Coffee or Tea?!

broadwaybarbie

Coffee or Tea?!

A persons favorite beverage can say a lot about their personality. Right now I am lying in bed surfing Sephora.com gazing at various eye candy items and as I am drinking my nightly cup of coffee (I know its silly to drink coffee at night, but I have so much of it, it honestly doesnt make a difference in my sleep if I drink it at night) and I was wondering which product all of you like?! Its kind of like a cats or dogs thing. Some people are cat people and some are dog people. The same goes with tea or coffee. Either people love one or the other. I myself have yet to fall in love with natural warm tea. My mom is from the south so we will drink iced sweet tea, but nothing warm or herbal :smileywink: So on to the main topic of this "off-topic" question; what do you guys perfer? tea or coffee? If so, which brand or type is your favorite? Mine at the moment is Starbucks vanilla blend coffee with coldstone vanilla ice cream creamer :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Re: Coffee or Tea?!

[ Edited ]

I was raised drinking tea, but I can't back down for a cup of LavAzza coffee. Believe it or not, the Dunkin Donuts brand of Hazelnut coffee isn't bad either! I've also tried some coffee blends at HEB that were delish, one was Hawaiian something (can't remember the exact name at the moment) but it had dried bits of coconut flake, the flavor was very mellow but yummy. There's one called Breakfast with Elvis that had hints of banana to it too, also yum! A bit unconventional, but I like trying new things.

I love pairing coffee with frozen Thin Mint cookies and normally pick coffee when I'm on a road trip as the passenger or over a fellow coffee-lover's house visiting.

Not even going to lie, I've turned into quite the coffee snob/super picky on coffee after trying LavAzza. I have a little French press that I use or like making coffee in a percolater. I avoid coffee makers with glass pots because the glass sitting on the burner just does nothing but cause the oils in the coffee to burn right along with it, spoiling the coffee's taste and literally making it taste burnt, regardless of the type or quality of beans. Metal pots aren't as bad, but percolators keep the grounds at the top while the water just boils through the chamber and drains out, preventing the burning situation. My French press is super tiny, makes about a cup and a half at a time, but it's perfect for the times when I want to grind up some fresh beans for a super fresh cup of coffee!

Tea is kept stocked up in my place, from green tea, to black/English tea, to fruity white tea mixes (Youthberry Orange Blossom from Teavanna is stellar), and herbal teas (Wild Berry Zinger from Celestial Teas). I don't add super to my tea, but on the rare occassion I do it's normally to the fruity white tea or the herbal one, I use rock sugar or local honey, rather than refined/white sugar. If my throat is scratching or I'm sick I'll load the honey up in green tea and sip on that. 

My family has giant dinners and when we do we always have tea! I also love getting tea when I'm at Chinese restaurants, especially during diem sum! I can go through pot after pot of chrysanthyum tea there! There's a local Arabic restaurant that has the best black, mint tea! It's sooo flavorful!

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

-

lylysa

No probs! I can't stand the taste of burnt coffee, that ruins it for me. Regardless of how much coffee costs, if it's sitting on a burner on glass....NOPE!

broadwaybarbie

I have never heard of the Hawaiian Elvis or coconut coffee but I'm so glad you told me about it! I LOVE trying new food items! I'm kinda hipster that way :smileywink: haha 

I also didn't know about the effects the glass pot can have on the oils! Very interesting! Thank you so much for that helpful hint. my moms going to think I'm nuts for wanting a new coffee maker, but if its spoiling the coffee, why even use it right? because then it's just a waste! 

Ps my family and I go out to a Chinese Resturant almost once a week; I'm planning on ordering some tea this upcoming time! :smileyhappy: ill let you know what I think :smileyvery-happy: 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Check local grocery stores or specialy food stores for unique blends! They sell them my amounts you want so you're not locked into a giant pot or bag if you don't like it after trying it.

If they have chrysantheum tea, ask if they have the rock sugar that goes along with it! It sweetens it up just a touch without being a sugary kick to the teeth!

violalea

[ Edited ]

I drink coffee more than tea but trying to switch to tea

and sorry kinda off topic but i saw this and its too funny and i had to share it with you ladieslol.jpg

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

violalea

[ Edited ]

I know sorry triciaann12, i did not know where to post it except on off-topic but why this thread no idea :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Then you can shout "Score, two cops, but uh oh....gota keep running, shout out more later!!!!!!! *picks up the speed*"

violalea

(0) Hearts

exactly haha :smileyhappy:

bananachoox3

I love both! I like getting my coffee from Starbucks so much I got a gold gift card from them! I like the following from Starbucks: Iced Green Tea Latte, Green Tea Frap, Ice Carmel Machiato, Carmel Frap, Iced Passion Tea Lemonade, and the new Iced Hazlenut Machiato. I don't like hot drinks from Starbucks. LOL

I also love the Organic Green Tea from Tazo. Yum

I also have herbal tea at home like Jasmine and Oolong. My dad was the one who got me into drinking tea. He loves tea, so we have a ton of tea leaves at home. 

helpful

The new hazelnut macchiato is soooo good!

helpful

I usually get Tazo or Stash- both can be found at target. I don't add anything to it except for an occasional lemon slice. The cold stone coffee creamer you mentioned sounds amazing!

broadwaybarbie

Ohmygoodness its divine! And with the vanilla flavored coffee...its pure heaven! <3 I have definitly heard of Tazo and great things from it as well. Plus if it comes from target it has to be amazing, right?! :smileywink:

helpful

(0) Hearts

Absolutely, I could live in Target!!! Haha!

caligirl2011

I prefer iced drinks.  No hot drinks unless it's hot cocoa.  But I'm a huge tea drinker.  I love mango iced tea or passion fruit iced tea but I usually get black iced tea from starbucks because of convenience.

broadwaybarbie

Ooooooo I forgot how much I love mango iced tea! and how wonderfully festive with the new spring season :smileyhappy: I'll have to get a box of this and brew some up every now- thank you for reminding me caligirl2011

caligirl2011

(0) Hearts

Yay!  Make sure you have one for me!

ChicDabbler

I drink all tea. Green/red/flower/fruit tea. Chinese tea, African tea, English tea, iced/sweet tea.

I like mild coffee taste, so basically latte, ice cream or in cakes.

broadwaybarbie

Have you every tried tiramisu? (Im not sure I spelled that completely right) But its mostly like an italian coffee cake and its just wonderfully delicious :smileyhappy: If you like cake that coffee flavored this might be something you want to give a go!:smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

love it. I'm a baker, but don't have time to make it unfortunately. A little bit of coffee also help bring out the richness from cheap cocoa/chocolate when making cakes.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 143 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • kasemarch
    • cherrybombtastic
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • marinaanne147