Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Coffee Talk

I've been chatting with some fellow coffee addicts over in the Random Thoughts thread but I thought maybe I should make a separate thread.  So let's discuss anything/everything about coffee!

I just got the Peet's Sumatra blend in the k cups and I really like it!  Need to make a note to try their Major Dickinsons Blend since it's so popular.

Re: Coffee Talk

If you go out that route, pay attention to the part about what type of air popper to use. The kind with the mesh screen at the bottom of the cavity will catch fire as the oils from the coffee beans are released and hit the heating element below. The kind with a solid metal bottom and vents on the side is the right one. 

Ohh good to know!

Coffee-Mate Natural Bliss in Salted Caramel - wow - so glad this is in my life. Ingredients are nonfat milk, heavy cream, sugar, natural flavor (whatever this is), and salt. That's it! Great in coffee, and I've been enjoying it in place of milk when making egg cream soda.

SheWhoSkis I found it!!

IMG_2586.JPG

Neeeeeeed to try this!!!! 

Jen, you need to!  It's soo good!

I finally found this a few days ago and it is soooooooooo good!!!!

Oh yay!  Jen, I'm glad you got it!

Isn't it? I love it! 

Yes!! Thank you both for sharing! I haven't tried anything new lately and this was soooo good! 

Yay! How exciting! 

How do you like it?

Omg it's sooooo good!!! I just really hope this is not LE because the last creamer I loved was and is gone now (the Spiced Latte flavor of the regular Coffeemate line).  

Btw do these come in the larger (32 oz) bottles?  All I saw was the small ones which was fine for now since I wanted to try it.  

Since it is not seasonally-themed, I'm hoping it is permanent. I am personally buying as much as I can to up demand and up the chances the offering stays. 

I haven't seen them in larger sizes. There aren't any preservatives, so it's good that it comes in sizes meant to be consumed rather quickly. 

That's true.  Btw there is a Target coupon for these for $1 off of 2 bottles at coupons dot target dot com.  

I wish these came in the larger size.  Maybe eventually they will.  You know you can store creamer in the freezer for a long time.  I used to store pumpkin spice creamers in there to have months after the season ends and they aren't available anymore.  I did that for my Spiced Latte also but I finished my last bottle 😞

I've never tried any of their Natural Bliss creamers.  That sounds really good though!  What the heck is egg cream soda?  Never heard of it.

The Natural Bliss creamers are really good.

Egg cream soda is a New York beverage. Mix 1-2 oz milk (I use heavy cream or the Natural Bliss) with 1-2 oz chocolate syrup (U-Bet is the traditional brand). Add plain seltzer/soda water (8-10 oz) to fill the glass. It bubbles/foams up like beaten egg whites, but there are no eggs in it (and it is really yummy).

I went to my grocery store a bit ago but they didn't have the Salted Caramel flavor.  If I see it elsewhere I'll pick it up.  I want to try it!

Ohh that makes sense as to why I've never heard of it.  I'm a Californian through and through 🙂  That sounds interesting.  I'll have to try it!

The bottle of Salted Caramel is labeled 'new', but it is not appearing on the Natural Bliss website. I'm not sure what is up with that. So new they haven't updated website yet? Only getting tested in some markets? I like the vanilla second, and the hazelnut is ok, but I probably won't buy again (not a fan of hazelnut in coffee, so it's a personal preference thing). 

Ohh interesting.  I always feel like grocery brands don't pay much attention to their websites .  Maybe they don't expect ppl to actually go there?  You're the opposite of me.  I wouldn't buy a vanilla flavored creamer because I don't like vanilla but I looove hazelnut.  

It's also great with the vanilla and hazelnut flavors. My normal way to make egg creams is with plain heavy cream, but I discovered putting the Natural Bliss in there one day when I was out of heavy cream, and I'm hooked. 

Ohh I see.  I'll try it some time and let you know how it goes!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • image.jpeg
  • IMG_0615.jpg
  • French Press.jpg
  • upload_5418971601793102925.jpg
  • IMG_1168.JPG
  • a20fe7b1ffe893b4.png.jpg
  • e970ca1c90db00b5.png.jpg
  • IMG_1468.JPG
  • IMG_1716.JPG