gogreyhound

Collections Other than Beauty?

I know many of us love to collect the perfume minis. I got the Prada Candy one, and it reminded me of my perfume bottle collection. I started with antique ones, and then branched off into minis, designers, anything special and pretty, until I have over 200. I don't display them currently due to space issues and, just , life...but that little bottle made me happy and also wonder what else do you all collect, besides your beauty hauls?

blushnglow

Re: Collections Other than Beauty?

I love stationery too!  I look back at my various boxes and pads that I've collected over the years and it's so interesting to see my childhood tastes evolve. (Cartoon-themed, Disney to ballet slippers, florals, and now I actually have some grown-up quality writing paper like crane &co and some pre-printed with my monogram etc.) I  also still have all my sticker albums too. 

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

I have tons of books and stationery too.....and I can't say no to a nicely designed pen. -_-;;

kalex

Another cookbook fiend here!  I especially like old ones - from the 1800's up to the 1940's or so.  If you haven't read Charleston Receipts yet I highly suggest you do!

I also have an minor obsession with aprons and coffee mugs.

aleishamaxime

vintage cookbooks- like 40s 50s & 60s. I don't know who thought bananas, ham, and hollandaise was a good mix but there are some gems in them and I like looking at the pictures. I also collect vintage costume jewelry and dishes. I'm always on the hunt for interesting dishes and pyrex for my photography

heartsmyface

Oh I collect tea cup and saucer sets! Funny how I thought of my swords and beanie babies first! Aaaaaaand none of those things actually make any sense together! Lol! 

heartsmyface

Oh I collect old tea cups and saucers! Funny how I thought of the swords and beanie babies first. image.jpg

gogreyhound

i love the vintage pictures in old cookbooks! some of them are painfully "politically incorrect" like in the Chinese food section, but they are so cool!

LariTheLoud

OOOOOH are you a food photographer or do you just like photographing your dishes? :smileyhappy:

aleishamaxime

I'm a food photographer! :smileyvery-happy:

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

AAAAAAH fellow foodie! That's amazing! I have a DSL Canon Rebel T3 but I'm still learning. 

aleishamaxime

awesome!! the best way to learn is to just keep trying different things and shooting often. I hope you're having fun with it!

jozkid

Perennials. I'm a gardening junkie and I love to buy different and unusual specimens (and then shoehorn them into my beds somehow). I keep tearing up my lawn and putting in more beds. Which actually makes a lot of sense because it's easier to keep a garden alive than keep a lawn looking good. At least this is what I keep telling my husband. :smileyhappy:

And before I had kids, Coach bags!

gogreyhound

I bet your yard looks amazing! What a nice thing to collect--it benefits the whole neighborhood and the planet! I agree on the Coach bags... love those too!

LariTheLoud

I'm just about to go out into the garden and attack some more weeds! :smileywink: Our rhododendrons are just beginning to bloom... I love them. They're an unusual deep red color that I rarely see with rhodos.

LariTheLoud

Cookbooks! I'm a passionate baker and cook, and I love to read about food science, baking, etc. I have a special love for the science of bread baking. :smileyhappy: My shoe collection probably counts, too, as most people who see my wall shelves full of shoes usually have some choice exclamations about them...

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

pics! pics!

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]

It is surprisingly super difficult to photograph the rooms/storage space in my house, because each of the rooms is somewhat oddly positioned. Also the lighting is not the best this time of day, but here are a couple of photos to give you an idea!

upload_8891704891545989484.jpg

This is where I display my shoes on the first floor of my house. Or, at least, this is where I store my seasonal shoes that I want at the ready... LOL! We only really have space on the bottom two shelves across this wall, so all of the spillover lives upstairs and gets changed out when I think I'll wear them more. You can see some gaps in there because I wore a few and left them by my back door. I also put some of my purses up on these shelves for whenever I want to grab them.

Some shoes are never switched out! Here's a picture of my favorite heels, and my favorite orange bag:

upload_1434747787674891229.jpg

I love the Jimmy Choos because they are my wedding shoes and they are special and sparkly. I love the poetic license heels because they're so darn fun! And orange... well, I love orange.

EDIT: Forgive my ugly nails, they're overdue.

gogreyhound

ooooohhhhh!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! pretteeeeeeeeees!

quixotic

Omg, I am so jealous! Lari, they're beautiful!

kbmatthews

I collect tea. I started off with just a couple loose leafs, and it kept growing. Now I search of the "perfect" blend for each of my favourite teas, or buy LE/HTF ones. But I also drink like 5 cups a day... so....

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

I love tea too! O_O There's a local place that sells this Okanagan Ice Wine tea....it's divine!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 106 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • kalex
    • quixotic
    • waterbaby1981
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • aleishamaxime
    • rdesigns