beautylovingirl

DO YOU JUST NEED TO VENT????

Hey chickaroos,

I just had my little vent on not getting enough information about posters asking for new suggestions and not giving us any information to go on so I thought since we are  all here on Beauty Talk and we all care for each other that if you need to vent about anything you might need support on beauty related or not here's the opportunity to just........VENTthCAEB2WTE.jpgHave you ever had that certain situation when you fee like this???

heatherbee

Re: DO YOU JUST NEED TO VENT????

(0) Hearts

Ok, I'm going to vent about my neighbors since they are the worst.

I live in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment on the bottom floor (two story apartment building).  Our last upstairs neighbor was the sweetest (and quietest!) elderly man who moved to a cheaper place.  Taking his place was a family of 6- four of whom are adults, and two children, with another baby on the way.  I wondered what possessed a family of 6 to move into such a tiny place, thinking they are just trying to find affordable housing.  But you could afford better housing if you don't drink beer and smoke (cigarettes and worse) outside my windows every night.  They come to the bottom of the stairs to smoke, so my entire house smells like a bar if I want the windows open (would be nice to have a breeze).  They blast music throughout the entire neighborhood with lyrics that shouldn't be blasted, and the absolute worst is the stomping.  DAY AND NIGHT.  2AM?  Stomping.  6 AM? Stomping.  9 pm?  You guessed it.  My husband and I keep the area in front of our door nice and clean, and the neighbors decided to start using the area under the stairs as their storage unit.  It makes my front porch area look trashy.  And now they are slowly adding more stuff (like a big baby walker) so that it's coming closer to my door.  Today I moved it closer to their stairs.  I'm sure they'll move it back.  

I get along well with the neighbors, but when I politely mentioned the stomping (twice, on spaced out occasions) it was ignored.  I want to have a nice relationship with them, but the two women seem moody all the time.  My husband and I get along just fine with the 2 men, and they invite us to have a beer with them from time to time.  I haven't tried bringing anything else up with them, since I'd rather just get along and not have any silly neighbor wars.  I like peace :smileyhappy:  The apartments are privately owned, so I can't go to my leasing office's property manager to quiet them down.  I'm getting out the tenant books for the entire property though, so hopefully there will be something about keeping a pleasing appearance outside.

Ok, rant complete.  I'm going to have a cookie so I can be happy again :smileyhappy:

Shrewdle

Omg. I so feel your pain heatherbee. Your new neighbors sound extremely unreasonable and inconsiderate. And isn't there a limit to the number of occupants that are allowed to live in a single unit? Do they also have a 2-bed apartment? B/c 4 adults plus more kids in a 2 bedroom unit is pretty extreme... Personally I may be able to tolerate the occasional smoke or storage issue, but I think I would go absolutely nuts with the continuous stomping! 

We used to live in a rented townhouse, and the "lady" next door would have extremely amorous sessions at 5 AM every single Saturday morning (I guess she is an early bird!) which involved high pitched moans and screams for an hour straight. We tried ignoring it for the longest time, and finally one morning I just snapped and pounded on the wall really hard until she stopped. It's amazing what some people will try to get away with if you don't lay down some rules for them. 

One thing that I did find helped with noise issues with neighbors in general was to get a sound machine, like the Marpac Dohm that we currently use, to help drown out the noise when you're sleeping. 

So yeah, hope you are happier after that cookie and if all else fails, enjoy Grumpy Cat's philosophy on neighbors! 

grumpycat.jpg

heatherbee

Thanks for the kind words.  I do feel better.  I was awoken one night with some ridiculous stomping, and I took a broom to the ceiling.  She stomped even harder than ever to get back at me, so I don't take approaches like that anymore.  This was AFTER verbally expressing my concern, of course.  I just deal with it now, unfortunately, but I don't have to like it :smileywink:  My husband and I joke that they live in a clown house with 20,000 square feet up there (same size apartment as ours, all units are identical) because they seriously don't sit down.  I think one of the women is like my grandmother and just can't sit still.  Seriously, my grandmother feels like she constantly has to be doing/cleaning/arranging/checking on SOMETHING at all times, and she might be like that.  The smoking bothers me because there is a picnic table just a few steps away that is a more appropriate smoking area since it's not right by any windows.  And when my nephew asked "What's that smell?" I didn't want to explain to him about weed.  Also, cigarette butts are constantly being dropped, as are beer bottles.  

I'm definitely not saying that they are bad people, and I don't want to portray them as such.  But they are either very inconsiderate or very ignorant about apartment living.  But my husband and I have agreed that after this, we will never rent an apartment again.  We move around a lot for work, so buying simply isn't an option at this point.  And the rent is the most reasonable we can find (2 bedroom, 2 parking, washer/dryer, AND allows pets?  very hard to find in Hawaii at this price!) so we tolerate the noise/mess/evenmorenoise as best we can.

Thank goodness we have never heard any adult sessions coming from them!  I can only imagine how awful that much have been.  She certainly had to have known before brought it to her attention! 

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

CenturyLink....  What reasonable person (by definition of law) would think to click view bill, after clicking view bill (which actually only brings up a blank browser window) on their email and seeing their account summary to view a contract clause that was not included in the welcome email, or any other subsequent emails, that by paying your bill you are entering a contract with them that you must pay $200 to get out of despite not providing the product being paid for (40mb/s when we are receiving 119kb/s using their equipment on a direct connection)?  You know, especially due to the blank window.  And they are unable to pull up a "signed" contract.

It's so dirty, unethical, and frustrating.  Especially when the original deal that was signed up for specifically stated "NO CONTRACT", and it was not mentioned on any phone call besides the one placed to cancel?

If you can avoid it, just don't do business with these lying thieves.  If you work for CenturyLink, I am so sorry that the company policies put you through so much verbal abuse.  I hope you find a better job somewhere else, soon :smileyhappy:

Shrewdle

Yikes! Just reading your post about this experience with CenturyLink was enough to fry my brain! I can't imagine the frustration you felt having to deal with their site in person! We have Time Warner, which is probably not any better than Century Link, but recently we've been getting Century Link employees knocking door to door in our neighborhood trying to convince more people to switch to them, and I'm glad we haven't after reading this! 

MoreGun89

Time Warner when I had it was always great (but then again, I never had to deal with them over the phone since they had a customer service center less than a mile away when I lived in the location that I had it).  They didn't have a contract clause, and when I needed to transfer my account (close out and reopen under my roommate who was staying's name), they refunded the equivalent for the rest of the month!  But yes, do avoid CL, I don't use the words liar or thief lightly under any circumstance, they are very ugly words to me.  I hope the best, your words to the above neighbor post were very kind :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I just wanted to add on the conversation that I had with spyski it's not anything against people who have to use "food stamps" to live but we all know there are people every where that abuse them. Granted at any time if we want steak we have it but it does bother me that my long hours at the office pay for some one who is not even out there trying.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

I don't know where that post went, I guess the mods thought it offended government funded people...

SweetFirefly

WHY ARE THERE ONLY EIGHT SEASONS OF LAW AND ORDER ON NETFLIX? 

kenny

Oh yes... Everybody needs to vent now and then. Note my Rant:Reviews thread.....

beautylovingirl

@spyski- Yeah I agree. It's always makes you feel so great when you see these people pull up  in their brand new caddies and get behind them in line and their buying steaks with the "food stamps" and you run in to grab a pack of hamburger when you've already worked a 12 hr shift. My office hours get reaaaally long some days and it makes me want to smack in the back of their head with the hamburger meat.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@ayen85- Sometimes it just takes a little longer to figure out who your real friends are at least you found out before a really desperate situation came up where you might of "really" needed them for something and found out then they really weren't your friends at all. Glad you vented I hope you are feeling better.

ayen85

[ Edited ]

Thank you.im feeling much better now!

ayen85

[ Edited ]

Oh gosh,where do i start!? Im a walking timebomb for more than a month now.it started when we had this vacation in another state and we went with a couple,"close friends" of ours. First day was "ok" but the second day everything was not what we expected. They were just TOXIC!!!' Taking more than a hundred pictures everyday just so they could impress people on facebook,we never even went to museums were paintings were on display bcuz of "photo restrictions" and they ddnt like it,they were annoying,always insulting us and correcting us with everything! When we went shopping my husband picked a blazer from zara and our "friend" also bought the same item! thats been going for a few months now,everytime we bought something they always ask us for the price and where we bought it. his mrs also bought the prada baroque i had,which was my favorite! talk about a copycat!

