bombshell30

Cheap thrills!

[ Edited ]

It had been years since I purchased anything from the drugstore until a good friend started telling me all about the great stuff she would find. Lilahtov found those amazing Milani lip colors. Since I am on a serious low buy the next few months I thought I would give some of her product suggestions a try and VOILA! Many of the things she suggested are great!! Then I realized that there should be a thread specifically to share these low cost gems! I mean the Queen of Blending swears by Milani lipsticks, Spoiledbrat loves Wet&wild....why shouldn't I branch out? Maybelline full and soft mascara is my HG after all. How awesome would it be to actually have an idea of what you are buying, and to have even maybe have seen a swatch?  Please share your drugstore hauls, swatches and reviews here and share your wealth of knowledge! I know there are lots of us who have favorite things that come from a drugstore And for those of us on a low buy this could be a life saver! :smileywink: 

Here I go: I bought a Milani lip liner in fuchsia ( love it- definitely worth 4$) , a wet & wild palette in Poster Child, Milani baked shadows in I heart you (red) and Must have fuchsia ( hot pink), and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in creme Cherries in the Snow ( inside swatch) and Revlon super lustrous lipstick shine in Fuchsia shock! So far I know I LOVE both lippies  and the lip liner. More to come...image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

All right my savvy shopping beauties! Share your best kept drug store secrets with the rest of us. I can't wait to hear and see!!!

for those friends interested in cruelty free drugstore cosmetics here are the brands found to be cruelty free so far*****

sulfate found : Milani, NYX , ELF, Wet & Wild, Burt's Bees, Physicians Formula and Jordana

bombshell30

Re: Cheap thrills!

image.jpgMy holy grail mascara for over 17 years! I've used Smashbox, benefit , Dior, too faced, Stila and I go back to this!   I may layer on top but this is the one I can't live without.

FYI: watch out for that mega plush. It made my eyes burn like crazy. I ended up with a runny mess mascara face because it bothered my eyes so badly! 

katie1724

This was my favorite mascara for years and years -- you've inspired me to try it out again! I hope I love it as much as I once did. :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

well, thats on the list too now.... 

lilahtov

I hear nothing but great things about Full N Soft! Thank you so much for the heads up :smileyhappy:

melisa16

There are two combos of drugstore mascaras that I think equal perfection. Loreal Shocking Extensions (non-waterproof, otherwise it flakes) with Maybelline the rocket on top. Or Covergirl Lash Perfection with Covergirl Lash Blast on top!

lilahtov

Wow, you've got it down to a science, girl! Do you by chance have any pictorial evidence of this perfection of which you speak? :smileyvery-happy:

melisa16

HAHA I do not.I actually discovered one of the mascara combos through Youtube, and worked amazing. And it comes out to be affordable because sometimes at CVS Covergirl is buy 1, get 1 half off, then I'll scan my card to see if I get any more coupons, and I'll end up paying $7 for both mascaras.

lilahtov

That's awesome! I definitely have to try these combos out.

dziggi

Drugstore.jpgFavorite drugstore items:

- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains (originals, haven't tried the new matte/satins)

- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liners

- L'Oreal 24HR Infallible Eye Shadow

- NYX Butter Glosses (recent discovery, love love!)

lilahtov

Huh, now I'm curious about the butter glosses...so many BTers in this thread love 'em and I've been trying to like glosses lately!

BabyD0LL1982

I have 2 of the nyx butter glosses and i loooooove them. they just melt onto your lips and and make them feel so soft!

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

BabyD0LL, I had to get some the other day...my curiosity overcame me! I ordered three of those and three matte lip creams, but one for a friend for her bday :smileyhappy:

ProperIntro

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner Trios, 3 retractable eyeliners for about $13 bucks, what a great deal! =]

tanyab84

In NE Ohio we have a locally owned chain of discount stores called Marc's and each store has a "close-out" section where I have been lucky enough to get some fabulous deals.  Whenever a product changes packaging the old style often ends up in the close-out section.  I recently found Olay's Total Effects Tone Correcting Spot Treatment for $2.99 and since I had $3 off coupons I got it for free.  I also recently bought 8.5 oz Nexxus Headress Leave-In Conditoner for only $2.99, Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser for $1.49 (free after coupon), and Yes to Carrots Facial Wipes 40 pack for $1.49.

And I got a really great deal this week on Simple Moisturizing Face Wash and Cleansing Wipes.  I had a coupon for a package of free wipes with any Simple Cleanser purchase and a coupon for $2.00 off any Simple Cleanser.  So I got both the wipes and cleanser for 97 cents!

lilahtov

Geez! Those are fabulous deals!!

emmaclaire

I LOVE the Neutrogena makeup wipes - I have been using them for almost 10 years and I think I'd have a fit if they were discontinued.  I also really liked L'oreal's version of glossy stains (which is funny because I really disliked the actual YSL glossy stains!) 

lilahtov

OK, Emma, you have to explain that--I didn't like the Glossy Stains at all, so I never tried L'Oreal's. What makes 'em different?

emmaclaire

The L'Oreal version (at least the color I got - it looks like some of the other shades have differing pigmentation and staying power, so I can only speak for the Fuchsia shade) is exactly what I thought the YSL version was supposed to be.  It goes on 99% opaque in a single stroke (and builds flawlessly to absolute opacity or deeper/darker color with multiple coats), is "wet" for about 5 to 10 seconds before drying, doesn't move/feather/fade for at least 8 hours, DOES NOT TRANSFER whatsoever - you can eat, drink, smooch, or sweat and it looks like you JUST applied it without any marks, feels super comfortable on the lips (although the texture is a little strange, it is lightly moisturizing and very comfortable), and is super pretty and glossy.  As far as I can tell it's perfect, and I don't understand why anyone would pay for the YSL version, which I found sheer, not at ALL long lasting, non-buildable, easily transferred, and stinky as HECK.

And while the L'Oreal really does stain, it isn't impossible to remove with a good makeup wipe and a little bit of time.  I don't like lip stains that seem to sink in to your DNA and take days to completely remove, especially because I think those formulas are generally drying.  The L'Oreal glossy stain has marvelous staying power, but it doesn't OVERstay.

lilahtov

WOW. Thank you so much for this review!! Consider me majorly enabled--I REALLY wanted to like the YSL ones, and your opinion of the L'Oreals gives my hope new life. The price is certainly right, too! :smileyhappy:

emmaclaire

Yay!!!  I'm in the minority with my opinion of YSL glossy stains, so you may find you're in love with them, I just much prefer the L'Oreal ones.  I definitely recommend giving them a shot, and post pics/let me know your thoughts if you do! :smileyvery-happy:

lilahtov

Will do, Emma! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 311 replies
  • 680 hearts
  • 86 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • lb1414