cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Crayons!

Hello everyone!

While playing around with my makeup and nail polish I was thinking about how much I just LOVE colors! Bright colors, darks, neons, matte, pastels, etc! When I was a kid I begged my mom for a Crayola Crayon Box set that she bought for me as a gift from my grandma (who was VERY sick at the time). I LOVED that crayola box and everytime I colored anything I thought of my grandma and how much she loved me.. pretty intense thinking there for being just 8 years old! But I must have used EVERY shade in that box down to the nubs! It had a handy sharpener in the back too, it was AMAZING!  The set sort of looked like the one in the middle here, a stand up box with a clear cover to "see" all the shades through.

So that little trip down memory lane made me think.. If I had to use just ONE crayon EVER for the rest of my life to draw and color and write with.. what would it be and what would I name it? I was obsessed with a hot pink watermelon named shade back then,that and my neon orange. Of course I rarely use or wear neon pink OR orange now.. 

So if I had to choose, I would go with Blue Violet or Carnation Pink which were my two other go-to shades that I loved to use on everything! What 8 year old WOULDN'T want to make everything PINK!? Cat LOLhaha.. I think this explains why I go for so many pink lip colors and eye shades. 

What about YOU?  Cat Wink

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Anonymous Insider

Re: Crayons!

the one color i used ALL the time, and i still remember by crayola was called Macaroni And Cheese:)

I love Crayola!!!!!

Fav color was Demin Blue followed closely by robin's egg blue.  Great question!

Great question -- I loved my crayons! (I used to love the Mr. Rogers segment where he goes to the crayon factory -- does anyone remember this?)

My favorite Crayola crayon was Thistle -- followed by Cornflower, Orchid, Carnation Pink, Sea Green and Apricot (among others!). Later on, I also loved Sunglow.

When I was around 8 or 9, I loved the fluorescent crayons -- I think they came in a box of 8.

Anonymous Insider

Aw what a fun post!

Coloring was one of my favorite hobbies growing up. Every year my parents would buy my sister and I a brand new set of crayons as a stocking stuffer. One year we got a really nice 'classic crayola' set of crayons that came in a metal tin. The colors that I would typically reach for the deeper cool colors, like the deep violet and the irish green...which was surprising since pink was my favorite color growing up. They just had really good payoff (I guess even then I was all about quality products).

The worst was when crayons would break, ugh it was always so devastating because it meant more precision and there was a higher chance of messing up on a drawing. I had some really fun coloring books growing up too. There was a bookshop in my neighborhood that sold a line of specialized coloring books. I had a historical Titanic coloring book, a horse breed one, a ballet one, and one on dog breeds. They were really stunning, the illustrations were so detailed! I always felt so accomplished when I finished one.

My favorite color has been orange since I was really little.  (I'm wearing a coraly-orange dress right now.)  I think it's because Q-Bert is orange and he was my favorite stuffed animal from 5 on.

One of my first memories involves crayons.  I was about 4 years old and I came downstairs from my nap to find (to my horror), that my mom had gotten out my brand-new crayon carousel for the kids she was babysitting to use.  I felt so betrayed!

Anonymous Insider

I loved coloring as a kid!  I must confess, I still do color from time to time when I'm bored or need to relax a bit.  Coloring is cheap therapy lol.  Even as a kid, I was always loyal to Crayola.  I despised Rose Art lol.  Now, Crayola makes all kinds of art activities for kids.  Where was all of that stuff when I was little?  lol

As for the favorite color, I'd probably go with pink, especially from when I was little.  Pink was the thing lol.

Anonymous Insider

@ Kimmi: I couldn't stand rose art crayons either! I was completely dedicated to Crayola also Smiley Very Happy

Cerulean - Crayola style (HEX - #1DACD6 ; RGB: 29, 172, 214).  It was always the first crayon I picked and one of the few non typical names I remembered. 

cerulean.jpg

Similar colors and shades seem to always appear in the house from time to time.

While googling the name, I did see it won Pantone's Color of the Millennium back in 1999.  However their color description is a little too pale and leans more cornflower ( according to crayola) to me. ;s 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 32 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing