Esdee

Do You Fit Sleep Into Your Beauty Regimen?

Feel free to thwap me if this has been discussed a million times before, but I didn't see it pop up in the search.  ^_^  I know sleep is a very important component of our physical health, so I was just wondering how many of you make it a point to sleep on a particular schedule or get x-number of hours a night, specifically for the sake of your appearance.

Me, I try to get at least 7 hours a day, though often times, thanks to a wonky work schedule, it winds up being broken up into 2-3 hour catnaps throughout a 24-hour time period.  I don't really notice a difference in my appearance, since I naturally have dark rings under my eyes, but I *do* notice that I'm less likely to go through my full routine if I haven't gotten enough beauty rest to keep me from getting cranky and frustrated easily!

miabt

Re: Do You Fit Sleep Into Your Beauty Regimen?

(0) Hearts

Sigh, if I dont have a decent nights sleep, my body takes it out on me for sure!  I've done long weekend trips to Disneyland with my girls where I sleep literally 6 hours in a 72 hour period and my FACE pays the price.  Afterwards, I spend the next 2-3 weeks getting my skin back on track.  Beauty sleep is serious business ladies!!

xo, Mia

prosopon

(0) Hearts

My sleep is fairly regular (in bed around 10 and up at 5:30) so I get in about 7 and a half hours. But I am with you Esdee, I don't notice a difference in my appearance when my sleep pattern or number of hours changes. Now drinking water, on the other hand, makes a big difference for me.  I feel better and my skin is more hydrated and clearer when I consistently drink a lot of water.

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

With a nearly one year old, I'm usually to bed by midnight and up at 7 am.  Ashley then takes her first nap about 9 am, so there's my nap during the day if I've got chores done for about two hours.  Normally I only get about 6-7 hours of sleep at night though.

kmoliver15

(0) Hearts

I should probably make it more of a priority to get more sleep at night - however college and all of the work that comes with it usually keeps that from happening :/

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Yes, I have to- but for medical reasons. Most weekends I sleep at least 12 hours both nights.  I always start Monday looking great- probably due to the sleep.

I'd get more during the week, but I get up at 4:30AM. I can't get to bed before 11 or so- I can't break my natural rhythms, no matter how hard I've tried.

clarks18

(0) Hearts

My undereye circles look less baggy ha when I get at least 7-8 hours of sleep.  I think sleep should be an important part of any beauty routine.  It does make an impact on your looks, your attitude and your mind.  I am a straight up BLEEP if I don't get enough sleep too.  Just plain cranky and not fun to be around.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I absolutely make sure I get the sleep I need for my appearance. I'm in front  of alot of people everyday and I make sure my appearance is exactly what is expected of me.

malday

I need 8 or I'll just feel exhausted throughout the day and my eyes will look droopy and weird. It's kind of a bummer being 23 and having to go to bed at 10 pm just to avoid being a cranky mess!

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

Your 30-year-old self will thank you. I used to fall asleep on the couch waiting for my husband to get home from work. Which would mean that I'd still be asleep when he got home (defeating the purpose of "staying up") and would have gotten poor rest being in front of the tv w/ the lights on. I do feel like an old person going to bed early (much better than 2 or 3), but I need my sleep!

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

I have dark circles (hereditary/ allergies) too...I see an improvement at times depending on sleep/ not eating salty foods/ doing yoga.

I'm much better about getting sleep than I used to be. I wake up at 6:50 and I'm usually in bed by 10 most weeknights (sometimes 9 or 9:30 depending). Definitely feels a lot better, really important to your health.

I definitely factor in exercise, supplements and food, and good skincare. I've also recently started skin brushing (dry brushing) and oil pulling and really like the benefits from these practices. I also get acupuncture once a week and massages every so often. Good thread!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I love sleeping, and when i don't get enough I am cranky. I try to get 8hrs+. I usually go to bed anywhere between 10pm-12am and even on late nights when i get 7 - 7.5hrs i am still cranky lol. I notice if i go to bed consistently by 10:30-11 i wake up easier in the morning. last friday i woke up around 6am to use the bathroom and went back to bed for 30mins and i was able to get up and leave the house earlier. That never happens ahhaha

But beauty wise i do notice my under eyes get darker if i don't sleep enough. and it can be something as simple as going out to dinner and not getting back til 9-10pm . i still get the proper sleep but because i didn't get to unwind, i drag the next day

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

Sleep. Right. Count me out. lol I've been an insomniac since I was 5 years old.

Now I usually get 4-5 hours a night. 6 is a luxury at this point. Anything beyond that requires drugging myself. And I rarely sleep deeply enough to dream.

Naps don't really happen either.

So I guess sleep is 1 more thing I don't do for the sake of my appearance. lol :smileytongue:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I try to get at least 7 or more hours of sleep a night, at the bare minimum 6.

I have to work early in the morning so I know staying up will do me no favors! When I go home, I like to unplug and unwind, so I try not to just stay glued to my computer (although on weekends I will totally splurge on BT til the early AM hours!).

JenBlush

Well in the summer I didn't have to really wake up early, so i slept in, but when i sleep, i SLEEP! a minimum of 10 hours! lol I love sleeping! its one of my hobbies! haha (besides makeup) lol

lylysa

Just call me a professional napper!

JenBlush

If only we could get paid for it!! <3 ahh, i would be a millionare! (obviously depending on the pay rate/salary!) ol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • prosopon
    • malday
    • waterbaby1981
    • aviscardi
    • lylysa