bombshell30

Cheap thrills!

[ Edited ]

It had been years since I purchased anything from the drugstore until a good friend started telling me all about the great stuff she would find. Lilahtov found those amazing Milani lip colors. Since I am on a serious low buy the next few months I thought I would give some of her product suggestions a try and VOILA! Many of the things she suggested are great!! Then I realized that there should be a thread specifically to share these low cost gems! I mean the Queen of Blending swears by Milani lipsticks, Spoiledbrat loves Wet&wild....why shouldn't I branch out? Maybelline full and soft mascara is my HG after all. How awesome would it be to actually have an idea of what you are buying, and to have even maybe have seen a swatch?  Please share your drugstore hauls, swatches and reviews here and share your wealth of knowledge! I know there are lots of us who have favorite things that come from a drugstore And for those of us on a low buy this could be a life saver! :smileywink: 

Here I go: I bought a Milani lip liner in fuchsia ( love it- definitely worth 4$) , a wet & wild palette in Poster Child, Milani baked shadows in I heart you (red) and Must have fuchsia ( hot pink), and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in creme Cherries in the Snow ( inside swatch) and Revlon super lustrous lipstick shine in Fuchsia shock! So far I know I LOVE both lippies  and the lip liner. More to come...image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

All right my savvy shopping beauties! Share your best kept drug store secrets with the rest of us. I can't wait to hear and see!!!

for those friends interested in cruelty free drugstore cosmetics here are the brands found to be cruelty free so far*****

sulfate found : Milani, NYX , ELF, Wet & Wild, Burt's Bees, Physicians Formula and Jordana

ashleynne

Re: Cheap thrills!

(0) Hearts

418JyWMZXUL.jpg

I've never been really a fan of drugstore stuff past Revlon's Colorstay liquid eyeliner but let me tell you this. I've bought a lot of masks from sephora and the department stores that have done little to nothing to help my acne/oily prone skin. So as I was stuck in Walgreens waiting for my mothers photos to be done I looked around at masks (no surprise they were extremely limited in variety) so I settled on the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. It was about $4 why not? I looked it up on amazon and was shocked on the reviews. It was a hair away from being a full 5 stars. Everyone swore by this stuff that it helped keep their skin clear and leave it refreshed. So I knew for sure there was a good possibility I had found a hidden gem hidden in line at a drugstore skincare section. I went home and tried it, amazing! The next day my breakouts were already starting to heal and go away. I literally could feel the sensation of the mask going deep into my pores and doing some serious deep cleaning. Highly recommend this stuff. 

HookedOnBeauty2

I walked into a CVS last week and the NYX display was completely empty. I asked the SA what was going on and she said its a new display because they are going to start carrying the line. I went back again yesterday and it was still empty. Apparently their shipment hasn't arrived. (It's a newer store)

I decided to try another CVS today and lo and behold their display was filled. There were too many butter gloss choices so I came home and watched a bunch of YouTube videos on swatches. So far I'm looking forward to fortune cookie, angel food cake, vanilla cream pie and eclair.

What are your favorites?

I did pick up the jumbo liners in milk, cottage cheese and champagne. I plan on using them as a base, brow highlighter, inner eye. I also like yogurt and sparkle nude.

nishcakes

The NYX display at my CVS stays empty. Usually, the jumbo pencils in Milk go first, then the butter glosses. I happen to have a lot of drugstore makeup lovers in my hood! Thankfully, CVS finally restocked last week. Here's what I got... (These are my first Butter glosses. Haven't tried them yet.)

image.jpg

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

I can see the dark brown pencil. What are the other 2

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

Cottage cheese and iced mocha. Have you tried your Butter Glosses? Do you like them?

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Will you be using any of them as a brow highlighter? I used the milk today as a base, brow highlighter and inner eye.  

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

Dark brown for smoky eye, iced mocha for inner corner and/or under brow, and cottage cheese for inner corner. I have milk already for a base.

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

I didn't get the glosses yet. 

TheBronzeGodess

(0) Hearts

I used to have an obsession with Milani Black Retractable Eye Pencil... bc I mean c'mon.. no sharpener makes life easier. That was until I discovered UD 24/7 in Perversion and never looked back... naturally, me and the sharpener have became friends.

