Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Coffee Talk

I've been chatting with some fellow coffee addicts over in the Random Thoughts thread but I thought maybe I should make a separate thread.  So let's discuss anything/everything about coffee!

I just got the Peet's Sumatra blend in the k cups and I really like it!  Need to make a note to try their Major Dickinsons Blend since it's so popular.

Re: Coffee Talk

Oh how cool! I think my starbucks card is still registered to my moms house LOL so Ill have to ask her!  Thanks! Hope your having fun.

Let me know if you got this also.  I'm curious,  I don't think Starbucks Rewards has ever sent me anything in the mail before (besides my gold card, that is).  Thanks, I am!

I never received anything either.  I didn't get it yet.  If I do I'll let you know.  🙂

That's weird.  I wonder what their criteria is.

a20fe7b1ffe893b4.png.jpge970ca1c90db00b5.png.jpg

So, there is a coffee thread. I only just learned this today. I love coffee. I am obsessed with coffee. My husband roasts beans (small roaster in the garage that does 200g or so of beans at a time), and we run a grinder and espresso machine at home.

We are currently roasting Guatemala Alontenago Tres Volcanes to the Full City level. 

Fresh, home roasted coffee has ruined me. 

OMG that sounds amazing!!!!! 

Omg that sounds like heaven!  I would love to live in your garage!

Yeah you need to come to The Lounge for threads like this 😉

I am very lucky. It is so easy to give spouses a hard time for not doing enough around the house, but, gosh, he sure makes up for it on the coffee side. 

Good, fresh roasted coffee can be found. We used to buy from Ritual Roasters in San Francisco, but then their shipping prices went way up, leaving us with no choice but to roast our own. If we lived in/near SF that would be one thing, but, just visit occasionally. For roasting, we started out with the air popper method (as in, popcorn device repurposed for roasting coffee), then progressed from there. 

You definitely have a keeper there!

I live in the SF Bay Area and recently saw an article about the top coffee roasters in the area.  I should explore more because sounds like I live in a great caffeine rich area (pun intended :P), 

Yes, you must explore. I can personally vouch for Ritual Roasters. It might be worth sending them an email to ask if they distribute to any shops in the area. 

Thanks I totally will!

So my assistant brought me Starbucks today and wow how boring is the red cup this year?!  They didn't even try to design it!  So sad.  Maybe they lost steam after the fall cup? 

Also, I got an email from Starbucks about their Dot Collection this year and there is an adorable traveler mug with kisses on it.  I actually really want it!  But my store said they'll be putting them out Monday and I leave Tuesday.  Ah well.

I'm wondering if the graphic designers went on strike or all took PTO at the same time... 😛 

Or they tried to do a ugly sweater design, but photoshop crashed because it was truly one of those ugly sweaters. 

I know I said the same thing.  Also the Fall drinks went away so fast!  I wanted to get another Toasted Graham Latte (I only had it twice) and they said it is gone already.  It felt fast.  But good news is my fav is coming or may be already here, the Chestnut Praline latte (I think that is the name). 

I also got the email with the cups and want one!  I have 1 from last year that is soooo cute! 

Yeah the Chestnut Praline is back!  That's my fave too!  Got it today 🙂

I got two last year as gifts.  It's like the thing to get a coworker who you don't know what they like.  But I really want that lips one.  I asked at the store by my house and the manager wrote down which one I'm looking for.  She took down my name and number too and said she'll call me when they put them out (they already received them).  I bet she'll put it aside for me so I can run over and buy it.  Last year there was one I really wanted but I couldn't find it.

That is a good idea as a gift for my co worker! Thank u!

Aw that's sweet of them to call you when they have it! It is really cute! I am probably going to get one too.  

Sure!  Yeah I hope she does call me.  I really want it and am leaving to go abroad Tuesday so I hope I can buy it before I go.  Otherwise I know I'll miss out.

Fingers crossed for you that they call! 😉

So Jen, I randomly stopped by the same Starbucks this afternoon and they had all the mugs out.  So I grabbed the one I wanted!

IMG_1168.JPG

Oh yay! So glad you got it!!! It is so cute, I want one!! Have a great time away! Talk to you when you get back. ️:D

Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • image.jpeg
  • IMG_0615.jpg
  • French Press.jpg
  • upload_5418971601793102925.jpg
  • IMG_1168.JPG
  • a20fe7b1ffe893b4.png.jpg
  • e970ca1c90db00b5.png.jpg
  • IMG_1468.JPG
  • IMG_1716.JPG
  • IMG_1889.jpg