Londonlover101

DIY: one ingredient, fat free,sugar free, vegan delicious ice cream!

upload_651420907892456980.jpghey dolls!

just wanted y'all to know that if you chop up banana's then freeze them then take an amount you want blend it, you will have a delicious ice cream substitute that tastes even better then the real thing! (my opinion) I think this is a perfect option for everyone and fits everyone's dietary needs.

1.) chop up bananas (little banana coins)

2.) place in a plastic tub and freeze for at least two hours

3.) get out a small amount of the coins (do not make more then you can eat because if you try to refreeze the pre-made version it does not taste as good)

4.) blend and ta da!!!! I hope all of my BTFF's enjoy this!

Londonlover101

Re: DIY: one ingredient, fat free,sugar free, vegan delicious ice cream!

@bratknits we obviously know its not sugar free in natural sugar because, duh. I menat processed sugar and yes it is fat free.....if you have negativity to add, add it somewhere else, I think the average person knows the difference between fruit sugars and sugarcane/processed sugars.

doriangray

(0) Hearts

Thanks for sharing your recipe.  I'm sure it tastes fantastic and probably more healthful than ice cream.  

bratknits

It's not negativity to correct misinformation.  Bananas a a fairly high sugar fruit and do not fit a number of people's dietary needs for that reason.

doriangray

Thank you for saying this, and I didn't think it was mean, but useful.  Bananas are very high on the glycemic scale and people who are diabetic or avoiding sugar for other health-related reasons need to be aware.  There is so much misinformation out there.

The sugar in bananas and "processed sugar" (simply boiled and filtered, as it has been for hundreds of years) and corn syrup is metabolized the same.  Your pancreas doesn't know the difference.  

bratknits

While the fat content is negligible an average sized banana has about 14g of sugar.  It's no sugar added but certainly not sugar free.

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

LOL, yay banana groupie! I will have to try that too!

killahbabe

(0) Hearts

I LOVE doing this! I actually like eating the frozen cut-up bananas as well (with peanut butter or almond butter). Thanks for making me hungry! :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • shyvicki
    • marydiva
    • saturnwings
    • drrragon
    • jessyiniowa