Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Coffee Talk

I've been chatting with some fellow coffee addicts over in the Random Thoughts thread but I thought maybe I should make a separate thread.  So let's discuss anything/everything about coffee!

I just got the Peet's Sumatra blend in the k cups and I really like it!  Need to make a note to try their Major Dickinsons Blend since it's so popular.

Re: Coffee Talk

Yay!  Yeah I love that one!

Hmm if I ever go back I will ask them to make it less sweet.  It was so ridiculously over sweetened at full strength.

I don't like overly sweet things either so when I get latte's and stuff I ask for less pumps of the syrup.  Even the Iced Tea's they have, I get them with half the amount of syrup they usually put.

I feel like most Starbucks drinks are overly sweet for me.  The worst are the frappuccinos.  Interestingly enough, I love the ones that are sold bottled in grocery stores but I cannot stand the ones they make fresh.

I am not a big frap fan either. My husband is, he gets extra whip cream and caramel he loves sweets! Not me! Every time we talk about coffee I can't wait till the morning to have some haha. 

Haha I don't even wait till morning 😉

Stopped into Starbucks tonight only because my cousin in law wanted to try a PSL (she's allowed because she's visiting from abroad) so I got their new Toasted Graham Latte and omg it is wayyyyyy too sweet!  Also $5.25!  What the duck is that about?!  Have prices gone up that much in the last couple months or what?

In order to make the toasted graham they've got to mix lots of syrups to get the taste right. Try asking them to half the syrups. 

source: I used to work at Starbucks. 

Ohh interesting.  Thanks!  Well, if I ever go there again I'll try that.  

The prices went up a few months ago but only on the "fancy" drinks.  Don't order one in NYC, last time I got a caramel machiatto with an extra shot and it was over $6.  I almost had a heart attack.

I want to try the toasted graham!  I like that it's advertised as being less sweet lol.  I always ask them for 1 less pump than normal but I'm a brat.

Omg seriously!  That's crazy!

Haha no it is TOO sweet!  It's terrible.

I know I Iive in NY too, I couldnt even believe how much it was.  Ridiculous! 

I got it too, I'm glad I only got the small, I couldn't finish it! And there as some thick sludge at the bottom afterwards, and that was sweeter than the rest of the drink. So gross!

Yeah!  I guess I've lost my taste for such sweet drinks.  It was terrible!

I've had my Nespresso U for a few years and I absolutely LOVE it. My favorite pods are Arpeggio 🙂 I've considered getting a machine from their Vertuo line but I don't really like american coffee, it tastes like coffee water to me. On Wednesdays I usually go to Starbucks since it's by my Compensation & Benefits class.

I just saw this thread two days later than I should have - I'm a huge coffee lover. Though probably not something expected of, or good for, someone that also suffers from as bad anxiety as I do.

My mom got my a Tassimo machine last Christmas though I still find myself being too lazy to ever use it and just grabbing Starbucks. I have one of four drinks basically, depending on the type of day ahead:

- a mocha - slower day or I'm hungry and need something heavier to hold me over for awhile

- black coffee - relatively normal/busy day

- triple, tall, Americano - I need a massive amount of energy because I have a sh*t filled day of insanity 

- Peppermint mocha - it's the holidays!

No worries, glad you could make it! 😉

How are those machines?  I always see them but no one I know has one.

When it gets cold enough here I'll totally be drinking more peppermint mochas!  I love them.  

It's a good machine, I keep saying I want to transition into those really intense latte or espresso makers but realistically if I can't use the one button one I won't bother with that.

Aren't they great? Mmmm now I want one 😞

That makes sense.  

Yes totally same here!

I just saw this tread!  Fellow coffee addict here!  My husband and I got rid of our Keurig when we moved so we've been using a French press like fancy people.  I want to get one of those little frothers to make foamed milk; does anyone else have one of those?  It looks like fun!

Fancy French Press People UniteFrench Press.jpg

I love our French Press.

We've got about three different sizes and I just might be a snob.

I only started drinking coffee a couple of years ago when my mom started declining after the chemo wasn't doing its job. There were many light nights, with my dad and I watching her in shifts.

When I was young, I used to get a lot of -stuff- from my family for not drinking/liking coffee.

The biggest export of our home country (Puerto Rico) was coffee and the hometown (Yauco) was like the capital of the coffee bean; they liked to start us off as babies.

One night, my dad suggested I try some coffee and I was hooked.

I'm a tad picky and prefer the French Press to any other methods. I don't do Starbucks and if I had to, I could get something at Peet's. And if a coffee is bad at a resturant just once, I won't order it again.

There's only one place that has consistently amazing coffee (that is non FP) but its about 4 hours away in Garberville.

We get our beans at the Castro Coffee Company in San Francisco.

We love trying different ones each time we visit, and have found a good amount of favourites.

Tonight, I made the Sea Smoke Blend and it was fantastic.

Milk frothers are awesome.

You need one even if its just for a treat every Sunday morning or something.

And yes, they are so much fun.

Hey Evangeline, did you see an article about the top coffee roasters in the Bay Area?  It was on thrillist dot com

I love your story about growing up and being the odd one out because you didn't like coffee.  I had the same problem with tea.  My parents are from Pakistan and drinking tea is a common thing and they drink multiple cups a day.  I never liked it.  I still don't.  I'll drink some types of tea but not the Pakistani kind.

Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • image.jpeg
  • IMG_0615.jpg
  • French Press.jpg
  • upload_5418971601793102925.jpg
  • IMG_1168.JPG
  • a20fe7b1ffe893b4.png.jpg
  • e970ca1c90db00b5.png.jpg
  • IMG_1468.JPG
  • IMG_1716.JPG
  • IMG_1889.jpg