broadwaybarbie

Coffee or Tea?!

A persons favorite beverage can say a lot about their personality. Right now I am lying in bed surfing Sephora.com gazing at various eye candy items and as I am drinking my nightly cup of coffee (I know its silly to drink coffee at night, but I have so much of it, it honestly doesnt make a difference in my sleep if I drink it at night) and I was wondering which product all of you like?! Its kind of like a cats or dogs thing. Some people are cat people and some are dog people. The same goes with tea or coffee. Either people love one or the other. I myself have yet to fall in love with natural warm tea. My mom is from the south so we will drink iced sweet tea, but nothing warm or herbal :smileywink: So on to the main topic of this "off-topic" question; what do you guys perfer? tea or coffee? If so, which brand or type is your favorite? Mine at the moment is Starbucks vanilla blend coffee with coldstone vanilla ice cream creamer :smileyhappy:

marinaanne147

Re: Coffee or Tea?!

I actually like both, kind of. I'm very specific (picky, really, but I don't like to use that word) with my coffee and tea. I only really drink fruity, non-caffeinated teas. My favorite is Celestial Seasonings' Raspberry Zinger and Teavana's Sevenberry Sangria. As for coffee, I'll have it once a week or so at Starbucks. My current Starbucks favorite is the Chai Tea Latte (with extra cinnamon!) but I'm a huge seasonal coffee person and love Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Gingerbread Lattes, and Peppermint Mochas. 

broadwaybarbie

I LOVE fruity tea's when they're cold! And my favorite coffee's from the free standing Starbucks stores are from that specific stores "secret menu" item. Much like at in-n-out, every Starbucks has secret menu itcurrent his is because the employees play around with the flavors to create new tastes and creations. While in LA a month ago I tried a strawberry cheesecake latte and it was AMAZING!!!!  my new fav! But of course many of the Starbucks in my area look at me funny when I ask if they know how to make it :/

Gamergirl24

Love both, but i am allergic to coffee. So, I drink alot of tea. I know what you mean with the cup of coffee at night. Before i found out that I was allergic, I would always have one cup when I got home from work (11-8 shift).

broadwaybarbie

This makes me so sad to find out your allergic! :smileysad: but keeping your body healthy is the most important, and I'm sure the tea is just as wonderful because of it :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I love sweet iced tea, but like you not warm(-ICK) Also diet coke and alot of bottled water. :smileyhappy: We have a McAllister's Delli and honestly their sweet tea is the best not sure what brand it is probably something from Wal-Mart but whatever it is they do something magical to their tea. ^.^

broadwaybarbie

I love/can't stand stumbling I upon those restaurants that have amazing food or beverage items! I love it because it makes it a special place to go, but can't stand it because then you can't get it whenever you want! Haha :smileyhappy:

Graceann

TEA!! HAHA

broadwaybarbie

I love how sure you are! Haha :smileyhappy:

kiml50

I'm a tea girl, green specifically. It doesn't matter what brand, but I prefer to make it myself at home and I like it plain. ometimes I'll add honey if I'm in the mood for something sweet.

broadwaybarbie

Interesting idea to make it yourself. How do you go about doing this? :smileyhappy:

kiml50

I just buy tea leaves or tea bags and seep them in hot water for about 10 minutes haha simple enough right? And I save money by not going out to coffee shops to buy tea :smileyhappy:

carolang

Tea! I love loose tea from Teavana (Peachberry Jasmine Sutra, Sakura Allure... mostly floral/fruity green teas). As for bagged teas the Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile is naturally sweet and delicious (I never add sweeteners). When I want to cleanse my system I drink the Yogi Peach Detox tea - the taste is not my favorite (if you like chai you will like it though, as it is spicy) but I always feel more energized and less bloated after drinking it. Works for me! Going to try berry detox next!

broadwaybarbie

I'm definitly going to try this at my next "time of the month" for the de-bloating benefit haha :smileywink:

cherrybombtastic

Every morning I drink hot lemon Lipton tea with my breakfast, like I have to have it, but with coffee I tend to drink it when I'm not busy. And if I'm at Starbucks I usually get a Caramel Frappucino unless it's really cold, then I'll get one of their seasonal warm drinks. I don't depend on coffee to function, so I just like it for the taste. Great question!

broadwaybarbie

Thanks so much! :smileyhappy:

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

broadwaybarbie

I have a horrid immune system so this tea you mentioned might become my new friend! :smileyhappy:

RxVanBuren

Coffee, most definitely - ANY,  for that matter, even cold. Saw this thread. Had to laugh. Kids thanks for tolerating this old lady while i was w/o my coffee - writing novel-like posts and learning to navigate the various conversations. Everyone has been extraordinarily polite and kind with assistance (even clients). THIS is a wonderful source and so glad i had the opportunity to participate in the conversations. Sorry for elaborate posts. I hope I did not offend anyone, seem discourteous or bore then to pieces. Most all of you are just so congenial and considerate youngsters. I'm glad Sephora has given young people (and people @ my age) the opportunity to share their knowledge on the products, get advice, learn about & sample new skincare technologies, and laugh, 2. Wish we had the benefits of a beauty forum with clients being allowed to participate/review products when I was 16 something. This is really a great philosophy. Clients able to speak out on their opinions of merchandise & helping others make good decisions, Best regards/luck to everyone.

broadwaybarbie

Thank you for participating in the post! You shouldn't feel the need to apologize at all. In fact, I think it needs to be said that if anyone feels superior or better than anyone on Beauty Talk, then I think they need a reality check; because this is a place where we come to learn more about the thing we love! Like the old saying goes " if one man thinks he needs to stop learning, he is only hurting himself, for he then can never grow in his profession"...or something like that haha! But it's a pleasure to have you on Beauty Talk RxVanBuren :smileyhappy:

I also love cold tea- 7/10 times I prefer this to warm coffee! :smileyhappy: 

melissabt

Coffee for sure:smileyhappy: I have about 2 cups a day! I like Vanilla or Carmel flavors as well or I just get a soy latte and add brown sugar. Yum!

<3 Melissa
broadwaybarbie

I'm with you on drinking multiple cups a day! I just can't resist :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 143 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave