Collections Other than Beauty?

I know many of us love to collect the perfume minis. I got the Prada Candy one, and it reminded me of my perfume bottle collection. I started with antique ones, and then branched off into minis, designers, anything special and pretty, until I have over 200. I don't display them currently due to space issues and, just , life...but that little bottle made me happy and also wonder what else do you all collect, besides your beauty hauls?

Re: Collections Other than Beauty?

I love stationery too!  I look back at my various boxes and pads that I've collected over the years and it's so interesting to see my childhood tastes evolve. (Cartoon-themed, Disney to ballet slippers, florals, and now I actually have some grown-up quality writing paper like crane &co and some pre-printed with my monogram etc.) I  also still have all my sticker albums too. 

(0) Hearts

I have tons of books and stationery too.....and I can't say no to a nicely designed pen. -_-;;

Another cookbook fiend here!  I especially like old ones - from the 1800's up to the 1940's or so.  If you haven't read Charleston Receipts yet I highly suggest you do!

I also have an minor obsession with aprons and coffee mugs.

vintage cookbooks- like 40s 50s & 60s. I don't know who thought bananas, ham, and hollandaise was a good mix but there are some gems in them and I like looking at the pictures. I also collect vintage costume jewelry and dishes. I'm always on the hunt for interesting dishes and pyrex for my photography

Oh I collect tea cup and saucer sets! Funny how I thought of my swords and beanie babies first! Aaaaaaand none of those things actually make any sense together! Lol! 

Oh I collect old tea cups and saucers! Funny how I thought of the swords and beanie babies first. image.jpg

i love the vintage pictures in old cookbooks! some of them are painfully "politically incorrect" like in the Chinese food section, but they are so cool!

OOOOOH are you a food photographer or do you just like photographing your dishes? Smiley Happy

I'm a food photographer! Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

AAAAAAH fellow foodie! That's amazing! I have a DSL Canon Rebel T3 but I'm still learning. 

awesome!! the best way to learn is to just keep trying different things and shooting often. I hope you're having fun with it!

Perennials. I'm a gardening junkie and I love to buy different and unusual specimens (and then shoehorn them into my beds somehow). I keep tearing up my lawn and putting in more beds. Which actually makes a lot of sense because it's easier to keep a garden alive than keep a lawn looking good. At least this is what I keep telling my husband. Smiley Happy

And before I had kids, Coach bags!

I bet your yard looks amazing! What a nice thing to collect--it benefits the whole neighborhood and the planet! I agree on the Coach bags... love those too!

I'm just about to go out into the garden and attack some more weeds! Smiley Wink Our rhododendrons are just beginning to bloom... I love them. They're an unusual deep red color that I rarely see with rhodos.

Cookbooks! I'm a passionate baker and cook, and I love to read about food science, baking, etc. I have a special love for the science of bread baking. Smiley Happy My shoe collection probably counts, too, as most people who see my wall shelves full of shoes usually have some choice exclamations about them...

(0) Hearts

pics! pics!

[ Edited ]

It is surprisingly super difficult to photograph the rooms/storage space in my house, because each of the rooms is somewhat oddly positioned. Also the lighting is not the best this time of day, but here are a couple of photos to give you an idea!

upload_8891704891545989484.jpg

This is where I display my shoes on the first floor of my house. Or, at least, this is where I store my seasonal shoes that I want at the ready... LOL! We only really have space on the bottom two shelves across this wall, so all of the spillover lives upstairs and gets changed out when I think I'll wear them more. You can see some gaps in there because I wore a few and left them by my back door. I also put some of my purses up on these shelves for whenever I want to grab them.

Some shoes are never switched out! Here's a picture of my favorite heels, and my favorite orange bag:

upload_1434747787674891229.jpg

I love the Jimmy Choos because they are my wedding shoes and they are special and sparkly. I love the poetic license heels because they're so darn fun! And orange... well, I love orange.

EDIT: Forgive my ugly nails, they're overdue.

ooooohhhhh!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! pretteeeeeeeeees!

Omg, I am so jealous! Lari, they're beautiful!

I collect tea. I started off with just a couple loose leafs, and it kept growing. Now I search of the "perfect" blend for each of my favourite teas, or buy LE/HTF ones. But I also drink like 5 cups a day... so....

(0) Hearts

I love tea too! O_O There's a local place that sells this Okanagan Ice Wine tea....it's divine!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • upload_8891704891545989484.jpg
  • upload_1434747787674891229.jpg