LCResz

Do you ever hold out on ordering something if you don't like the free samples?

I really want to order some things based on the awesome recommendations I received here, but I don't like any of the free samples! I think I'll wait until the samples change... does that make me too picky?

gigisd

Re: Do you ever hold out on ordering something if you don't like the free samples?

NOT AT ALL!  That makes you discriminating!  Unless I need something in an emergency, I look at the special VIB offers and samples before ordering.  When I order great samples, I often find myself falling in love with a new product.

veevali

Re: Do you ever hold out on ordering something if you don't like the free samples?

(0) Hearts

I wait sometime if what I'm buying isn't something I need right away (which includes most of my sephora purchases). Might as well. Also now that there are new point perks at the beg of the month, I also like to wait for those if its already the end of the month :smileyhappy: 

dianabt

I don't think I've ever done an order for the samples because I never end up using the samples anyway unless its something I REALLY want to try! :smileyhappy: I like when companies give samples though when they don't have to! I actually got a big sample of Woolite laundry soap and was super excited. LOL its amazing for hand washing clothing you guys... haha 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
nomnomloot

(0) Hearts

That's what I'm doing right now haha I kinda like VIBSPREE but nothing else (point perks, the 3 small samples) so it helps me wait longer and think more :smileyhappy:

On the other hand I went crazy when all the wonderful promo code appeared a couple weeks ago

chesea

Totally!!  I ALWAYS do this. I just leave the stuff I want in my shopping cart and wait for good samples. Also, if the samples are better on the actual companies website I won't purchase at Sephora........ don't tell.

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

Usually I will wait until there are samples I like.  Lately this hasnt been an issue because the sample selection has been pretty godd.  It has definetely improved sice December.

melissabt

I usually don't! I sometimes hold out for perks though:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
CzaCee

ABSOLUTELY. ALL THE TIME. lol.

I'm a sucker for good samples and promo codes. lol. :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I do that all the time there have been times where I just have to not look for a while because I hate seeing the same ones over and over.(GEESH). It certainly doesn't make you too picky and your certainly not alone on this one.:smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

I unfortunately don't have any self control when the buying urge hits me, so if I don't like the samples (which happens more often than not) I just don't add them to my cart. I am able to generally resist ordering even if I like the samples but I have to step away from the computer for awhile and think about it. 

crayzeeRN

Haha, yes. All the time. This helps me control my spending habits a bit, so I don't object :smileyvery-happy:

kalex

I do that too.  On the flip-side, sometimes I'll see a sample I really want to try and then I have to tell myself it's stupid to find something to buy just because I want a certain sample.

clarks18

There is a list of codes floating around on here for different samples.  A lot of them are for deluxe samples and little sets.  It's updated pretty often.  No it's not just you!  I love great samples even though I have way to many sitting around.

mafan

I've been known to do that, if I don't need something urgently and I'm not worried about what I'm ordering going out of stock.  It seems at times like the samples are all for men or totally don't interest me.

On the other hand, I have found later that things that didn't interest me before do interest me now.

I'll often wait until a Friday, too, to see what the Facebook Fan Friday code is so that I can choose the best code available. :smileyhappy:

janinebt

Haha I'm quite the opposite! I have wayyy too many samples. I'll pretty much only add a sample if it's something I like (they work well for traveling) or if it's something I've been longing to try.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 52 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • anaa
    • sephoralovex