bombshell30

Cheap thrills!

[ Edited ]

It had been years since I purchased anything from the drugstore until a good friend started telling me all about the great stuff she would find. Lilahtov found those amazing Milani lip colors. Since I am on a serious low buy the next few months I thought I would give some of her product suggestions a try and VOILA! Many of the things she suggested are great!! Then I realized that there should be a thread specifically to share these low cost gems! I mean the Queen of Blending swears by Milani lipsticks, Spoiledbrat loves Wet&wild....why shouldn't I branch out? Maybelline full and soft mascara is my HG after all. How awesome would it be to actually have an idea of what you are buying, and to have even maybe have seen a swatch?  Please share your drugstore hauls, swatches and reviews here and share your wealth of knowledge! I know there are lots of us who have favorite things that come from a drugstore And for those of us on a low buy this could be a life saver! :smileywink: 

Here I go: I bought a Milani lip liner in fuchsia ( love it- definitely worth 4$) , a wet & wild palette in Poster Child, Milani baked shadows in I heart you (red) and Must have fuchsia ( hot pink), and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in creme Cherries in the Snow ( inside swatch) and Revlon super lustrous lipstick shine in Fuchsia shock! So far I know I LOVE both lippies  and the lip liner. More to come...image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

All right my savvy shopping beauties! Share your best kept drug store secrets with the rest of us. I can't wait to hear and see!!!

for those friends interested in cruelty free drugstore cosmetics here are the brands found to be cruelty free so far*****

sulfate found : Milani, NYX , ELF, Wet & Wild, Burt's Bees, Physicians Formula and Jordana

killahbabe

Re: Cheap thrills!

Glad you like the liner! It's my fave! And it's sooooo cheap! :smileyhappy:

anb0906

Cannot find this liner anywhere-not even at online drugstores. I'm def looking when I go out of town. Luckily, I have a stockpile of liner to tide me over until then. 

bombshell30

I got mine at CVS, :smileyhappy:

bombshell30

I looooove it! Did you see I dedicated my first wings to you in the palette parade? :smileywink:

killahbabe

NOOOOOO! I NEED TO GO SEE NOW!!!

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I always give credit where credit is due!! Xoxo

roxystar4

do they smell like jolly ranchers to you?  Both are so pretty! swatches??

bombshell30

image.jpgThis is the sangria, which is more purple in person than in the picture! They smell EXACTLY like jolly ranchers!

lilahtov

This sangria shade is sooo gorgeous on you, bombshell! Now, if only you had the real thing! :smileywink:

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

That can always be arranged.....

katie1724

Ooh! That color is gorgeous! :smileyhappy:

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Milani Sangria Katie! 7$

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

ooooo la la! love it

calamityjane85

Ok bombie I'm gonna try these 

IMAG0127.jpg

bombshell30

[ Edited ]

Hooray!! I think you will love them!!! *crosses fingers* word to the wise- the ultra liner dries QUICKLY!! :smileywink: I'm so excited!!

lilahtov

I want to try Full N' Soft sometime soon!

bombshell30

[ Edited ]

You should Lilahtov! You should! :smileyhappy:

pinkonyx

[ Edited ]

upload_6382720318011353753.jpgI've been using this to contour for 10 years. 

ljp93

I went down to Target today and was just browsing the makeup section when I come across this magnificent Wet n Wild palette in "Comfort Zone" for A DOLLAR AND THIRTY-FOUR CENTS! That's right $1.34! I didn't hesitate to grab one.. Or seven. That is such a steal and the pigmentation is amazing! I've never tried any of their eye shadows before, but I'm sure excited to play with this tomorrow! 

IMG_6762.JPG

The last shade pretty much an EXACT dupe of Too Faced's "Girly" and resembles Macs "Club". And the other shadows are GORGEOUS!

Get your booties down to Target and pick one of these up! :smileyhappy:

annekevdb

This is quite honestly my favorite pallet that I've purchased this year. The duchrome is amazing.

I just bought 4 more WNW pallets yesterday:  from the In The Spotlight collectionScreen shot 2013-10-07 at 12.11.59 PM.png (A great glistener, No neutral ground, and Lights, camera, attraction)  and then the other 8 color one in brights (poster child). They aren't as good as comfort zone - but they are pretty awesome for the $2 or so they cost each. Some of the colors are amazingly fabulous. I think the coloricon ones were special releases around the holidays. Grab a few of their eye pencils too - a nice dark green one w/ good color payoff. Gotta love .79 for an eye pencil. Bought one of their foundations as well which seems more sheer that I expected but working pretty well. 

I have been on a very-low/delay/no-buy for a while now. WNW is about all in my budget.

ljp93

I love it! I've used it every day since I've picked it up! Best dollar I've ever spent :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 680 hearts
  • 86 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • lb1414
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire