bombshell30

Cheap thrills!

[ Edited ]

It had been years since I purchased anything from the drugstore until a good friend started telling me all about the great stuff she would find. Lilahtov found those amazing Milani lip colors. Since I am on a serious low buy the next few months I thought I would give some of her product suggestions a try and VOILA! Many of the things she suggested are great!! Then I realized that there should be a thread specifically to share these low cost gems! I mean the Queen of Blending swears by Milani lipsticks, Spoiledbrat loves Wet&wild....why shouldn't I branch out? Maybelline full and soft mascara is my HG after all. How awesome would it be to actually have an idea of what you are buying, and to have even maybe have seen a swatch?  Please share your drugstore hauls, swatches and reviews here and share your wealth of knowledge! I know there are lots of us who have favorite things that come from a drugstore And for those of us on a low buy this could be a life saver! :smileywink: 

Here I go: I bought a Milani lip liner in fuchsia ( love it- definitely worth 4$) , a wet & wild palette in Poster Child, Milani baked shadows in I heart you (red) and Must have fuchsia ( hot pink), and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in creme Cherries in the Snow ( inside swatch) and Revlon super lustrous lipstick shine in Fuchsia shock! So far I know I LOVE both lippies  and the lip liner. More to come...image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

All right my savvy shopping beauties! Share your best kept drug store secrets with the rest of us. I can't wait to hear and see!!!

for those friends interested in cruelty free drugstore cosmetics here are the brands found to be cruelty free so far*****

sulfate found : Milani, NYX , ELF, Wet & Wild, Burt's Bees, Physicians Formula and Jordana

bad823

Re: Cheap thrills!

Glad you like it!  Enjoy!  You've inspired me to pull out my palette.  The shadow trio's are great as well!

bombshell30

SCORE!!!

amberangeline

I love this palette! Hope you enjoy yours!

mberteig

This is one of my favorite pallettes, and I've even hit pan on it!  

spacesuit

Comfort zone is so good, the pigmentation is awesome and the greens are some of my favorites. It's great that you got it for such a discount too, were any of their other palettes on sale because I might need to do a Target run. :smileywink:

ljp93

No, this was the only one on sale! I scoured the entire makeup section to see if their were any others! 

lilahtov

Love my Comfort Zone :smileyhappy:

comfyrock

Almay Stay Smooth Anti-Chap Lipcolor in Rich is my default lippie.  Must have some methol-type of ingredient because it has a cooling effect.  This line is discontinued but I made sure to buy backups. :smileyhappy:

bad823

[ Edited ]

My go to drugstore products are Wet N Wild shadows-most are a-mazing!   NYX jumbo eye pencils-must wear over primer, shadow colors really pop! I love my $1 ELF brush, just used it today!  Many love Maybelline Color Tattoo & Loreal Infallible shadows, never tried, a trip to the drugstore is needed!

If you google "drugstore hauls" on youtube, you will be surprised how many of your beauty faves shop drugstore products!  I know you can return/exchange beauty products at CVS, prob other stores as well. Plus, drugstore products are always on sale! Nice!

As with anything else, there is always going to be the good & not so good products.

amberangeline

I agree with all of the products you mentioned! Wet n Wild shadows are no joke! Love the texture and pigmentation!

1SultrySCENTNut

Im not one to purchase my products at drugstores but something drew me down an aisle at a Giant Eagle grocery store, an isle that I have never bothered to venture before....and...I found the most awesome red eyeshadow -100%pigment in a cute little glass jar by LOREAL for $7.99 and another 100% shadow pigment in a bright perfect shade of purple in a glass container with a screw on top with a very good applicator attached by RIMMEL LONDON for $ 9.25 , and the purple is actually a very large size container  ( as soon as I figure out HOW TO or WHY I CAN'T get any pics up, I will be sure to share these finds with all. Both these pigments are in such awesome and unique colors I might have to venture aisles I never visit more often :smileywink: )

comfyrock

Check the image size.  Forums typically cap image uploads to a certain size, e.g. 2 MB.

jecrystal

I'm loving this thread! I was actually just thinking today about buying a drug store product - Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser & Toner. It gets really good reviews online. Any BTers tried it?

I love Maybelline Volume Express One-by-One, then layered with L'Oreal Voluminous mascara

amberangeline

[ Edited ]

Anyone else obsessed with jumbo lip pencils? I can't get enough! My drugstore fave is the Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain. They pack a good color punch and leave a really pretty stain on your lips after the initial shine wears off. Definitely comparable to Revlon's Just Bitten Balm Stains but only $2.99! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

L-R Candied Coral, Sweet Pink, Tropical Frenzy, Rockin' Rouge, Honey Love, and Cranberry Crush

**I just realized the photo came in upside down, so the shades listed are now R-L... lol.

mberteig

Yes, I really like these as well and own several of them.  I get them at Walgreen's and the price can't be beat!  For me, they are long lasting as well, another plus!

sn22

I really want these! The only place I have seen carrying jordana is kmart and I don't have one near me. Where did you get yours?

amberangeline

Walgreens! 

jaimelove

i don't have a cvs in my area, i don't even have one in my state! but... i have an out of state friend who has three of them in her town so she's going to hunt some milani products down for me! woohoo :smileyvery-happy: 

now that's some serious enabling :smileywink: 

amberangeline

I am LOVING the CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation! This has been my go-to foundation for this Winter. It has great coverage and stays put all day long on my oily skin! It also has SPF 20. I just think it's a great buy! :-)

StraightRhodes

I also love that foundation. The lightest color actually works for my super pale skin. A miracle!

amberangeline

I have super fair skin too and use that shade! It really is a miracle! Lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 680 hearts
  • 86 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • lb1414