gogreyhound

Collections Other than Beauty?

I know many of us love to collect the perfume minis. I got the Prada Candy one, and it reminded me of my perfume bottle collection. I started with antique ones, and then branched off into minis, designers, anything special and pretty, until I have over 200. I don't display them currently due to space issues and, just , life...but that little bottle made me happy and also wonder what else do you all collect, besides your beauty hauls?

EvangelineDamon

Re: Collections Other than Beauty?

(0) Hearts

I have a massive collection of books.

Biographies of Kings and Queens of different countries and the Golden Age of Hollywood.

I have sections dedicated to the antebellum South and the Civil War; World War II; Piracy and ships; the history of England; France; Hollywood.

Then there are the Classics by Austen, Bronte, Dickens, Tolstoy, Hemingway.....

The poetry, favorites are Shelley, Byron and Baudelaire.

I have not even got to the Historical Romances, Suspense, Mystery and Harlequins my mom left behind.

It is truly a sickness.

Also, as one can imagine, I have too many dvds and way too many cds.

Everything from Gone With the Wind and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof to the Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Godfather Trilogy, Once Upon a Time in America, Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke and any Jean Harlow film I could find.

My music collection has everything, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Patsy Cline, Carl Perkins, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Kingston Trio, Hank Ballard & the Midnighters, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Pink Floyd, Billie Holiday, Lil' Green, Memphis Minnie, Bessie Smith, Ruth Brown, Doris Day, Bea Wain, Rosemary Clooney, 2pac, Dr. Dre, Bone Thugs N Harmony...seriously, the list goes on and on.

I blame my mom. 

She was a major collector of antique perfume bottles and oriental artifacts. 

She left us with three curios full of bottles and eggshell porcelain vases.

weeeeweeeeeee

I collect textbooks. I have kept every single textbook I bought for college. Why? Because I paid hundred of dollars for them and I will certainly not be selling it back to the university for a little over $5 each, only for them to resell it at the price that I paid for in the beginning. I would rather donate them to give them to students that need the textbooks than to let my school profit some more when I am already paying for everything else that I do not need or use. Like the little "miscellaneous" line at the bottom of my bill.

waterbaby1981

I have Beanie Babies from high school and college, Sailor Moon all seasons DVDs and box sets (including Stars and PGSM live action that were never aired over here-BitTorrent was great when it was running before they had the DVD copying laws), and now My Little Pony.  I've got two limited edition ones and then have gotten Ashley Fluttershy, a plush Princess Twilight Sparkle, and a baby Princess Skyla (not on the show) that talks.  Ash loves MLP and Equestria Girls, so we'll probably have a MLP birthday party for her this October.

Of course, my husband and I also have all of the Final Fantasy games, except for X1 and XIV.  They're the MMORPG ones.  We're currently playing Lightning's Return XIII and the X-X2 Remaster.  Trying to level up enough to beat the dark Aeons, Penance and Nemesis (we finally have the International version, this was never in the original North America one.  Finally a challenge with that game!)

heartsmyface

Japanese swords. Shhh, and beanie babies. 

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

And NINJA STARS?!?

chocopudding

Japanese swords are so badass!  Useful too :smileywink:

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

cool!

chocopudding

I feel like I'm the only one here who's all lame collecting stamps and postcards. LOL To make myself "cooler," I'll just say that I have Disney stamps in my collection. :smileyvery-happy:

That, and I'm juuuuuust starting to collect Ferragamo Varina flats - currently have 4 pairs! :smileyhappy:

EvangelineDamon

(0) Hearts

Stamps are awesome.

My mom started collecting them for me since 1989 and I still collect.

Last year, I picked up the Miles Davis and Edith Piaf stamps.

I doubt you've got the War of 1812 and the Civil War stamps like I do.

I believe I am the lame one here. 

Haha.

I wish I could start collecting those flats.

gogreyhound

I don't think that is lame at all! Stamps are beautiful! I have some Marilyn Monroe ones from my Marilyn collection days.

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

Ooohhhhh! I bet they are really gorgeous - now I'm itching to watch "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" :smileyvery-happy: What other things were in your Marilyn collection?

blushnglow

Don't feel lame some stamp collectors have come across some real gems and if they are rare, they can be worth a lot of money!! Probably a better payday than a poor sucker like myself!! Get your collection assessed, you never know!! Oh and regarding the postcards, I sometime sendmyself a postcard from wherever I'm at back home and then I'll keep them in with the pictures from that trip.  So, yeah.. me too:smileyhappy:

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

Hahaha, thanks for the consolation :smileyvery-happy: I should get them assessed someday. Especially the Disney ones, I got them when I was 8 and have no idea how much they are worth.

The postcard thing is a great idea! I'm going to start sending postcards to myself too when traveling. :smileyhappy:

sravanthi

I collect earrings and rings, i just love them started collecting shoes and bags too

rdesigns

Handbags and shoes.  Mostly Hermes, Louis Vuitton, and Chanel.  I also collect fragrances.  My husband would argue that there is nothing that I do not collect  :smileywink:

blushnglow

[ Edited ]

Yes to handbags and shoes too.  I guess I never looked at my my stash as a "collection" so to speak as I functionally make use of them. So I suppose I view them as part of my wardrobe. I do have a minor weakness for anything Louboutin. But you're right, it can be considered a collection :smileyhappy:

MikuNerd65

perfume!...I love them and still collect them...so much that people are irritated about that I don't have space, but I still get more 

gogreyhound

i know...I miss mine. I want to get a big curio cabinet someday to display them all... the bottles are so pretty! I love the ones I have from the 20's.

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

what?! that's amazing! where'd did they go since you miss them?

SallieSunshine

Books and stationery. I cannot be trusted with a credit card around anything made of paper.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 106 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • kalex
    • quixotic
    • waterbaby1981
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • aleishamaxime
    • rdesigns