colorobsession

Colors you're currently loving

I don't know about all of you, but I definitely feel like I go through phases where I'm totally into a particular color for a while. Granted, I chose Colorobsession as my username, so I guess that's not too shocking :-p

During most of last year I think I was definitely in a purple phase. Specifically I really love muted purples and purples with a bluish undertone. It was definitely the motivating factor in me buying the Stila In the Moment Palette (even though the last thing I probably need is another eyeshadow palette)

swfupload_5118044444134980666.jpg

Most recently though I'm kind of obsessed with mint green and coral for the springtime. I've definitely updated my wardrobe to include a fabulous mint cardigan and coral ballet flats. In the beauty world there have been a couple of palettes I've been tempted by specifically because they have a mint eyeshadow, and I've had to exercise some serious will power to put the credit card away and not buy them!

So I figured I would ask, is anyone else hooked on a particular color right now?  Are their any products you've either discovered, re-discovered, or generally fallen in love with in that color?

colorobsession

Re: Colors you're currently loving

(0) Hearts

It really is gorgeous. And I think it can be flattering on so many skin tones, which is awesome.

sephoralovex

Lately I've been obsessed with the color coral. Blushes, lipsticks, eyeshadow, clothing, anything! It's such a gorgeous color.

bananachoox3

I love corals for blushes and nails. I also love them for lipsticks, then again I love my corals. Ive been really into purple eyeshadows too. Just yesterday, I decided to do more of a metallic eyeshadow look.

crayzeeRN

I'm 24/7 obsessed with purple eyeshadows. Biggest favorites are UD Grifter, Flash, Omen, Benefit Fancy Pansy, the two in the Stila palette you posted above, BE Water Lily, and MAC Beautiful Iris.

Current obsessions are also mint green and coral, as well as robin's egg blue. Loving Essie's Cute as a Button (coral-pink), Color Club's Blue-Ming (despite the title, I see a mint green), and Zoya Robyn!

onomotopoeia9

Hot pink for nails!!!

roxystar4

I wore hot pink a few days ago! So fun for spring

melissabt

Right now I'm into bright matte coral pink lipsticks and lavender toned pinks! Also, nude opaque nail polishes:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

@colorobsession- I love those Essie polishes they remind me of like summer flavored drinks or something.

colorobsession

Thanks! They really do. I also really like them worn together, although I don't always have the patience to pull off DIY nail designs...

roxystar4

yes! Like popsicles or something

runy

Great topic!

Different shades of blue have been catching me lately.  I wore UD 24/7 liner in Covet yesterday (it's a decommissioned color now), and I've been wanting to use UD Gunmetal and Lorac Celebutant from my stash.  It's hard to wear blue, especially during the day!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I love orange! I've always avoided it, but I love orange in clothing and accessories, and orangey reds in lipstick. I also love yellow (but only in clothing, etc. -- not really in eyeshadow).

For blush shades, I've been really into purple-y pink or lilac. The ones I have aren't a true purple on the skin, but translate instead to a soft, cool pink.

I have also branched out a bit with regard to nail colors -- I've rarely strayed from reds, pinks and mauves, but lately I've tried the metallic Essie shades (metallic green, taupe and blue). Not very spring-like, but I really like them!

colorobsession

I LOVE nailpolish. My mom always wore pinks and sheer neutrals, which was what I started out with when I was growing up. But since I've gotten older I've loved to experiment, and I've found that I really love brights, dark colors, and metallics. During my mint/coral kick I bought two new Essie polishes - Mint Candy Apple and Tart Deco. They're both creme colors, and I'm kiiiiind of obsessed :-)swfupload_3439190621229273431.jpgswfupload_7343789920583702967.jpg

lylysa

(0) Hearts

My bottle of MCA is getting gloopy!!! :smileysad: Must invest in a thinner or a new bottle soon!

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

Ooh nooo! Yes, it's definitely a color you don't want to have to go long without!

bananachoox3

I currently have Tart Deco on my nails and Mint Candy Apple on my toes. LOL. I love it so summery. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Greens!

rawrxjasmine

I'm always obsessed with Purple!

WhereYouStand

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

smoky colors for eyes  I just bought palette from urban decay smoked. it hasn't arrived via the mail yet but I'm uber excited! to get my hands on it and start experiementing. I have always felt my eyes are a bit small so I was always hestiant to do the more smoky look until recently when someone showed me a different way to do it will an all-over lighter color and do a brush of smoke at the corners so this palette should last me a long time and I love Urban Decay!! not to mention the case is really visually appealing I think it's kind of gothishs1434869-main-hero.jpg

incinci

(0) Hearts

My current faves are purples/pinks and greens.  I love Money by UD and I just got the makeup kit by Kat Von D which has the Ludwig palette, of which I am wearing the green shades today!  I really love the way blues look when swatched, but I can't quite figure out how to translate the color to my eye looks yet!  I really like Stila for their purple/pink/mauve shades.  I also got the Wet and Wild Comfort Zone palette for the green shades and honestly can't believe how pigmented the colors are for a $5 palette!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • sephoralovex