beautylovingirl

DO YOU JUST NEED TO VENT????

Hey chickaroos,

I just had my little vent on not getting enough information about posters asking for new suggestions and not giving us any information to go on so I thought since we are  all here on Beauty Talk and we all care for each other that if you need to vent about anything you might need support on beauty related or not here's the opportunity to just........VENTthCAEB2WTE.jpgHave you ever had that certain situation when you fee like this???

beautylovingirl

Re: DO YOU JUST NEED TO VENT????

@kd006- You were definitely pulled in two different directions and had one of the hardest choices that you may ever have to make in your life by being pulled between your mom and grandma. You have to remember that life is hard so you just have to do the best you can after all you were the one who brought everyone together in the end and that was a big accomplishment. You don't need to hang on to the guilt like I said you had a really hard choice to make and in my opinion I think you did the only thing you knew how. I've been in a situation like that before and you can't hang on to the past and let it get in the way of the future. You sound like you are a great person and I'm sure deep down inside you are.

kd006

Thank you! You are so nice. I know I need to let go of the guilt and kind of let go of my anger towards the situation of being caught in the middle. I know my mom didn't mean to hurt me by putting me in the middle and she definitely did not mean for that to happen, but it just did and there's no way to change that. I don't blame her for it at all and I think she thinks I do. Anyways, thanks for letting me vent! Great thread! lol.

But you are seriously so nice! Thank you for your input!!

kd006

I actually haven't really been myself much lately.. My grandma passed away in october, and I had a really rough relationship with her. Our whole family did. We didn't talk to her for 5 years because of a stupid fight. I did talk to her on and off throughout those 5 years, but I felt so guilty talking to her. We started fighting because of a fight my mom (her daughter) and her got in a fight, and my grandma cut off our whole side of the family. Everytime that I would see my grandma, I would tell my mom because I'm really close with her and tell her almost everything going on in my life. But I could just see that it hurt her everytime that I would see my grandma. So I quit seeing her and then a couple years later, we heard around town that she had gone into hospice. She was in remission from breast cancer when the riff started, and we had heard before that it had come back. She started doing chemo again and she eventually quit and then she went to hospice. So I made contact with her again when she went into hospice and I was able to get her to see my mom. Our whole family went there to see her and we were able to make amends, but there is only so much you can fix when she's on her death bed. So, I still just haven't been able to let it all go yet. I still struggle with feeling guilty for not talking to her for years before she died. She missed so much. My high school graduation, starting college, moving away, meeting my friends, meeting boyfriends. 

ANYWAYS. This community has helped me kind of go back to who I was before. I was pretty sad for a long time and then I found BT and talking to all you girls about what I'm passionate about has really helped me! So thanks everyone! Everyone here is just so supportive and friendly and helpful!

That felt good to get off my chest! lol.

Spyski

My condolences to you and your family. Don't feel guilty, life happens and I'm sure you learned from it. Instead, celebrate her life this mothers day with your mom and talk about all the good things that she has brought upon the family. 

kd006

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your response. I love all the support i'm getting here <3

consolvo

@kd006  The person who inspires me most, Maya Angelou, once said:

“I don't know if I continue, even today, always liking myself. But what I learned to do many years ago was to forgive myself. It is very important for every human being to forgive herself or himself because if you live, you will make mistakes- it is inevitable. But once you do and you see the mistake, then you forgive yourself and say, 'Well, if I'd known better I'd have done better,' that's all. So you say to people who you think you may have injured, 'I'm sorry,' and then you say to yourself, 'I'm sorry.' If we all hold on to the mistake, we can't see our own glory in the mirror because we have the mistake between our faces and the mirror; we can't see what we're capable of being. You can ask forgiveness of others, but in the end the real forgiveness is in one's own self.”

I've learned to look in the mirror and say in a loud but compassionate voice, "I forgive you!". It really helps.

kd006

(0) Hearts

Great quote! Thank you for your thoughts!

arielaaaaaaaa

Aw i'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so happy Beauty Talk was able to help you. It has helped me a lot too. I've had family problems and Beauty Talk is such a nice relief to just talk about something you love and help people out. I hope everything gets better for you.

kd006

Thanks girl! BT is a great distraction from life lol.

beautylovingirl

Exactly but you know Beauty Talk is not just a "social community" it 's a total different place from all the rest so you know if you need to vent here your always gonna get support.

Spyski

All the time!

If you don't vent, you will end up imploding any given day, so I think its only natural to vent. Haha

I vent on a regular basis and TRY not to vent on social networks. Venting on social networks like Facebook doesn't solve any problems to me, unless people just feel warm n' fuzzy with the attention they get out of it. Sometimes that doesn't always work though and I find myself ranting on FB about something random, then by the end of the day I feel like "why did I write that?" It really only takes a good listener. I'm all ears.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 48 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • consolvo
    • beautylovingirl
    • MoreGun89