colorobsession

Colors you're currently loving

I don't know about all of you, but I definitely feel like I go through phases where I'm totally into a particular color for a while. Granted, I chose Colorobsession as my username, so I guess that's not too shocking :-p

During most of last year I think I was definitely in a purple phase. Specifically I really love muted purples and purples with a bluish undertone. It was definitely the motivating factor in me buying the Stila In the Moment Palette (even though the last thing I probably need is another eyeshadow palette)

swfupload_5118044444134980666.jpg

Most recently though I'm kind of obsessed with mint green and coral for the springtime. I've definitely updated my wardrobe to include a fabulous mint cardigan and coral ballet flats. In the beauty world there have been a couple of palettes I've been tempted by specifically because they have a mint eyeshadow, and I've had to exercise some serious will power to put the credit card away and not buy them!

So I figured I would ask, is anyone else hooked on a particular color right now?  Are their any products you've either discovered, re-discovered, or generally fallen in love with in that color?

janinebt

Re: Colors you're currently loving

(0) Hearts

I've been drawn to purple and bright hot pink A LOT this season. I'm also really getting into the bright neon lime craze, not for the eyes but for accessorizing. There's a scarf and a binkini in the bright hue that I'm dying to get.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kimmi1115

I haven't been in a set phase lately.  I guess it's because of the weather transition.  I've been using my Naked palette, Avon/Mark Pastel palette, and my Avon Go To Greens double ended eye pencil.

bittersweet86

I usually love purples and cranberry type colors for shadow but recently I've been loving corals  and pinks together they look so pretty. I've loved those colors so much I bought about 2 coral shades and 3 pink in the last month haha

makeupobesessed

[ Edited ]

Right now,I'd say I'm in a purple faze.  I have the UD Vice palette, and there  are two nice purples I really like. Ive been playing around with various combinations of purple and whatever else, black, brown, green, to do a smokey eye or daytime look.  I think purple looks best with my brown eyes, but I get tired of it.  I've been through a purple faze before, but I try to switch it up.  I'm just so tired of nuetrals...

i also really love the color Freelove by UD.  I bought it separately and it looks nice with various colors.

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

I'm a brown eyed girl as well, and I think I went through a purple phase for the same reason - to switch things up from traditional neutrals. I'll try experimenting with other colors, but sometimes things I covet in the pan (like a beautiful aqua eyeshadow) are a little too bold or dramatic on my face for regular wear. And back to my dear old friend purple it is.

mkupgk

I've been using graffiti a lot nowadays.  Totally obsessed with teals and greens!image.jpg

colorobsession

That looks like such a fun color palette! Kudos to you for rocking the greens and teals. I love fun colors like that, but I don't often wear them (mostly because I probably couldn't get away with it at work). Once in a while I'll throw in a hint of color, like sporting a turquoise liner, as long as the rest of my complexion is neutral.

maltipoo66

[ Edited ]

I've been switching from grays and cool pinks to gold and bronze shadows.  I love using Mac's Paint Pot in Bare Study over the lid, then using the gold shade from the Sephora Colorful palette in Taupe Model to set it.  My Kat Von D Ludwig palette is going to get a lot of use this summer. :smileyhappy:

kenny

I've always been obsessed with coral! Coral blush and lipstick, sometimes eye shadow but that isn't terribly flattering on me.

Lately I've been loving the greens! I recently got the Wet'n'Wild Comfort Zone palette, which has some very wearable greens, and I got Lise Watier's ombre souffle eyeshadow in Vert Enchante, it's a great mousse-like formula with the perfect silver-green.

poemelyric

I've been into earth tones mattes recently.  Not really sure why.  I want Nars colors Sophia and New York.  They are different than any colors in UD's Naked.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

p.s. for mint green and coral, you should look at Lorac's Glogetter palette!  It looks awesome for summer and is only $20 (only available at Ulta though).swfupload_1775378946790137257.jpg

(photo is from makeupandbeautyblog)

colorobsession

That Glogetter palette looks awesome! I love the color selection. Maybe I'll have to make a trip to Ulta to check it out...

And you are totally right about finding the perfect shade of purple. So often I see grape or red toned purples, and they're just not my favorite. I've found that to be even more true with nail polish. There are tons of shades of purple, but it's SO hard to find one I really like.

sephoramusthave

swfupload_102934178091398898.jpgLately I've been using bare minerals ready 2.0 shadow in the flashback a lot lately. Such a gorgeous pair, and the formula is outstanding.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

Oh I'm totally into blues and blue-greens this spring!  I've always gone with neutrals or conservatives purples for work (and it's SO HARD to find nice blue-toned purples, I can never understand why there are so many red purples but so few blue purples!).  Since I already own waaaaaay too many eyeshadow palettes, I went to Ulta with some coupons and got a NYX 9-pan palette all in shades of blue and green (including a mint green!).  It's so much fun to play with, and if it's just a phase I'm going through, well at least it only cost me $5 and I don't have to feel guilty about it lying around forever (like all my other, much more expensive palettes).

20130327_181501.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66