samples if it's something I think I want to have enough of to try out for a few days before I buy full size.

Nicrohr

Re: Do you ever hold out on ordering something if you don't like the free samples?

(0) Hearts

Haha I do this all the time.   I've been doing it this month for sure because I realllllly don't like foundation samples.

Candy357

No, never. Because I want the product faster lol

girlguidejones

Yes, all the time.  Especially right now when they have 12 samples but 11 of them are foundations. LOL. Really Sephora?  I mean, I know it's "free" so I can't really complain.  But still, it would be nice if you can at least make sure there's always a variety available.  A skin care, a fragrance, a foundation, an eye shade, a lip product, etc?

So, yes.  I've got a $150 order in my cart waiting for better samples to pop up.  :smileyvery-happy:

kalex

Well, I did it.  I placed an order just because I wanted to try the Omorovicza sample.  They don't carry super high-end brands at my store so I can't just sample it there.  I almost hope I don't like it!

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I did the same thing! I had some things sitting in my cart forever since I heard about the Rouge launch in August so I thought I could wait, but when that sample popped up I had to get it! I will definitely submit an awaiting order when interesting samples come along. For better or worse there's always something sitting in my cart :smileytongue:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

wow, yeah I just placed an order yesterday because one of my items was sale and I didnt want it to run out but i was less than impressed with the samples.  I wish I had held out so that I could have gotten to sample the Marc Jacobs Honey sample :smileysad:

kd006

[ Edited ]

I got the honey sample, don't be disappointed you didn't get it. I only got a paper sample! Not even one of the sprays (which is what I wanted.) BUT it smells amazing.

kalex

If you still haven't sampled Honey I'd be happy to send you my samples!  I have two and I sprayed one once but didn't like it.  If you're comfortable with sending me your address they're yours if you want them!

jellybean917

Maybe I should have held out on ordering... I just saw they have Marc Jacobs Honey samples :smileysad:

kalex

(0) Hearts

Just noticed your post too!  Since I have two samples you could each have one...  PM me if you want one!

mafan

(0) Hearts

Thanks for mentioning it.  I was wanting to smell this but resisting the temptation to stop in the store to get a sample.  I also managed to catch some of the mini Sephora nail polishes in stock (on sale again).  So I ordered 3, got the Amore Pacific 100pt perk, used a code that doesn't have a minimum purchase (Framed, and I got the mini Kat von D lipstick), and added Honey and two other samples to my order.

Since I got Flash shipping this cost all of $3.19 with tax, which is less than the gas to get to the store.  And I used part of a $10 gift card I got from points from my cable company giving away gift cards last month.

And I can take the mini polish on vacation without too much weight/space and not worry if I end up leaving it behind. :smileyhappy:

So yes, sometimes I do order when I see samples I like and have things on my wishlist.

Spyski

That literally just happened to me as well :smileysad:

I think they know on purpose that when we're about to buy something. Some new samples show up after we hit the submit button. lol

LCResz

I was just going to post about that! I know how curious others have been about this perfume and I'm glad I held out on ordering anything because I got this neat little sample :smileyhappy: I love trying new things but I an extra happy when I get to try them for free (not really though insincere I just spent $50 , lol)

roxystar4

yes! lol

kissXmakeup

I totally do! I have enough makeup so anything that I am planning on buying is most likely a splurge. Might as well make it worth it and get free stuff while youre at it! haha (:

starletta8

No way... I look out for codes more than the free samples. I regift most of my samples to my mother.

serioustree

Haha I do! The only reason why I order online is because of the free stuff. Lol. Sometimes immore excited about the samples than I am

of the thing I'm buying. Hehe 

krunce

I don't take the 3 free samples that seriously... sometimes, there's a product in there I'm genuinely curious about, but I find that once I've locked down a perfume and a face wash I like, I'm not straying until something disastrous happens. I mostly save the 3 free samples for my little sister and little sister in law, who are sample hoarders.

really go for the deluxe samples :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:. So I will wait to order something until there's a VIB or BI offer code with a deluxe sample that I really like, or until I can redeem my points for something that would be really cool. And I often fall in love with that product, lol. Lately... my kick has been deluxe sample lipsticks, since I'll never finish a full lipstick anyways!

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Not really. Mainly because usually there are at least 2 of 3 samples I want to try. I haven't come across a time when making a order where I wasn't interested in any single one. But if there isn't all 3 I'm interested in I'll still make my order and just save those samples for the future or my mom :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 52 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • anaa
    • sephoralovex
    • dianabt
    • melissabt