bombshell30

Cheap thrills!

[ Edited ]

It had been years since I purchased anything from the drugstore until a good friend started telling me all about the great stuff she would find. Lilahtov found those amazing Milani lip colors. Since I am on a serious low buy the next few months I thought I would give some of her product suggestions a try and VOILA! Many of the things she suggested are great!! Then I realized that there should be a thread specifically to share these low cost gems! I mean the Queen of Blending swears by Milani lipsticks, Spoiledbrat loves Wet&wild....why shouldn't I branch out? Maybelline full and soft mascara is my HG after all. How awesome would it be to actually have an idea of what you are buying, and to have even maybe have seen a swatch?  Please share your drugstore hauls, swatches and reviews here and share your wealth of knowledge! I know there are lots of us who have favorite things that come from a drugstore And for those of us on a low buy this could be a life saver! :smileywink: 

Here I go: I bought a Milani lip liner in fuchsia ( love it- definitely worth 4$) , a wet & wild palette in Poster Child, Milani baked shadows in I heart you (red) and Must have fuchsia ( hot pink), and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in creme Cherries in the Snow ( inside swatch) and Revlon super lustrous lipstick shine in Fuchsia shock! So far I know I LOVE both lippies  and the lip liner. More to come...image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

All right my savvy shopping beauties! Share your best kept drug store secrets with the rest of us. I can't wait to hear and see!!!

for those friends interested in cruelty free drugstore cosmetics here are the brands found to be cruelty free so far*****

sulfate found : Milani, NYX , ELF, Wet & Wild, Burt's Bees, Physicians Formula and Jordana

lilahtov

Re: Cheap thrills!

(0) Hearts

Because Ulta is having a buy one, get one 50% off sale on NYX (and some other drugstore brands like L'oréal and Revlon, if you're interested!) I just hauled haaard in the lippie department because I LOVE Nyx lip products, and I've bene REALLY wanting to try the butter lipsticks!

bombshell30

image.jpg

If you like brow whiz this is a great inexpensive alternative From Milani :image.jpgI bought the dark brown which is comparable to soft brown in brow whiz. I LOVE the brow gel. Not too thick and doesn't make them crunchy!  

malday

(0) Hearts

I'm so upset that my local Target stopped selling Milani! I mean, CVS isn't far but target was right down the street haha. 

malday

I am honestly in love with NYX Soft Matte lip creams. They're $5.99 a pop ($4.20 on the NYX website right now) and I have three shades so far: Amsterdam (pictured), Stockholm, and Antwerp! There are 22 total listed on the site.

soft

photo.JPG

knuevekm

I am glad you posted this. I was planning to get the NYX xtreme lip cream in Nude peach fuzz at Ulta this weekend. I will look at the matte lip creams while I am at it because Ulta has buy one get one 50% off.  Thanks!

jozkid

That's a gorgeous color.

love2shop42

Beautiful! I really like them as well!

bombshell30

image.jpgMy old faithful full &soft mascara, Milani brow gel, brow pencil (with spoolie brush!) in dark brown, and lipsticks in Sweet Nectar, Flamingo Pose, Rose Hip, Hot Pink Rage, Flirty Fuchsia, and Violet Volt, baked blush in Bella Rosa (matte). image.jpgBlush in Bella Rosa

image.jpgLipstick in Flamingo Pose

neko333

[ Edited ]

I've been playing with the Almay Shadow Softies. I've bought Lilac and Honeydew. Lilac has pretty good color payoff and seems not to fade or crease on me (but I'm fair skinned and using primer). Honeydew is basically completely sheer sparkles, It doesn't even really appear green. My drugstore had a tester though so I knew this when I bought it. Great for quick all over shimmer eye shadow or highlighting. I like these because they are easy to carry and I don't need brushes. It's great for when I'm staying over someplace because of how portable they are and how quick and easy they are to apply. Definitely good cheapies to keep in your travel bag.
 upload_4509749162837969049.jpgupload_1689117460773581466.jpg

Also been using the Milani Runway Eyes Fashion Shadows in Backstage Basics a lot. This wouldn't have been something I probably picked up myself due to the shadows being bars. However my boyfriend grabbed this one for me. I really like it and have gotten compliments when wearing it. Good color payoff, shimmery, blends well. It say's you can also use them wet but I have yet to try that. 

upload_8617259874877664990.jpgAlmay Liquid Lip Balm I recently bought as well. The color I got was the darkest called Just Plum Good. These are pretty sheer but they are great if you want some color and moisturizing. 

upload_3158401349220023753.jpg

MlleCC

I just bought one of the Almay Softies in Creme Brulee, which is supposed to be another sheer shimmer. Really, the Softies got hit hard in a lot of blogger reviews for being too sheer, but they were on sale for $1 at the drugstore, so I couldn't resist! :smileyvery-happy: If you're applying these with your fingers, did you find that it was easy to build up the color, even with the more sheer shade?

neko333

[ Edited ]

With the sheer honeydew shade you aren't going to get very far. It stay's pretty sheer no matter how much I slather on. The lilac I was able to build, it looks just like the color does in the pan. I got both of mine on sale and with coupons they wear a total of $3 I think. 

ColorCrazed

[ Edited ]

wetnwild.jpg

Got these beauties at Walgreens yesterday, and they were 25% off. Really loving those 8 pan palettes.

Finally tried Milani a couple of months ago, their blushes and lip glosses are phenomenal! 

MlleCC

(0) Hearts

Oh, I've been thinking about picking up the Wet n' Wild Fergie Shimmer Palette as my first highlighter! How do you like it? I've read some reviews saying that it's too shimmery or it can leave a metallic sheen. Would this be unsuitable for someone looking for a more subtle effect? Thanks! :smileyhappy:

ColorCrazed

[ Edited ]

It is very shimmery and I wouldn't recommend if you're looking for something more subtle. To be honest, this is my least favorite item in the haul. It looks so pretty in the pan, but the texture is rough and chalky, there's a ton of fallout, and very little pigmentation. It doesn't leave the glow that I prefer from highlighters, it's a more shimmery/glittery effect.  

MlleCC

(0) Hearts

Thanks for answering, ColorCrazed!  It's disappointing to hear that the palette is just a glitterbomb. :smileysad:

calamityjane85

[ Edited ]

edit. bombie it is yours. <3 

bombshell30

There should never be any question as to why we are BFF's! Lol

bombshell30

OMG------ I need that purple W&W palette!!!!

nishcakes

OMG!!!! YOU FOUND THE LIMITED EDITION PALETTE!!! IM SOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!

ColorCrazed

It was the last one! Pure luck. I happened to walk by one of the displays by the register, and there it was, all by its lonesome. I've wanted it ever since I saw a YouTube tutorial, but couldn't find it anywhere and had given up looking for it. Still surprised, I never have any luck getting my hands on limited editions! (MAC, I'm looking at YOU) :-)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 296 replies
  • 664 hearts
  • 83 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • lb1414
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire