pinkonyx

Do customers have responsibilities too?

Hello BEAUTYTALK i was thinking today, we always post on here our expectations of company's, but do you believe there is certain responsibilities for customers towards company's / sales associates? Do you think there isn't any and that customer is king? I was at a certain beauty store and noticed a customer brushing her hair with a brush then putting it back just to grab the one behind it!? So is there a code of conduct for customers as well?

evno

Re: Do customers have responsibilities too?

[ Edited ]

(Reading all of these horror stories is strangely addicting. :smileytongue: ) Here's a pet peeve of mine while working retail: I'm folding clothing piles on tables, but a customer comes along and topples the pile over. Or pulls a shirt out from the middle of the pile. Repeat. I'm standing right next to him/her, and I ask, "Can I help you find anything?" which means, "I can get your size for you without messing up the pile." Unfortunately, most people just ignore me and continue, canceling out hours of me standing and folding those piles. Then, half of those people don't end up trying or buying the stuff they pulled. 

Even though it seems so little and stupid, I think it's obnoxious! One of my major jobs is to keep those tables looking neat and organized so people will want to and be able to find a nice shirt. The whole table is not your oyster, customer, other people need to find stuff, too. 

It's really a give-and-take relationship between the shop and shopper. The shop needs to be at service for the shopper, but the shopper needs to recognize that it is service, not servitude. 

Another funny story. I was neatening up a very high rack of sweaters, and a customer asks me to get down a sweater in size large because she couldn't reach. I get it down.

Me: Here you go! (Cheery is my name.)

She: Is this small?

Me: No, it's large. (I'm smiling.)

She: Medium?

Me: It's large. (Maybe she didn't hear me?)

She: Large?

Me: Yes, it's large. (I show her the tag.)

She: Large?

Me: Yes, it's la--

She: (snatches the sweater and marches away)

Me: ..... ?????

shoppiturt

I have to confess to sometimes messing up the pile! T^ T I do try to restack the clothes because my size is usually on the bottom, or refold something, but sometimes it just doesn't happen >O< Sorry!

evno

(0) Hearts

Awww, don't worry about it! I'm just pointing out people that aren't as nice as you about it <3

melde