rosemarigold

Cutest. Boyfriend. EVER.

I was playing around with a new makeup look after a long day of work and I was so sleepy, I crashed on the bed for an hour. The boyfriend came home and kissed me hello, took a second look at my face and then innocently asked, "Why are you so pretty?" Heehee! What a doll. He's a keeper. :smileyhappy:

pinkipinklips

Re: Cutest. Boyfriend. EVER.

(0) Hearts

sweet:smileyhappy:

mymaserati

(0) Hearts

That's so sweet :smileyhappy: it really is all the little things a man does that matter the most. It's what I remember the best anyway.

I've figured out what turns my boyfriend's head - what combination of eyeshadow and lipstick, what his favorite perfume of mine is, etc. Sometimes I converge it all at once, a perfect storm! Wouldn't you know it, he likes rosy lips paired with light silvery-white eyeshadow (like Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Vapor), sort of early-60s/Mad Men style. And cheap Paris Hilton perfume :smileyhappy: Remind me of that when I need to refill my Dior perfume, will you? 

On the other hand, I also like him best when he smells like he does when he gets off of work (he's a line cook) and hasn't cut his hair in a month or two. :smileyhappy: Slightly smelly, manly men for the win!

And beauty junkies for world peace!! :smileyvery-happy:

lauren525

That's so cute! I'm so happy that you found someone like that :smileyhappy:. I am sure you are just as pretty as he says you are!

fashionterri

(0) Hearts

Finally, I can attribute my makeup addiction to altruism:smileyvery-happy:  Mascara for the benefit of mankind!!!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

Powder to the people! :smileyhappy:

kalex

"Mascara for the benefit of mankind!!!" and "Powder to the people!"

I love it.  You guys are great!

fashionterri

(0) Hearts

awwwww..... i totally luv it!!! :smileyvery-happy:  it feels soooooo good when your passion is appreciated by the one you love!!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

So awesome! Hold onto that one! I had a similar experience yesterday.  My husband did the double take yesterday morning when I kissed him goodbye when I was off to work. It made my whole day. Totally worth being a make up junkie!!!

em3415

(0) Hearts

Awwww, that's so sweet! He's definitely a keeper :smileyhappy: What makeup were you wearing, by the way?

rosemarigold

(0) Hearts

@em: I just did a kind of simple neutral look with pink cheeks! He always says he likes it better when I look natural than 'lots of makeup', but he DID comment on my smoky eyes that I looked 'beautiful, as always.' I KNOW, right?! He's amazing! And yes, I am totally a makeup junkie... but we're all allowed a vice or two in life, I think. :smileywink:

em3415

(0) Hearts

I'm totally a makeup junkie too! And my boyfriend always teases me for how much I spend on makeup, but then every time he sees me wearing it, he always has to tell me how beautiful I look. It's so adorable when they get excited about that stuff :smileyhappy:

mermadelove

rosemarigold wrote:

@em: I just did a kind of simple neutral look with pink cheeks! He always says he likes it better when I look natural than 'lots of makeup', but he DID comment on my smoky eyes that I looked 'beautiful, as always.' I KNOW, right?! He's amazing! And yes, I am totally a makeup junkie... but we're all allowed a vice or two in life, I think. :smileywink:

i think that if doing our makeup helps us to have fun and feel beautiful, then really it's more of a public service-- I mean happy people are nicer, right? So really as makeup junkies we are contributing to world peace.....:smileywink:

scootersevp

(0) Hearts

Love the public service quote!  Do you mind if I use that one when my husband complains about how much $$$ I spend on my face??? :smileyvery-happy:  I have been a make up junkie since I was 16. I am now 40. Cannot imagine how much I have spent over the years. Between my hair, manis and pedis, and facial products and make up, I think I have helped the economy!

kalex

(0) Hearts

"So really as makeup junkies we are contributing to world peace.....:smileywink:"

Best. Comment. Ever!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

LOL! Why, thank you!!! Makes you feel better about your FF haul, doesn't it? Besides, it really is true......<3.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • kalex
    • em3415
    • mymaserati
    • pinkipinklips
    • mermadelove
    • rosemarigold