officegal

Challenge of the Week

[ Edited ]

Some of us have been having a lot of fun "shopping our stash" lately in an attempt to curb our spendings, but we're starting to get the itch to buy new things again.

It'd be fun to take part in a weekly challenge where we all try one type of makeup item/look/trend per week.  For example, despite admiring many who do so, I've never successfully rocked the perfect red lips.  If red lips is on the agenda, we all try out the red lips at some point during the week.  I tend not to be very adventurous with my makeup despite my many purchases, and I think it might help people like me to break out from the ordinary routine.  Also, it's just plain fun to play with makeup.  :smileyvery-happy:  (And an excuse for those without the items to buy and test new things. :smileywink:)

SCHEDULE:

• Red lips (week of Feb 14) COMPLETED
  • False lashes (week of Feb 21) COMPLETED
  • Colourful eyeliner - something that's not black or brown (week of Feb 28) COMPLETED
  • Bright pink blush (week of Mar 7) COMPLETED
  • The perfect nude lips (week of Mar 14) COMPLETED
  • Blue eyeshadow (week of Mar 21) COMPLETED
  • No makeup makeup look (week of Mar 28) COMPLETED
  • Something coral (week of April 4) COMPLETED
  • Purple eyeshadow (week of April 11) COMPLETED
  • Red nails (week of April 18) COMPLETED
  • Pastels (week of April 25) COMPLETED
  • "Golden sand" eye shadow (week of May 2) 
  • Glitter/shimmer (week of May 9)
  • Creative nails - e.g. moon manicure, nail art, nail stickers... go nuts! (week of May 16)
  • Your perfect bronzer/self-tanner (week of May 23)
  • Sunscreen! Try to wear together as many items with SPF as possible. (week of May 30)
  • Monochromatic look (week of June 6) <<<<<< CURRENT

And so on.  What do you think?

lovemakeup21

Re: Challenge of the Week

(0) Hearts

I like this!!!!!!!!!!!

naturalbeauty21

(0) Hearts

hey girls! i follow the challenge of the week and do the challenges but i haven't posted anything yet, but i thought a cool challenge would be lipstains. its just an idea but i think it would be fun. :smileyhappy:

naturalbeauty21

hello? anyone there....

what happened to everyone????.....:smileyindifferent:

officegal

(0) Hearts

Sorry to have abandoned the challenge! Would someone care to create and lead a new challenge thread with a new schedule? I might not be around as much this summer with a fuller schedule and all, so I'd hate to leave people hanging if they're still interested in the challenges. :smileysad:

I didn't realize it but I was totally doing last week's challenge on schedule! It got hot here all of a sudden for a few days and I went out looking for extra sun protection. Does anyone know of a lip product that has the highest possible SPF? I think the only one I own is TheBalm lip gloss that has SPF 17. I bought a Clinique SPF 45 stick that's multi-purpose and might be all right on the lips, but I'd feel better with an actual lip product with SPF30 or higher. (I know LAVANILA has one but I don't see it in the stores around here, and I don't order online since it's so expensive to ship to Canada.)

Okay, so it's monochromatic look this week! Yikes. Tomorrow I'll go for mostly pinks, then on Wed I'll do all bronze, and on Thurs all coral. :smileyvery-happy:

lashreece

(0) Hearts

Does anyone know of a lip product that has the highest possible SPF? I think the only one I own is TheBalm lip gloss that has SPF 17. I bought a Clinique SPF 45 stick that's multi-purpose and might be all right on the lips, but I'd feel better with an actual lip product

Office Gal - When I'm looking for Max Sun Protection for my lips, I use Bannana Boat Lip Balm SPF 50.  @2.50-3.00 you can't go wrong. 

lashreece

(0) Hearts

OK I need to catch up on my posts:

• Your perfect bronzer/self-tanner (week of May 23) - My perfect bronzer is none at all.   I'm super fair and bronzers and self tanners never look natural.  I've embraced my paleness.   I'm trying to resurrect the Scarlet O'Hara look.

