beautylovingirl

DO YOU HIDE THE EVIDENCE?

Hey Girls.,

So I see a lot of no buy threads and it made me start thinking about do any of you ever hide the receipt or the bag from purchases you've made that you don't want your husband or boyfriend to see? My husband doesn't say anything now but when we were first married your hearing from a the number one receipt and bad hiding champion. LOL!

LCResz

Re: DO YOU HIDE THE EVIDENCE?

I don't have to hide things, my makeup stuff covers every inch of our bathroom vanity! Besides, he likes the end resuand and it's cheaper than hearing me wish for cosmetic surgery :smileywink:

jellybean917

My fiance and I are long-distance for right now, so it's a lot easier to hide bags. We're on Skype a lot, and he can tell when I feel guilty or am trying to hide something. He reads me like a book! I have to tell him something, so I usually show him 1 or 2 items and pretend they were on super sale. Whenever I see him, I try not to bring too many new beauty products.

mpolansky

Oh my god I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!

I actually don't hide my purchases from my boyfriend... I hide them from my roommate! She's a minimalist and rarely wears makeup... so she has trouble understanding my obsession! I usually just put my new purchases in my purse (and I'm embarrassed to say I make sure I toss the bag and packaging beforehand) so that I don't have to explain every bag to her!

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol I live with my parents too @bananachoox3. 

And my mom seriously gets mad at me every time i buy things!! I can't really avoid it when i make orders online but i don't tell how much i ordered! But when i go shopping she will see the bag and start going off about how i have too many things!! And for my birthday she has started taking me shopping for actual things i need instead of giving me money cause she knows where i will go spend it!! But i've never kept my Sephora Addiction from a Boyfriend. They have known full well i'm obsessed with Sephora and proud of it!

bananachoox3

LOL
Funny responses we're getting here. I live with my parents and I do hide them since I'm still a student but sometimes once and a while I won't since I have my own job as well. So once a month I'll hide like 3/4 of my receipts LOL

beautylovingirl

It's funny to hear some of the responses like I said my husband doesn't say a thing now because we both contribute and also being married for 23 yrs  he's just used to it. My funny was when we were first married and our finances were super tight but when your young and freshly married it's a whole new world  out there.

jennypenny1995

No way!  Of course we have joint accounts (and couldn't imagine it any other way).  We both work and contribute financially with our careers, so it's not really an issue.  For big purchases, however, we always discuss it with each other before making that decision. It's all about respect!

dianabt

I guess I'm lucky that I've never had to hide anything I buy because usually they have their own obsesssions that they waste tons of money on! I think my $30 lipstick was completely justified over $7K bicycles or sneakers... LOL :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
pinklissamel

Me and my husband have seperate checking accts so hiding the reciepts isn't really an issue. He usually checks the mail when he gets home so he would have first hand knowledge of how much stuff came/ comes in the mail. I try to put asside play money every month so I can spend it on whatever. If he see's the boxes from the mail he just askes me what I got thats where the discussion ends. He has expensive hobbies too so he knows what its like. I don't whine about his gun purchases and he doesn't make a peep about my wonderful makeup hoarding.  Now my mom on the other hand flipped out after she saw how much makeup I had OMG she was hounding me for 2 wks. I didn't think I would have to hide it from her but I guess I should have haha.

BlushHoarder

Ummm. I still have a makeup shopping bag in my car from days ago. I took the products and stuck them in my purse and left the bag in my car so he would not see.

miabt

I stopped hiding any evidence long ago!  My honey knows I have discounts for all my skincare & makeup, and I bargain shop at just about everywhere else, so its not a big thing anymore :smileytongue:  We don't really badger each other on spending, as long as maintain our bills and aren't going into debt for it!

xo, Mia

consolvo

[ Edited ]

In general, my husband knows better than to ask questions. I've kept him all these years for a reason! :smileyhappy:

However, and this started quite accidentally, I tend to keep a little Sephora bag in plain sight, with nothing but red tissue in it. When I get home with a new one, I toss the old one. At this point he probably doesn't even note it's presence there!

My receipts go directly into the "Sephora envelope" in my desk drawer in case I need to make a return. I'm so bad at returning anything though, I might as well just skip that step.

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]

Yes!!! I hide everything including the bag LOL

When I buy new makeup products I store them away quickly to make sure they don't stand out looking like I just bought them. Or when packages come in I have to get rid of the box right away. A package came in today for me but it was clothes, my bf asked what is it and I said stuff. He gave me the 'where are you getting all this money from' look... I told him it was only $21 total from 4th of july deals. :smileywink: It really was!

roxystar4

My husband is very supportive but I still keep my beauty receipts in a sep folder.  This isnt so much to hide them from him but so that if I need to return something I dont have to dig through TONs of receipts... just beauty purchase receipts.

I do hide my boxes of items (samples & un-used items) under our bed. I do all the house cleaning so I doubt he would ever look under there. LOL

kalex

We have a joint checking account so he can always see how much I spend and where.  Depending on how much I spend on a particular thing I may "hide" it though.  For instance, I recently snagged an almost $200 pair of jeans for $89.  He thinks even the marked down price is an absurd price to pay so those go straight in the closet.  He'll see a purchase from Von Maur but he doesn't know it was only on one thing.

prettyinpa

Holy moly, YES!  I never leave my receipts lying around and stuff new purchases in the beauty closet to "age" so I can claim that "Oh. that old stuff. It's been in there for ages". Actually he doesn't pay any attention to my beauty products except to complain when I use a hair product that has too much fragrance for his liking. Thanks goodness.

Meg82

I 100% hide my receipts.  I live with my parents and they know a lot about my finances, esp my dad because he has kind of been helping me get things in order.  Even when I set a budget I always spend too much at Sephora and I know he would judge me.  So...receipt buried at the bottom of the recycle bin. :/

nebel

My husband doesn't comment on my purchases, because he knows that then i'll comment on HIS purchases :smileyhappy:   We have separate bank accounts though, so aside from our shared bills we don't really get involved in each other's money.  We have an understanding that I'm gonna buy shoes, and he's gonna buy comic book stuff, and that's how it is :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 265 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar