chupi

Do you buy direct from companies websites?

I was wondering if anyone else here does this?

Tarte is constantly having 30% off and Stila has it's warehouse sales. Many offer free gifts on your birthday month, F&F, point rewards and free samples.

I was surprised when Sephora added The Body Shop (even though it was brief) because they are always having 50% or BOGO online and in stores. I saw women picking up Body Shop products at Sephora stores and wanted to shake them and tell them to go across the street!

Are there are any other product lines that have great deals on their websites?

butterblume

Re: Do you buy direct from companies websites?

Pssst. Bare Minerals Degrees of Dazzling is $49 on their site atm. $79 here.

poohblueberry

@butterblume - shhhhhhh. You don't want anyone from Sephora to hear you! :smileyvery-happy:

bad823

(0) Hearts

I buy from MAC, can't beat the fast, free shipping.

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

I *try* to buy direct whenever I can.  If the item is the same price at the brand's website as a retailer, I always figure that more money goes to the brand if I cut out the middle man.  

That said, I usually end up going with Sephora anyway because of a good promo.  Hopefully the companies will forgive me.

mebeval

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I buy directly from product lines and from department stores too. I primarily order from Bliss, Lancome, Armani, and Kerastase brands and from Saks Fifth Avenue and SpaceNK stores when they have their massive beauty / GWP events. "thewanderlust" mentioned one of my favorite beauty promo sites Definitely check it out!

mafan

(0) Hearts

I definitely buy from brands; I will sometimes decide to get something extra when the extra comes close to the price of shipping.  Tarte's recent sale was 30% off, even on sale items. It gave me a chance to try some things that I wanted to try at a great price -- and the 3 brushes I got (one with each of my 3 things) might well have cost the same price alone elsewhere.  And they added a deluxe sample.

Lorac is great to order from because they have free shipping, at least this year.  So you can get a $6 sale shadow and pay no shipping if that's all you need.

Clinique or Lancome or Estee Lauder I try to wait until GWP somewhere, whether it's directly from the brand or from a store counter. If I'm going to replace something I need it's great to try new things for free and the travel sizes are wonderful to have around.

chupi

(0) Hearts

Love the Lancome GWPs. Sometimes I think it's too much stuff! I end up giving half of it away.

chupi

(0) Hearts

I never buy anything online that doesn't have free shipping. I always do a Google search for "(insert brand) free shipping code" or "(insert brand) discount code".

thewanderlust

On the other hand, is anyone else a teeny bit OCD about accumulating points at Sephora when a bigger deal isn't elsewhere? I asked a cast member if they had the 1.7oz tube size for the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel in store, and they said no, so I bought it at the Clinique counter in Macy's. I then saw it later at Sephora's checkout line and I was like no, my points! Haha. At least it was only 14 points. Kekeke

bfuller

(0) Hearts

I'm right there with you!  Definitely thinking about the points accumulation if I know Sephora has (or will be getting) the product.

chupi

(0) Hearts

But Clinique's Bonus Time > one 100 point perk! Especially when you only have to spend $35 (in Sephora terms: 35 points, 1/3 of one deluxe sample) to get what is the equivalent of a 500 point perk.

thewanderlust

[ Edited ]

Yes! I always do my browsing at Sephora and then I check GWP Addict in case there are better deals, like sales or GWPs at brand websites and department stores. It's so worth checking because you often either end up with a nice discount or extra goodies!

Tarte.com is one of my favorites because they have sales fairly often. I believe Black Friday was 25% off, then early-mid December was F&F 30% off, and they have another F&F in spring (?) I believe. They also have 10% off on random days like Veterans Day. Tarte is one of my favorite brands and I NEVER buy their products for full price. :smileyhappy:

I remember Sigma Beauty had a fantastic Black Friday discount (40%? 30% off?). Which is awesome cuz their brushes are fantastic but pricey. Hehe!

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I do! I love it when they have great sales and great GWP. However, since I became Rouge, I find myself a tiny bit more at Sephora because while I love all of the deals, the shipping gets to me. Sometimes I do not have enough that I want/need to get free shipping... so Sephora gets my money with free shipping!

mychoi

Yes I buy directly but only when they have sales and reasonable free shipping cutoffs :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

I shop at UD's website because they have very nice GWP, especially when they are launching a new product. They had a cute 3 piece set that was free with a purchase of Revolution lipstick when it first came out.

Plus, I always get the new NAKED palettes from them, I can't wait until they show up in stores!

SirenPrincess

I do buy from companies directly sometimes.  I pay careful attention to shipping charges and return policies.  Those two things usually convince me to buy from Nordstrom's or Sephora.  But sometimes the manufacturers can have really good sales or GWPs. 

I buy from Bobbi Brown's website for some completely awesome GWPs sometimes, but only when they're offering free shipping.  But I scored a free full size mascara and a free full sized lip gloss in addition to countless deluxe sample sizes of things.  I'm careful what I order from there, though, because they do not offer free returns.

I've bought from Smashbox for cool GWPs before too, but again no free shipping or free returns.

And I did buy my Naked 3 from UD because I am impatient.

spacesuit

I buy stuff directly from brand websites all the time, a lot of them have excellent sale sections that seem to never get depleted unless there's a sitewide sale that includes the sale section. Pretty great!

SydBristow

Definitely! Urban Decay, Stila, Tarte, Lorac. 

dolceloure

Nope, not really...though I'd say the only exception for me is Clinique. I like some of their skincare line, so I always wait til Clinique Bonus time and go directly to one of their counter in a dept store so I can get their awesome free gifts. Oh, and Ole Henriksen -- but just this one time...they recently had that AMAZING pouch full of free products (like $100-worth) so I bought that Ole La La set from their website instead of here. But apart from those random  "OMG LOOK AT ALL THESE FREE GOODIES" moments, I tend to get everything from Sephora or Ulta, lol.

nekoally

(0) Hearts

I don't usually buy directly from companies since shipping to Canada can be a hassle with all the shipping and duties it's really a gamble sometimes. Plus a lot of times companies only ship to US (sadly)

But I do order from Bareminerals from time to time during their beauty rush sales, plus they also have sets not available to sephora. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • chupi
    • anaa
    • mebeval
    • lilyyy
    • bisoubisou