Otherwise, since discovering the wonderful worlds of Sephora and Nordstrom Beauty... the only drug store secret I continue to have year after year: BioSilk... I'd be lost without it and as of yet, nothing beats it. (its not "cheap" - but it still counts since I have to run there to get a big one when mine runs low) - All other hair products however have been fully converted to Dry bar and Alterna

bombshell30

So I have been using agave lip mask from bite for a few months now on my dry, flaking, painful lips. It hasn't helped them a ton and they have been just terrible looking, to the point I don't even want to wear lipstick.  A friend told me to try aquaphor and it is 3 $ so I did. My lips are 90% better than they were when I went to sleep. Greatest cheap thrill I have found!!!!! image.jpg

jozkid

I use Neosporin Lip Health overnight renewal therapy every night. It comes in a little tub and it keeps my lips really hydrated and smooth. It does contain petrolatum, but this is creamy, not greasy. I think the tub is around $6. Good stuff!

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

I peeked into my drugstore stash since it's been hidden away lately and noticed I actually have a Milani marbleized baked eyeshadow.  

Before Sephora, I was heavily into ELF so I still have a variety of products on hand but I still use their brushes daily along with Sonia Kashuk.

I pulled out some of my Rimmel makeup and found the gel liners in black and brown. It's actually pretty good. I paired the black gel liner with the Maybelline metallic tattoo silver shadow and I liked it. I was looking for a good look to wear to a wedding next weekend and I was inspired by Jaclyn Hills New Years Eve tutorial.

Im also impressed with ELFs makeup remover wipes. I bought 4 packs when they had a 50% off sale because the price was too good to pass up.

HookedOnBeauty2

The last couple of months I have only been buying makeup and skin care from Sephora. I wanted a silver cream eyeshadow and I needed it right away so I stopped at Target yesterday and the only ones I found were Maybelline tattoo shadows. On a whim I purchased it.

Luckily I found this thread this morning and read all 15 pages while I enjoyed my coffee. I see many of you like these shadows so I'm glad I bought it.

Because I'm easily enabled when it comes to makeup, I'm going to CVS today to look for NYX butter glosses and the eye pencil in Milk.

Thank you ladies :smileyhappy:

lilahtov

Because Ulta is having a buy one, get one 50% off sale on NYX (and some other drugstore brands like L'oréal and Revlon, if you're interested!) I just hauled haaard in the lippie department because I LOVE Nyx lip products, and I've bene REALLY wanting to try the butter lipsticks!

bombshell30

image.jpg

If you like brow whiz this is a great inexpensive alternative From Milani :image.jpgI bought the dark brown which is comparable to soft brown in brow whiz. I LOVE the brow gel. Not too thick and doesn't make them crunchy!  

malday

I'm so upset that my local Target stopped selling Milani! I mean, CVS isn't far but target was right down the street haha. 

malday

I am honestly in love with NYX Soft Matte lip creams. They're $5.99 a pop ($4.20 on the NYX website right now) and I have three shades so far: Amsterdam (pictured), Stockholm, and Antwerp! There are 22 total listed on the site.

soft

photo.JPG

neko333

(0) Hearts

I finally bought one of these the other day. I bought Tokyo and it was more of the bright pink color of the tube and less like the swatch under it. I like the idea of a matte lip color but this did not work out well for me. The color was just all wrong and when first applied it settled into the little lines on my lips. I was able to smooth it out though. 

I'm a strawberry blonde and fair skinned. I was really wanting something that would stay on my lips that I could wear everyday. Any color or other brand suggestions?

nishcakes

Try the NYX matte lipstick. It's creamier than the matte lip creams, but not as matte. Take a look at the colors on the NYX website. You can buy directly from them. They also show you pics of customers wearing their products.

knuevekm

I am glad you posted this. I was planning to get the NYX xtreme lip cream in Nude peach fuzz at Ulta this weekend. I will look at the matte lip creams while I am at it because Ulta has buy one get one 50% off.  Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 680 hearts
  • 86 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • lb1414
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire