Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Coffee Talk

I've been chatting with some fellow coffee addicts over in the Random Thoughts thread but I thought maybe I should make a separate thread.  So let's discuss anything/everything about coffee!

I just got the Peet's Sumatra blend in the k cups and I really like it!  Need to make a note to try their Major Dickinsons Blend since it's so popular.

Re: Coffee Talk

I wonder if the sorting facilities can handle it. Ours claims they can only handle certain shapes (non-compliant ones go to the dump). Very cool, though, and hopefully they can be processed. 

Also, I love your nail color! 

Well, basically only the coffee grounds  and the filter are going in the compost.  The mesh of the filter is an organic material so I'm sure it's not a problem.

Thank you!  It's Formula X Hera from Divine Stardust line.  

I was talking about the plastic part. Our compost service is awesome, and they take everything imaginable (yard debris, pizza boxes, used tissues). Our recycling stinks. They take 1-5, but only if it is certain shapes (yogurt tubs, milk containers, clam shells, laundry detergent bottles, no lids, no dinner trays). If it isn't on their list or sortable shapes, they claim is messes up their sorting facility. I suspect it is also an issue of how they clean it (takes the same amount of effort to clean a large item as something small, but they don't get as much $ for the small item). I heard an interesting segment on NPR about how recycling sorting facilities are going out of business because the price of oil is dropping, so they don't get as much for the material, but they have stagnant to increasing costs. They went into the issues of cleaning and other things needed to prep the materials for sale. 

Hopefully this isn't the case, and most (even my local one) can handle them. It's a great idea, and I'm glad to see someone is tackling the problem. 

Ohh I see.  I hope they will take it.  Mine takes it just fine.  I've never had any problems due to the shape of the item.

Wow thank you for sharing I will have to see if my grocery store has this. I agree about throwing out the k-cups. 😀

You're welcome!  I'm glad it's not just me.  I'd feel so bad.  Apparently Target also sells this brand but I haven't seen it at my own Target.  I got it from Safeway.

I will check my local Target.  I actually have to go this week for a few things!

Let me know if you do find them.  I checked their website and around me mostly Safeway is the one selling it.  It listed 2 Targets (neither of which is the Target I usually go to).

Anonymous Insider

Yay! So happy to see innovation for this, I know a lot of local governments are starting to pass anti-kcup for inside their offices since it is causing a lot of trash.

Yeah!  I  hope more brands will do this.  I was so excited about it!

This finally arrived

IMG_2350.JPG

Oh that's really pretty! I'm a little jealous 🙂

I just couldn't resist it!

I love this! So pretty, enjoy!! 🙂

Thanks Jen!  I have been 😉

Lovely, and I love how your purple nail color compliments it as well!

Thank you!

Coffee haul:  25 lbs of beans arrived yesterday. We roast in small batches (250 grams), so this should last us 6-9 months. Raw beans keep a long time, and don't age quickly the way they do once they are roasted. 

image.jpeg

Wow!  So jealous!

It is possible to roast coffee with an air popcorn popper. Details & video tutorials are on the Sweet Maria's website. I did this way for a while, and have a friend that has been using the popper method for years. 

That's so interesting.  I never would have thought to try that.  

Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • image.jpeg
  • IMG_0615.jpg
  • French Press.jpg
  • upload_5418971601793102925.jpg
  • IMG_1168.JPG
  • a20fe7b1ffe893b4.png.jpg
  • e970ca1c90db00b5.png.jpg
  • IMG_1468.JPG
  • IMG_1716.JPG
  • IMG_1889.jpg