• Sunscreen! Try to wear together as many items with SPF as possible. (week of May 30) - I do this every week.  I'm a sunscreen fiend.  My normal routine:

Most Days:

-MURAD Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15
-Mineral Based Moisturizer labeled by my dermatologist mixed with Jane Irendale Amazing Base SPF 20

-Dior Addict Lip Glow SP 10

-Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Powder SPF 45 for touch-ups

-Eucerin Everyday Protection SPF 15 body lotion

-If possible I also try to choose other make-up items with SPF if available -bare essentials has many items with SPF

For days when I will be outside a lot I trade:

- my mineral based moisturizer from my dermatologist with Spectrum+ Face Advanced Sunblock Lotion SPF 100+

-my Eucerin body lotion for Spectrum+ Advanced Sunblock Lotion SPF 100+ ( I do re application with their spray)

- my lip glow for Banana Boat Lip Balm SPF 50

-Rene Futeer Very High Protection Fluid Moisturizing KPF 90

-I am also careful about wearing a hat, sunglasses, and to wear clothing with a high spf rating if I'm outside for any length of time.

Monochromatic look - I plan to do this tomorrow using Stila's Kitten One-Step
tenngal

(0) Hearts

@officegal:  I'm going to miss your Challenge Of The Week thread, but I totally understand how it can take a lot of time and other things need to come first.  I noticed that naturalbeauty21 has started a New Challenge Of The Week thread so I'm going to subscribe to it and I hope to see (or read, ha ha) you there!
:smileyhappy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@naturalbeauty21:  I just wanted to say that you're a doll for taking on the task of leading the New Challenge Of The Week thread!  I have subscribed to it and, although I'm not on Beauty Talk as much as I used to be, I'll be participating whether posting or not.  Thanks for taking the lead!
:smileyhappy:

naturalbeauty21

(0) Hearts

i would be happy to start one maybe we can all take turns so when one person runs out of ideas or can no longer participate someone else can start it back up. i will post a new thread soon i will probably names it the "new challenge of the week thread" or something. hope to see some of you there :smileyhappy: glad to hear from you officegal

ohhenri

(0) Hearts

I totally flunk this week challenge... I started to bite my nails again this past week (too much stress at work!), so all of my hard work of the past few months trying to get rid of that nasty habit is now gone!!  I got them to a decent length, then broke one so I bite all the rest of them!!! Oh well, I'll have to do better next week:smileywink:

lashreece

IMG00081-20110521-0827.jpg

I don't paint my nails very often - so for me this is extreme nail art!  I also took care of last week's glitter challenge.

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

Oh No! I'm so behind! :smileysad:

I wore the Golden Sand challenge out to dinner with my family last weekend...but forgot to take pictures! So sad!

Have a lot of shimmer....not so much glitter. We'll see if I post pictures/participate in this weeks...

Awesome job everybody!:smileyvery-happy:

mermadelove

Worked too much overtime this week to get into the glitter challenge! Didn't even have time to take pics of the nails :smileysad:

I'm such a glitter slacker this week! :smileysurprised:

kristamarielund

(0) Hearts

Some inspiration for this weeks challenge.

072109-freshnails1-400x400.jpg

kristamarielund

(0) Hearts

072109-freshnails3-400x400.jpg

kristamarielund

(0) Hearts

063_freshpaint.jpg

kristamarielund

(0) Hearts

makeup.png

kristamarielund

(0) Hearts

makeup_1_1.png

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

Tis I will be able to do since I've been obsessed lately.  Yay, nails!

mermadelove

I finally got around to posting a pic of a recent challenge! Here is my pic for creative nails week! It can also double for glitter week! It is RBL Purple Haze with China Glaze Crushed Candy Crackle and Orly Shine on Crazy Diamond over it. The accent nail is RBL Purple Haze with Starry Silver over it. Sparkle On!

creative nail.JPG

kristamarielund

Photo 64.jpgThis is my first attempt at the sally hansen nail stickers. I like them. I tried a moonicure and it was a disaster, so I went with these.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 442 replies
  • 458 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • beckpoppins
    • sarithor
    • officegal