broadwaybarbie

Coffee or Tea?!

A persons favorite beverage can say a lot about their personality. Right now I am lying in bed surfing Sephora.com gazing at various eye candy items and as I am drinking my nightly cup of coffee (I know its silly to drink coffee at night, but I have so much of it, it honestly doesnt make a difference in my sleep if I drink it at night) and I was wondering which product all of you like?! Its kind of like a cats or dogs thing. Some people are cat people and some are dog people. The same goes with tea or coffee. Either people love one or the other. I myself have yet to fall in love with natural warm tea. My mom is from the south so we will drink iced sweet tea, but nothing warm or herbal :smileywink: So on to the main topic of this "off-topic" question; what do you guys perfer? tea or coffee? If so, which brand or type is your favorite? Mine at the moment is Starbucks vanilla blend coffee with coldstone vanilla ice cream creamer :smileyhappy:

broadwaybarbie

Re: Coffee or Tea?!

coffee tea meme.jpg

Just found this and it reminded me of those who might choose a third optional beverage :smileywink:

ChicDabbler

Change tequila to rrrrrum or bourbon and I'm game. LoL.

Bumblee

Funny you should ask... My fav at the moment is yuanyang, which is coffee mixed with milk tea. According to Wikipedia, this drink is named after a pair of mandarin ducks in love, floating peacefully on a lake. So... What does that say about my personality? Indecisive? LOL (the million and one pretty little things at Sephora definitely brings out my most indecisive side!)

broadwaybarbie

(0) Hearts

The best of both worlds! Im seriously going to try this tonight with dessert :smileyvery-happy: What type of tea do you use? and should you use a specific roast of coffee? Typically I use the vanilla Starbucks blend, but I'm not sure if this would taste right. 

Thanks for the recommendation! Plus I know what you mean about Sephora's wonders....everytime I get something new my heart falls in love with the next pretty product I see! :smileyvery-happy:

xoxcharlottexox

COFFEE! Oh coffee! I used to be (and when I say used to I mean about a month ago) terribly reliant on caffeine... I would drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day to stay awake until 2 or 3 each morning doing homework. Needless to say I didn't adjust well to my first semester of college.  I did drink starbucks blonde roast, plain or with one packet of truvia. I also LOVE skinny iced caramel macchiatos and skinny vanilla lattes!  Now I've cut out all caffeine and just take vitamins like b12 to keep up my energy, though. I'm really into eating clean and working out a lot, so I get energy naturally that way now :smileyvery-happy: 

broadwaybarbie

(0) Hearts

That's so wonderful to hear that your getting energy naturally! Such a positive lifestyle! :smileyhappy: but I also love the blonde roast :smileywink:

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

Usually my preference is loose leaf Market Spice tea with 1/4 tsp fresh honey and sometimes (if I have citrus around) I'll add a little spritz of orange juice or  clementine to it.  My roommate calls it VoomVoom tea, and goodness is it a great pick me up! 

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I don't drink either of them, but I will drink tea once in a great while or when I'm not feeling well (usually chamomile or peppermint). I really wish I had acquired a taste for coffee because I'm sure it would change my life in the mornings. I don't even like the iced Starbucks drinks (they still taste like coffee to me!). I used to get my caffeine fix from diet soda in the morning (gross, I know), but I gave it up and mostly drink water now (other than the rare fountain diet coke from a restaurant, because I can't completely give it up :smileytongue:).

:smileyhappy:

melde

I am 100% addicted to tea. I drink it everyday. <3

MacHora

Yes, no one is allowed to speak to me in the morning until I have consumed a full day's supply of caffeine from tea. I've tried coffee many times and I have been unable to acquire a taste for it.

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I LOVE starbucks but really only drink coffee if I need the caffeine, or if I'm out with people. I absolutely love pumpkin spice latte and skinny vanilla latte. I've tried lots of different drinks but always prefer these two. I drink tea year round. I love it warm in the winter and cold in the summer. I love cold unsweetened ice tea, and I love warm tea as well. Texas is rarely cold, so I drink a lot more cold tea than I do warm. I love love love organic teas. Anything with the USDA organic stamp is my friend. I love african red tea(aka rooibos),peppermint/mint, white tea, chamomile....really anything but these are my faves.

violalea

[ Edited ]

omg I had PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE and it was yummy. I dont go to Starbucks often, saving $$$ to spend here at Sephora :smileyhappy:

10 cups of starbucks =1 Sephora order

Sephora MOD, are you reading this??? We need more awesome perks. I am sacrifing my coffee for you !!!!!!!

:smileyhappy:   :smileywink:   :smileywink:    :smileyhappy:

Should I start a thread 10 cups of Starbucks or 1 Sephora online order?????? That would be interesting to see people's answer dont you think???? ( and some credit will be to broadwaybarbie and you sephoramusthave :smileywink:)

broadwaybarbie

That would be a hysterical thread! And I applaud you for the sacrifice :smileyhappy: 

violalea

haha thanks :smileywink:

sephoramusthave

swfupload_4847203176616999395.jpg

janinebt

Coffee/lattes are a must for the AM, especially when I need to be up early for work.

But come mid afternoon/evenings I switch to tea. I prefer florals, jasmine, and green teas. If I'm sick I usually just stick to green tea in the mornings, which has more caffine than the average tea. My all time favorite tea is lemon rose, it's the perfect mixture of sweet and tart. Yum! 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
RxVanBuren

I went & bought a new french coffee press (coffee-maker). Started using it today. I set aside my turkish coffee pot for special occasions. I began making tea again after reading all of your posts. My friend/esthetician said that tea is actually better for anti-aging. Yes, i knew but i do love my coffee. Looks like its Mariage Freres - Earl Grey French Bleu (the wow! tea of Le Marais-Paris) but that's not the reason i luv it, in place of my coffee. It has blue cornflowers in it. Tastes divine (smoother than any other tea i have tasted - i've sampled 2 many) & Assam tea (super delite as an iced tea as well, I add a thin cinammon stick as a stirrer & put thin slice of key lime to my glass ++ sugar or Stevia in the Raw). Gen Mai Cha (green tea + brown rice) tea is outstanding for health, mind & body. Used to drink this only in the winter but it is a lovely treat for after dinner & helps me to by pass rich desserts. I love so many types of iced tea & have many southern recipes for them using Tetley tea, 1 includes adding TBSP of clover or orange blossom honey per pitcher of iced tea. Thank you girls for inspiring me back to tea time/l'heure de the).

broadwaybarbie

Yay for inspiration! It's so wonderful to hear that this little old question/blog topic made you change your beverage routine. I mean, I never want to alter anyone'lid ails life, but because you'enjoy joyed this change, I'm so happy to hear it! haha and I'm just like you were, but I still am this way! I ignore all the added benefite found in tea and try and find some in coffee, just because I LOVE the taste! :smileywink: 

rockhound0508

I like both.   Coffee in the morning.  My Fav is a  chicory blend.   Then I love a good pot of tea.   Earl Grey or a Darleejing (sp).   Dont like the orange peko's or the herbals.  :smileyhappy:  

kasemarch

I love them both, but I think I prefer tea overall

starbucks vanilla blend blonde roast is actually one of my favorite coffee blends now too! with cream & raw sugar or sweetener. it's so good :smileyhappy:

but my favorite currently is actually just starbucks iced coffee, sweetened, with cream. it's so delicious and sweet and puts me in the mood for the upcoming warm weather :smileyhappy:!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 143 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • kasemarch
    • cherrybombtastic
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • marinaanne147