beautylovingirl

DO YOU HIDE THE EVIDENCE?

Hey Girls.,

So I see a lot of no buy threads and it made me start thinking about do any of you ever hide the receipt or the bag from purchases you've made that you don't want your husband or boyfriend to see? My husband doesn't say anything now but when we were first married your hearing from a the number one receipt and bad hiding champion. LOL!

newermexico

Re: DO YOU HIDE THE EVIDENCE?

...you get to an age/time in life when you just wont do it and your fine/settled with it, and you know its right for you deep in your bones, you accept your choice, the results so be it-knowing about your choices, outcome and why...but getting to that point takes a huge amount for you to accomplish. seems like though by then you can really cut the bs and be your self, take it or leave it. there is only two choices with people-either they are going to like you or not.

remember; males think far different than females...

... but hey that just ME....

DeltaGammaGirl

I somehow got lucky and my boyfriend supports my Sephora addiction :smileyhappy: He usually feeds it by randomly giving me gift cards to surprise me! He does this with other places I love like Lululemon and Banana Republic also. I chose a keeper! He understands all of this stuff and is fine with it

Luxeface86

I'd say I hide about half and the other half he sees. I do a lot of online shopping, and lately I've been having things delivered to my work where we get packages every day.

I just explain to the assistant that I don't like getting packages at home because it sits on our porch and I hate the idea someone may steal it. And hubby never knows the difference. He doesn't really care though, because I take care of all my bills. We have our own accounts. He pays rent, utilities, and car insurance, I pay for groceries, cell phones, do all the cooking and cleaning. He does laundry half the time. Oh, I also take care of the dog most of the time. So, we have a nice balance. 

But I think I hide things because I can't justify WHY I feel I NEED that new foundation... I just really, really wanted it. :smileytongue:

buzzbee3

Sometime I wish I had to!

I try to get my husband to talk me out of buying something. "Hey babe! Tell me I don't really need to buy those extra brushes",  his response? "Are you going to use them??" ( heck yeah!) "Then go for it!"

Luckily I don't feel so bad, I don't really splurge on anything other than my Sephora addiction. So placing an order every other (*ahem* ok maybe Every) week is ok, right???  :smileyvery-happy:

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

Had to do this today when I came back from the mall and I immediately thought of this thread, lol: 
:smileytongue:

20130813_153518.jpg

LadyInWhite

Hey, you found it!  You were one of the folks upset because it was out of stock online, right?

dolceloure

lol yes!! I called the nearest Sephora and asked them about it...sat on hold for 5 full minutes before she came back and told me they found one in the backroom and offered to hold it for me. I was like "great, I'll come by tomorrow!" hung up, twiddled my thumbs for about a minute, and then ran off to pick it up, lol.

violalea

[ Edited ]

haha i totally understand how you feel :smileyhappy:. One time the UPS dropped off my package at the rental office and I got an email from the UPS and also rental office at 5:29 pm. I ran like crazy to the rental office and guess what they were closed at 5:30 :smileysad:. They must have hit the send button and left the office immediately. OMG I was so sad and upset cause my box was right in there and I could not get it.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

omg that's happened to me to a couple of times! That moment you reach the office and realize they're closed, and your beautiful Sephora box is just sitting there, only feet away from you...it's the worst!!!

Actually, no, even worse when it happens on a Friday afternoon and you can't get to it til Monday. :smileysad:

beautylovingirl

@kd006- Oooh ok I thought it was for you that's why I said 125.00 wasn't bad now it makes a lot more sense.

beautylovingirl

@kd006- No doubt that's nothing for clothes. It sounds like you did really good just spending the 125.00 it could've been way worse.:smileyhappy:

kd006

Oh that wasn't me! I could never get out of a clothing store with $125.00. That was him buying clothes for himself. Lol. I was saying to him.. are you sure you don't need another shirt?! LOL

kd006

I live with my boyfriend and I do hide my receipts but not the product. He doesn't know a two dollar lipstick from a thirty dollar one. He's pretty clueless. But one time he saw a receipt right after I got my stuff in the mail and he said he had to sit down lol. He's definitely a saver, and I am to an extent, like I'm paying for my own car and I pay for schooling with cash so I am a saver, but I'm not afraid to splurge on some makeup! He got upset the other day that he spent 125 dollars on clothes. Like what?! I don't even think about when I'm spending 125 dollars on clothes.. I feel like that's barely any money when you're talking about clothes!

beautylovingirl

@BeautyLove02- No it doesn't make you sound awful and your sure not alone on hiding stuff there's a lot of posters who do the same. Your not judged by us at all. But I hope everything turns out the best for you!:smileyhappy:

BeautyLove02

This makes me sound awful...but yes i have to hide anything i get. I get rid of the bag and receipt and hide everything in my purse until i can put it away. He is just so controlling and he gets so mad and yells for days that its best if i keep it to myself. Its my money, but thats just the way he is. I'm actually hoping to get myself together and move away from him and have been planning it for awhile.

kalex

It doesn't make you sound awful - it makes him sound awful!  Good luck to you in getting out and on your own!

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

I second that.  No one has the right to yell for days, especially if it's your own money.

tashalicious

i have one of those rare husbands that could care less what i buy, lol

veevali

I usually get home first and put stuff away before my boyfriend gets home. He notices everything! If I add something new to the shower, he often comments about it. But he never looks in my makeup drawers so I'm safe there :smileyhappy:

clarks18

It depends ha.  I have combined bags before.  There have been times that I visit 3 Sephoras in one day so I just put all the stuff in one bag!  You can't be that close to 3 Sephoras and not go into each one.  They all have different things and sale items!  My boyfriend doesn't mind for the most part.  I'm a beauty junkie I can't help it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 265 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar