chupi

Do you buy direct from companies websites?

I was wondering if anyone else here does this?

Tarte is constantly having 30% off and Stila has it's warehouse sales. Many offer free gifts on your birthday month, F&F, point rewards and free samples.

I was surprised when Sephora added The Body Shop (even though it was brief) because they are always having 50% or BOGO online and in stores. I saw women picking up Body Shop products at Sephora stores and wanted to shake them and tell them to go across the street!

Are there are any other product lines that have great deals on their websites?

bisoubisou

Re: Do you buy direct from companies websites?

I regularly shop directly at Urban Decay because I love them! They were the first mid/higher end makeup brand I purchased and they always have great deals on their website. I also occasionally buy directly from Tarte, Too Faced L'Occitane and Lancome.

calamityjane85

I do !! I hate waiting for sephora sales so I shop all around. Tarte Stila ysl too faced it cosmetics nume  and a lot more .... 

ShinyMagpie

Absolutely!

I magically scored the Tarte Aqualillies Palette during their recent 30% off sale as well as a great deal on the skinny eyeliners at 30% off. 

UD always has great deals in their sale section. I recently scored some great lip liners and a few eye liners at 50% off.

It's a juggling act sometimes. I'll look at what the sale price is, what the ebates percentage is for that site and if there is a shipping charge and make the comparison to Sephora. I have Flash on top of being Rouge so no shipping here and right now Sephora is 8% on ebates. However right now skinstore dot com is 12% so if I was looking for shared brands I would probably go there right now. Complicated but worth the savings for sure. :smileyhappy:

anaa

I buy direct from Perricone, UD, Too Faced and Algenist.  I have bought from Shu Uemura, Estee Lauder and Lancôme as well.  When they run a deal or offer free shipping, it's pretty logical to take advantage.  Perricone's customer service is outstanding.

roxystar4

I do buy direct, but some companies are kind of grumpy/not helpful. I prefer Sephora (generous return policy) some companies won't let you return if it was a sale item… yeah not cool.

TrysBeautyItems

Recently, ordered from Bumble and Bumble direct. They have sets, for the price of one, Sephora doesn't, with code offered free 2-day ship plus a handful of samples..and of course ebates too :smileywink:

chupi

Oh my got! I love ordering off Bumble & Bumble! That's why I got really upset at seeing the B&B 500 point perk because those were all freebies I get just for buying one mousse or one paste!

With their Xmas promo, I got two 2 oz. shampoos, one 2 oz. conditioner, 2 oz. styling lotion, 1 oz. thickening spray, .5 oz straight blow dry, two sets of shampoo/conditioner foil packs and a mini sample of their invisible oil. With free shipping!

lylysa

I recently brought direct from Anthony Logistics when it was Cyber Monday, they had 30% off their website and free shipping after $50.

I chose to hit them up for my holiday gifts for guy pals because the kits for guys was surprising slim this time around at Sephora (I did get two Jack Black sets and some of the Art of Shaving kits at Ulta for $10 on their CM because I missed out on the Sephora Black Friday deal on them).

I got about $75 worth of product (four mini sets, 4 lip balms, and a full sized face wash for right around $50. AL also goes a point for purchase tally, but they gave credit for what your transaction would be prior to the discount so I got the 70 something points and an additional 25 for signing up on their site.

It's very rare that I order from a brand direct, since I get free shipping for being a Rouge and there's not just samples but also promo codes, I tend to order via Sephora more. I weened off from Ulta, due to shipping and overall the items I could get there I could get here. The order of the AoS kits came in and none of the samples selected were included. My sales slip even states I had selected the skin care sampler set but nothing but my kits arrived. Nothing to get my feathers ruffled for, but I thought it was pretty funny as the one time I order from them online this year they happen to leave out things. Sephora at least substitutes.

jammiex33

Urban Decay constantly has sales on their website. the "sale" section is really awesome (:

i always shop from there

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

Agreed! UD has some great sales. 

There are some bargain lip pencils right now and they make awesome glitter eyeliner that is on sale for half off. 

lilyyy

Boscia gave me a $120 gift set with a $50 purchase!

chupi

(0) Hearts

!!!

lilyyy

I know, right? I bought two super-charge moisturizers and the rest of the Boscia items were free!

image.jpg

princesskat17

(0) Hearts

Woah! This is amazing. I wish I had known about it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • chupi
    • anaa
    • mebeval
    • lilyyy
    • bisoubisou