Did you decorate your Beauty Insider Makeup Bag? Care to share?

Picked up some fabric pens and added a little summer fun to my makeup bag! Can't wait to take it to the beach!

067.JPG

Re: Did you decorate your Beauty Insider Makeup Bag? Care to share?

(0) Hearts

Very nice ladies! So creative!

Whimsically yours,
Janine

(0) Hearts

@beautytester -- i love what you've done with those sample jars!  What a creative and fun idea!  How long does the polish last, does it ever chip off?  Did you use base and top coat?  LOL

(0) Hearts

Well, the earliest I did were from... ~2yrs ago. I don't use base coat. I only used top coat if it's bumpy/glittery. It doesn't chip unless you glop/pile on the polish. The blue ying/yang one came off in one big piece cuz the mint color is sheer and I couldn't get the curve right, so I painted 3-5 layers, and it chipped after...prob half year. 

Lastly, you know how the writing on the jar top can rub off? you can write with a thin pen, then apply a layer of clear polish/top coat over it. This way it won't rub off when you have greasy/wet hand or something.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love both of these ideas! The bag is adorable (although I rather like the black and white, too. Have to think about this idea when I'm in ACMoore today. And the decorated sample containers are a brilliant idea! I've got a bunch around and two have similar enough looking contents that I had to put the sample I opened last night into a baggie so that I didn't confuse them. I could even decorate some of my atomizers to be able to tell them apart. Much more fun than little labels on the bottom of things!

(0) Hearts

Love these ideas! I grabbed the summer set at 250 pts also. At first, it looked like 500 pts were taken off, but I loved the set so much I didn't even care. I got my points back though ... just in time for finding BT and the active promo codes list! Smiley Happy

I'm loving all of the great ideas that are posted here! I can't believe I didn't find this earlier. Everyone is so nice, creative...not to mention just as or more obsessed with beauty than me! <3

(0) Hearts

You guys are so creative! @LCResz, I would have never thought to do that! Such fun colors for summertime.

@beautytester - That's adorable (and genius)! It's so easy to get all those little sample jars confused when you have similar products, and I hate to have to keep them in the little bags.

(0) Hearts

@LCResz,

I just LOVE what you did with your bag! Now I wish that I had cashed in some of my points for the the summer set for 250 instead of 500 points.

Great job on your color scheme - it's beautiful!!!!

[ Edited ]

Oh nice! Not bags, but I have done nail arts/used nail polish to decorate the tops of my Sephora/Origins/deluxe sample jars, so that when I reuse them for different products I'll know/remember which one contains what. =)

image.jpg

Haha, the big middle one was my first. Now I'm decent enough at it I can do the nail art on my nails

(0) Hearts

Haha, thanks. I can never finish a bottle of polish anyways, and the sample jars are cute. You can even do a color scheme like blue for night, red for day, glitter for lip balms etc etc. =)

(0) Hearts

Those are so cute!!  

(0) Hearts

cute!

(0) Hearts

That is just adorable!  When did you get this bag, when you bacame a BI?  That's nicer than our VIB totes and I love what you did with it!

(0) Hearts

This was the 500 pt set that was going for 250 pts a couple of weeks ago. I'be been a VIB for a little while but I never posted before, that is until I was having problems getting my triple points to update Smiley Wink But it's all good now!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
Photos2
  • 067.JPG
  • image.jpg