at the hotel we shared one room,and when it was my turn to use the bath i noticed the bathtub was all icky and had this nasty pub,so i asked them and they told me without thinkin that they use the BATHTUB to wash their after they poop!  They denied it of course after realizing their mistake and passed it on to my husband but i told them that he knows what a bathtub is used for ! When we ate  at this famous pizza house "he" kept going on and on that the food wasnt good and it was comparable to a cents' worth of pizza in our country. i am a tolerant person who accepted people for who they are,but this one is the worst people i have ever met! they put people down thru obnoxious jokes,copy the things you have and make it as their own,steal ideas,insult you,they are IGNORANT, know-it-alls.they even like to brag about the things they got! have had worst friends in the past but they are the worst of the bunch.talking about it makes my face red and just want to punch sum1 in the face. his mrs was also vy arrogant,how she doesnt like things made from china,and the ironic thing is,she's ASIAN, and she doesnt even know what fragrance-free means! She thought there was a free perfume to go with the product labelled with it,and this cam from someone who posts selfie photos on facebook.Always impressing others about her style,ALWAYS recycling a week old photo just so she could update her facebook.tsk,tsk!

I have so so soooo many things to share with u guys but i just couldnt express it in words! I am nowhere near perfect but i believe in good manners and no matter what brands,makeup or whatnots u have when it comes to bad manners these things are WORTHLESS! 

Spyski

[ Edited ]

First off, consider yourself and your husband to be flattered! They copy you guys, that means they look up to you or they are jealous, which it seems it's a jealousy problem on their part toward you guys. Maybe you should express yourself as you did with BT to them, maybe even print what you said out. I know it maybe a bold move, but if your "friends" are really your friends than they may understand the concerns. Everybody is different, sometimes it just takes finding a new crowd to befriend with if the different is too extreme for your liking that is. 

Also, I actually have a couple of Asian friends that do not like the majority of things labeled "Made in China". Asia is HUGE, so many countries and cultures. Not every Asian is Chinese, not that being Chinese is frowned upon. China just has a bad reputation for counterfeit goods, stealing ideas, and making super cheap products. Do you really think the people that work for those companies in China LIKE what they do? They don't. They do it to support their families back in the villages that surround the metropolis. The pay, working conditions, and hours are absolutely horrible...but they do it STRONG for their families sake. 

I think the majority of us Americans need to spend time traveling the world and watching documentaries from around the world to really appreciate what we have that others do not. 

Oh, and the pube hair in the bath tub...that's just wrong! Ew. It happens...

ayen85

Well i just laughed at her hate for made iN china products cuz she loves forever21,w/c a majority of their items are from china its even printed on their labels,the camera that they're using is also from china and even apple is assembled in china.bottomline is not everything thats made in china is cheap.dont get me wrong but i appreciate italian/american products  too but that never made me a snob to all things asian.i grew up with made in china products and its not something im ashamed of. We actually came from the same country,same city and well i guess they just wanted to change and be competitive,but not the good kind of way.

I appreciate your advice spyski! Sad to say i think i need a time off from hanging out with them,they're just too much! so no letters for now,but  they do STALK us online so it would be great if they read this! 

ayen85

(0) Hearts

my husband and i are not rich people. we can afford things we want but never considered ourselves as one.we are far from rich but simple things make us happy. we believe that people should practice good manners, i mean who doesnt appreciate kindness from others?! my husband is the quiet one,i am more like the person who stresses herself over things that i despise.im sensitive,just like that.

we moved to america for a better life and we expected friends to be better than what we have back in our country. well,thats the irony of life. you just cant get everything you want even humble,honest,well mannered friends!

Spyski

Welcome to America. The rudest country on the planet besides England :smileywink:

DTalksAll

@kd006 I'm so sorry for you loss. It must have been so difficult for you to choose between your mother and grandmother. Know that in the end you did bring everyone back together. Try to remember the good about her and your family & not beat yourself up over what happened. 

Family is tough. I never had a good relationship with my father. He was undiagnosed with Lyme's for over 20 years and has only started treatment in the past 5. I'm fully aware that how he treated me & raised me was not his fault, but I just can't get over it. He's still with my mom, and my boyfriend pushes me to have a "real relationship" with him, I just don't know how or where to start. I'm sure one day I'm going to reget the way I feel, and want to change that but I'm honestly not ready. 

kd006

Thank you so much for your thoughts.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. If you aren't ready, then you aren't ready. I just have to say I would give anything to have shared those times with my grandma. Family is difficult. They are the easiest people to be angry with and the hardest people to forgive. I hope you find closure in your situation with your dad. I know it's hard, but you'll never know how it could turn out until you try to forgive <3 It takes a lot, and I know it's hard.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 48 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • consolvo
    • beautylovingirl
    • MoreGun89