bombshell30

Cheap thrills!

[ Edited ]

It had been years since I purchased anything from the drugstore until a good friend started telling me all about the great stuff she would find. Lilahtov found those amazing Milani lip colors. Since I am on a serious low buy the next few months I thought I would give some of her product suggestions a try and VOILA! Many of the things she suggested are great!! Then I realized that there should be a thread specifically to share these low cost gems! I mean the Queen of Blending swears by Milani lipsticks, Spoiledbrat loves Wet&wild....why shouldn't I branch out? Maybelline full and soft mascara is my HG after all. How awesome would it be to actually have an idea of what you are buying, and to have even maybe have seen a swatch?  Please share your drugstore hauls, swatches and reviews here and share your wealth of knowledge! I know there are lots of us who have favorite things that come from a drugstore And for those of us on a low buy this could be a life saver! :smileywink: 

Here I go: I bought a Milani lip liner in fuchsia ( love it- definitely worth 4$) , a wet & wild palette in Poster Child, Milani baked shadows in I heart you (red) and Must have fuchsia ( hot pink), and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in creme Cherries in the Snow ( inside swatch) and Revlon super lustrous lipstick shine in Fuchsia shock! So far I know I LOVE both lippies  and the lip liner. More to come...image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

All right my savvy shopping beauties! Share your best kept drug store secrets with the rest of us. I can't wait to hear and see!!!

for those friends interested in cruelty free drugstore cosmetics here are the brands found to be cruelty free so far*****

sulfate found : Milani, NYX , ELF, Wet & Wild, Burt's Bees, Physicians Formula and Jordana

lb1414

Re: Cheap thrills!

What undertone does that shade have?

amberangeline

(0) Hearts

I think it's got more yellow in it. image.jpg

michmo

Is that the Ivory 805 Shade?  If it has yellow undertones I may work for me.  

amberangeline

Yes this is 805. Give it a shot!

calamityjane85

you have my attention....

dang it, i am seeing a walgreens trip coming up 

amberangeline

I will reach for it over pretty much any of my high end foundations right now. I'm seriously impressed!

lilahtov

Out of curiosity--what makes it so great?

amberangeline

A good foundation in my book primarily means that it can cover up my acne scarring and/or blemishes, match my very fair skin, keep my oiliness under control, and last all day. This does the trick. It has great coverage (buildable) but isn't too thick or sticky. It glides on super smooth and is easily blended. The finish isn't totally flat and matte either, it gives me a natural-looking glow, which I have been loving this winter when my skin tends to get dry spots. It does oxidize a tiny bit on me, but not enough to cause any issues. I haven't noticed any white film in pics from the SPF, but I'm a pretty pale girl anyway, so it's hard to tell! Lol For less than $10, I just think it's pretty awesome!

lilahtov

Sounds good to me! :smileyhappy: Thanks for sharing, guys!

melisa16

Has medium coverage, but two layers will make it full coverage. However I noticed it does not photograph well, because of the sunscreen.

tanyab84

First let me say I am unable to reply to individual posts other than the original message.  I get an error message when I try: "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested." I found a bunch of posts describing the same problem and it was suggested to log out and clear cookies and log back in.  But that did not work for me.  So I apologize if this reply isn't in the "correct" spot! :smileysad:

Anyway, I just wanted to show what I got today at our local discount store.  I have never tried Milani before but see a lot of you like it.  So it was a pleasant surprise today when I was able to buy FOUR different eyeshadows for $1.49 each plus a Milani Powder Mosaic for $1.99.  To those I added two bottles of Revlon nail polish for 49 cents each ($1.49 - $1 coupons), a Maybelline Full 'n Soft mascara for 99 cents (1.99 minus $1 coupon) and a WNW lipstick and nail polish for FREE! They were 99 cents each but I had 2 $1 off coupons.

Milani1.jpg

I also got these two Milani eyeshadows in colors I'll never wear...Royalty, a really glittery lavender pink and Teal the Truth.  If someone would like them I would be more than happy to pop them in the mail.  I love sharing when I find great bargains! :smileyhappy:

Milani2.jpg

H216

Great deals!!! I remember Marc's when I used to live in BP. I haven't found anyplace comparable since moving to TX.

bombshell30

LOVE teal the truth!!! So glad you are trying maybelline full & soft! It's been my fave for like 17 years!!!! :smileyhappy: Thanks for sharing your goodies! Please do some swatches if you get the chance!!

P.S. I couldn't directly reply either until I switched my browser to chrome. It is explorer that kept me from directly replying. 

bombshell30

Cruelty free Update courtesy of Sulfate:
 Wet & Wild, Burt's Bees, Physicians Formula and ELF have been added to the list. Thanks for looking out Sulfate!

Jessiica15

I love Milani products. I think they are awe some,plus you can't beat the price. You have to try their blush in luminoso it's amazing!! 

amberangeline

Love Luminoso!!!

msperfect

I recently got Neutrogena's SkinClearing Mineral Powder. I personally really like it. It controls oil well and covers blemishes well. I have the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Smitten. It's a little too pink for me ( I have pale skin) and it looks better for you tan people out there :smileywink:

deedjw

I love Milani's eyeshadow primer! Very comparable to Urban Decay's Original primer.  It is one of those items that you wouldn't know was there unless you were looking for it.  I read about it on VampyVarnish.com & had to try it.  Well I'm hooked!

amberangeline

I have heard good things about this primer as well. Can't wait to try it!

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

NICE! I will be on the hunt for the eyeshadow primer! Too bad the only drugstore near me  CVS barely sells any Milani products :smileysad:

lilahtov

Okay, ladies, I'm on a mission to find a wonderful drugstore mascara! MUFE's Smoky Extravagant is my HG, but I also want to try layering mascaras for a more dramatic effect. Smoky Extravagant is AMAZING and looks natural and gorgeous from first coat to fortieth, but I want to see if I can truly achieve falsies without actually putting any on :smileytongue: Here are the candidates (plus Maybelline's The Falsies Flared, which I like but don't love. It rivals the effect of MUFE but makes my lashes dry/almost crunchy)

Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 3.36.16 PM.png

As you can see, there's also a NYX Milk jumbo pencil hiding in the mix! I am SO excited to try this baby for the first time--too many MUAs on Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, etc. talk about this thing!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 680 hearts
  • 86 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • lb1414
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire