IllegallyBlonde

December Birchbox

(0) Hearts

Anybody get theirs yet or know what types of products will be in it this month?
I liked last months Birchbox better than this months Ipsy (usually it's the other way around.)

kittichick

Re: December Birchbox

Yep. I totally need to start getting Sample Society. :smileyhappy:

(Except I have more dry shampoos than I know what to do with already!)

What's the little white bottle on the right?

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

That's the Jane Iredale Lash Conditioner. 

kittichick

(0) Hearts

ooh, a lash conditioner! I want to find one of those that actually works. Every time I try one I wake up the next morning with crusty eyelashes. Gross.

kittichick

Mine just shipped yesterday, but I always peek at what I'm getting. (I can't help myself. No willpower.)

upload_4442265464499335411.jpg

I'm moderatley pleased at the list. We'll see what I think of the products.

• Borghese Superiore State-of-the-Art Mascara  (OMG, I'm getting a mascara!!)
  • Hair Rules Wavy Mousse (we'll see...)
  • betty&ko™ The Betty Polish (we'll see...)
  • twistband (Eh... Could be useful. I'm constantly walking around with a hair elastic on my wrist so if it works, yay! )
  • Pura Botanica Botanic Bath Infusions (might have been awesome if I weren't strictly a shower person)

The last few months have been pretty good. Last month's was awesome! Of course there are ups and downs. But I've noticed that I've liked my boxes way better since I tweaked my 

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

Except for the hairtie, yours is totally different from mine! I like yours better :smileysad:

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

I like your box much better than what I got. :smileysad:

kittichick

Isn't that frustrating? :smileysad:

I have this weird ritual. Every month after I get my box, I go through the whole store section for that month and see what I would have rather received. :/ But these last few months, I've been pretty happy with the results. 

Have you tried tweaking your profile survey? When I did that, my boxes got better. It could be a coincidence, but it's worth a shot! :smileyhappy:

(Meanwhile, I hope I'm not jinxing myself by yammering about being happy with my boxes! :smileywink: )

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

I'll try that. Thanks for the tip. :smileyhappy:

superNoah

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I haven't gotten mine yet, but my boyfriend got his maaaaaan box. He kind of liked it. Wasn't too thrilled with the lip balm, but he can't get over how much he loved the fake rolex thing. Everyone else gave it bad reviews, but I can't get him to take it off. The aftershave, I am informed (from across the room, no less), was nice and the moisturizer was just what he needed after his last one ran out.

I, on the other hand, am patiently waiting on a birchbox, glossybox, and ipsy bag. (what can I say, I'm a sucker for surprise boxes.)

I am a little disappointed with Birchbox, but I have learned to wait out their dry spells as they typically come out with better stuff every month.

I got the same stuff everyone else did, but I'll weigh in on my others.

For ipsy, I got fake lashes (ick), Be A Bombshell all in one stick (actually excited because I need more blush), A weird looking brown nail polish, Pop Beauty Trio Eyeshadow set, and J. Cat Beauty lip pencil. I've only had ipsy for a while, so I can't say I hate it or love it yet, but there are ups and downs to this bag.

Lastly my glossy box which hasn't even updated yet so no sneak peaks for me, but I love it the most despite it's $21 price tag. Everything is of good size (sometimes full sized) and is of good quality!

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

mine shipped today, so did my ipsy :smileyhappy: i'll have to wait and see what i like better once they get here... not quite sure just by seeing my rooms updated. i know i'm getting the honest healing balm in my birchbox and that is a little disappointing since that is what we use for my son's diaper rash ointment lol. but it does work well so it will be convenient to have a smaller size for traveling i suppose :smileyhappy: 

i got the twistbands, too... anyone know if that just means i'm getting one of them, or will there be a couple? 

plus: LA fresh travel lite make up remover wipes (pass, my skin is sensitive and i've already got my holy grail wipes)

beauty protector protect and detangle (awesome, i've been wanting to try this since i got their shampoo and conditioner in my first box! very excited about this)

laqa and co fat lip pencil (never tried this brand, hopefully i get a color i can wear. kinda getting sick of bright red lip pencils in both of my subs)

for ipsy i'm getting: 

pop beauty bright up your life eye shadow trio 

be a bombshell the one stick

mirabella eye blender brush (you can never have too many brushes, right?)

nicka k new york nail polish (not really interested in either color)

nyx extra creamy round lipstick (again, hopefully not a bright red again. or another nude!) 

so far i think birchbox may have it this month, but only because i REALLLLLY wanted one of the perfumes from ipsy. i may have to place an order with demeter and get the snow one myself lol

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

I think my ipsy bag is going to arrive tomorrow which is weird bc i usually get it on the 16th.  Woot. 

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

ooh, that's early! hopefully it doesn't take horribly long to ship to me :smileyhappy:

i looked on the mirabella site and that brush costs way more than i expected it to... $27! so that alone is worth more than both of my subs combined. i like months like this where i feel like it is definitely worth the money i put in to them :smileyhappy:

sugarluvv

I have 2 subs too and im getting 2 of the brushes.  

jenniebeth

(0) Hearts

I got:

Benta Berry G-1 Exfoliating Facial Cleanser

Kat Burki Signature Body Creme in Tuberose

Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo

Toni & Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray

Twistband

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

Wait, these places send you guys free baskets of stuff every month? Educate me on this please.

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

Kind of!! It's 10$/Month and they send you random samples (and sometimes full sized products) based off of a profile that you fill out.

Ipsy is only beauty products, and Birchbox is more of a mixed bag

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

Interesting. Is it really worth the money or is everyone deciding they're not too big of fans?

IllegallyBlonde

It's hit or miss, pretty much :/ Last month was worth it, but this month both boxes seem sort of.. meh. I like the surprise though, so I will keep it for at least a few more months!

killahbabe

Mine shipped out the other day so I *should* get it tomorrow. I'm excited to see what they've got planned. Is it terrible that I was loving the Ghirardelli more than the makeup?! I did love the Chello eye brightening pencil though!

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I got the toffee too and I was so happy. I've used the Chello pencil a few times and I really like it. 

Mine shipped today, I can't wait to see what's in it. 

IllegallyBlonde

haha.. the Ghirardelli is WHY i liked the Birchbox better than Ipsy. It was toffee...And the size of my head... OMG <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 31 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • haidy
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • beeberz
    • IllegallyBlonde