joeanne

Dear BT; Chin Up, I still love you

Oh dear, where to start? Poor BT, we talk about you like you have a life of your own, yet you are here to let all of us express ourselves.

I remember when I first discovered you. It had to be at least 8 years ago. I barely knew what Sephora was, but hear was a place where I could post questions about makeup and skincare and other people would answer me? And I didn't even have to buy anything from Sephora? And I could talk about other stuff too? And get to know other people and have some fun? What magic was this?

At first I mostly lurked and read posts, but then I got brave and asked a few questions, and people replied to me! So I asked more questions. And I answered questions. And I offered my opinion. And the rest is history.

But my poor BeautyTalk. The internet has grown, and I guess we have become jaded. Many do not find you the magical place I found so long ago.  You have become the place where we can complain about Sephora and complain about you! Are you perfect? Of course not. But I'm no fool. There are rules. I play by house rules. I would really like heart parties on the main page, but I don't speak for everyone, and I don't make the rules, so that's cool. And yes, I do have the option of going elsewhere. And I do buy from Ulta, Nordies, and other places when they have better sales!

But they don't have anything like BeautyTalk.  And I do appreciate that Sephora has given me a place where I can talk about stuff even if it doesn't have to do with Sephora - sure, sales at Ulta or any other website, no problem. Any makeup or skincare that Sephora doesn't carry - post away. I think that's pretty cool.

I love all the friends I've made on BT and I'm not blaming anyone - heck, I've complained along with others. I just think we kinda started to think that BT was "ours" but in reality, it belongs to lots of people and not everyone wants the same things. So I, for one, am going to try to make BT the place it was when I first arrived. A friendly place where everyone was welcome and if you had an issue, you just messaged a mod or scrolled right past that message. Cause right after the message you don't like is a message you're gonna love.

joeanne

Re: Dear BT; Chin Up, I still love you

Thanks blushnglow, and welcome to BT! Hope to chat with you often!

LariTheLoud

Thank you for your positivity, joeanne. It was really touching, and I think it keeps in the spirit of what I really like about BeautyTalk! Have a heart from me to you!

upload_1543780082478643088.jpg

joeanne

Thanks Lari! This has always been a "happy place" for me, and I know it can continue to be. Every relationship has its ups and downs!

redwagon44

Love it <3

gogreyhound

well said, my friend!  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 102 hearts
  • 15 in conversation